Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,628 comments
My latest purchase aftermarket rear bar and quad exhaust for my 2005 BF XR8 Ute!
quadsep4.jpg

dsc00906az2.jpg

Now producing 370hp at the wheels :)

51P8YRZtnAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It's nice having some weight back in my hands. It feels like I'm really holding something.

My latest purchase aftermarket rear bar and quad exhaust for my 2005 BF XR8 Ute!
quadsep4.jpg

dsc00906az2.jpg

Now producing 370hp at the wheels :)

OMG what is that?!?!?!?!?!
A truck????
A car?!?!
lol!! I've never seen one of those things in my whole life. I'm from US and they don't make them here.

A truck????
A car?!?!
lol!! I've never seen one of those things in my whole life. I'm from US and they don't make them here.

It's a Ford Falcon ute. Wikipedia comes to save the day here and Here. You might get used to the concept with the introduction of the Pontiac G8 ST (basically a re-badged Holden ute) which is making it's way to the US.

51P8YRZtnAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It's nice having some weight back in my hands. It feels like I'm really holding something.

Nice one!
Is it already available in the US? How much?

I know what you mean about the weight, I got myself a Logitech Wireless for my defunct PS3 and, apart the weight, which alone makes it feel a lot more robust and comfortable, it is, by far, more well built than the Sixaxis with very ergonomical buttons and each more accurate than the Sixaxis.
Paid about €30 for it (~$47USD). 👍

Nice one!
Is it already available in the US? How much?

I know what you mean about the weight, I got myself a Logitech Wireless for my defunct PS3 and, apart the weight, which alone makes it feel a lot more robust and comfortable, it is, by far, more well built than the Sixaxis with very ergonomical buttons and each more accurate than the Sixaxis.
Paid about €30 for it (~$47USD). 👍

I paid $54.99 USD at my local Gamestop store. One thing that motivated me to get it is.....well a controller I can call my own that I don't have to share with the rest of the family. They have 4 other controllers they can grease up with their potato chip hands. :) I hide my new controller in my drawer. I haven't even told them about it. :D

Ergonomics of the controller are identical to the original PS3 controller with exception to weight. The buttons do feel more sturdy and clicky.

Pako, does it feel better made, as in does it creak at all or does the added stuff inside make it feel slightly more robust?

Robin

It's all subjective I suppose. My initial thoughts are a better quality product. It felt less cheaply made as compared to the original PS3 controllers. I attribute this in part to the added weight inside the controller. The L1/2 and R1/2 feel about the same. The O,X,Square, and Triangle feel better, more spring tension or something. The start and select button are noticeably stiffer in my opinion. In playing Rainbow Six 2, I noticed the rumble right away but soon forgot it was even on but it does help in the immersion of the game.

Hope that was some help. Worth $55 USD? No....$34.99 maybe..., but they will sell it for what the market bares.

Yeah thanks for the reply... glad to see there is some difference other than it weighing more and rumbling! :sly:

I only wish Sony had dished these out from the start! Instead half the wold got suck with the Sixaxis... Its not too bad TBH and its nice that its light but it does feel really cheap!

Robin

A truck????
A car?!?!
Its like a pickup and runs on a full chassis but it is built for performance with handling somewhat similar to a sports sedan. They actually race them here in Australia.
It runs a Boss 5.4L V8 DOHC with 4V heads like the one you'd find in your New Shelby GT500 and the F150 SVT Lightning with a 6 speed manual or 6 speed sequential auto.
Power from factory is 350hp and 369Ft-lbs of Torque. Unfortunately 0-60mph times are only 6.2 seconds stock.
1/4 mile times are a shocking 14.3 seconds stock but after a few basic bolt on mods mines down to high 12's 👍

image_111x128_1.jpg

Batteries dead in camera. Stock pic only. :D:D:D:D Late getting back to work. Got sick at lunch, must stay home.

I worked hard scouring the interweb for like 7 seconds for that, though...

:lol:

We'll have to throw down and race sometime. :)

Bah...you guys are weak. I was planning something special for the first GT game in the last four years. It needs to be seen in all its glory.

Bah...you guys are weak. I was planning something special for the first GT game in the last four years. It needs to be seen in all its glory.

I was to, BUT MY BATTERIES WERE DEAD!!! (The least of my worries, life is really good all in all. :D)

Latest Posts

Back