Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,678 comments
G.T
^ When I upgraded to in ear headphones of a similar price makes me wonder how people listen to music on their cheap Apple headphones every day. It's such an improvement I would never, ever go back. Even ones that are £40 are a major improvement that everyone needs to understand!

That is precisely what I was saying to my wife. I'm screwed now and won't admit anything bellow these now. It's like when you watched a blu-ray for the first time and was like no way, only with your ears.

Also Dennisch's tee is otherwordly awesome 👍

Eh, no? I like the shirt?

Now you got me wanting shirts full of epicness. Just found this one.

fig,eggplant,mens,ffffff.jpg

What.

That's awesome!
May I ask why?
I saw a picture taken from the top of Table Mountain (one of the mountains in that picture) and decided I wanted to go there. Every 6 months I go somewhere I've never been before.

Neat - when are you going and for how long?
Mid August, for only 9 days. I used up a majority of my vacation time off from work crossing Australia. :dopey:

G.T
^ When I upgraded to in ear headphones of a similar price makes me wonder how people listen to music on their cheap Apple headphones every day. It's such an improvement I would never, ever go back. Even ones that are £40 are a major improvement that everyone needs to understand!

TBH, the new earpod from Apple is quite good for me, especially the bass level sound similar to my Harman Kardon BT headset

TBH, the new earpod from Apple is quite good for me, especially the bass level sound similar to my Harman Kardon BT headset

I have the earpods, I got my girlfriend an iPhone5 and they came with them, so I promptly "nicked" them. By far and away better than the older version.

Made up a custom book of my best work from 2010-2012 on Shutterfly last week, and finally got here today.
a1bb4112b75411e2945d22000a9f13ca_7.jpg

ee45de78b7ec11e2839b22000aa801fc_7.jpg

Was going to be over 100$, but got it for about 65$ with 40% off.

Made up a custom book of my best work from 2010-2012 on Shutterfly last week, and finally got here today.
a1bb4112b75411e2945d22000a9f13ca_7.jpg

ee45de78b7ec11e2839b22000aa801fc_7.jpg

Was going to be over 100$, but got it for about 65$ with 40% off.

When does it go into limited print so we can buy one? :D

Spent $20 on 3 shirts and an awesome looking tie while thrift shopping today.

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E430c w/ i3 CPU & Win 7(Comes with a install DVD of Win 8) - $428.99:
34-312-400-TS

Team 4GB 204-Pin SO-DIMM DDR3 1600 - $29.99:
20-313-297-TS

Bought the extra ram to add to the 2GB in the laptop. Mother is buying a laptop so I had to make sure she got a really good one. I'll say, I'll be quite jealous of my mother once this laptop comes in the mail.

Manfrotto Allegra 10 DSLR sack:

t320_3bb4eea6ce169a00754d6eab0203cc08.jpg

The zipper was on a slow journey towards self-destruction; I tried my best to work around its problems. Sadly, it didn't know when to keep its mouth shut, forcing its retirement. Fits inside my backpack, but also fits a netbook as well as my gear. Less stuff underneath my footwell = more legroom = happier flier.

My old bike bit the dust. The wires for the brakes went out. Luckily I was only going uphill. It was fairly old.

8721357715_cef0395685_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phillkillv2/8721357715/in/photostream

I bought this bike from my fathers friend for a couple hundred. It's fairly rare, and it rides so well. It was a whole different experience. It was restored a couple years before I bought it so it's in good standing. Also, you can see the spare tire under the seat.

Dat frame geometry :drool:

I enjoy playing the 'Spot the commuter who is probably not aware that they are riding a 1970s/1980s racing machine that is worth £500+' game while I'm in the city. I've seen some really beautiful old frames being pressed into service as fixies.

My old bike bit the dust. The wires for the brakes went out. Luckily I was only going uphill. It was fairly old.

8721357715_cef0395685_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phillkillv2/8721357715/in/photostream

I bought this bike from my fathers friend for a couple hundred. It's fairly rare, and it rides so well. It was a whole different experience. It was restored a couple years before I bought it so it's in good standing. Also, you can see the spare tire under the seat.

That is a fine looking machine. Congrats on the find.

Also, I don't see any reason why you'd keep a tyre speare. A tube, yeah. A tyre, why?

I've seen some really beautiful old frames being pressed into service as fixies.

Makes my blood boil. Although I don't hate fixies (or even their riders for that matter) I'm not a big fan of any pleb who decides a 30 year old ten speed deserves the fixed gear and no brake treatment.

That is a fine looking machine. Congrats on the find.

Also, I don't see any reason why you'd keep a tyre speare. A tube, yeah. A tyre, why?

Makes my blood boil. Although I don't hate fixies (or even their riders for that matter) I'm not a big fan of any pleb who decides a 30 year old ten speed deserves the fixed gear and no brake treatment.

Thanks, I've been riding it off and on for about a week. I rode by some kids while I was in the city and they just paused and pointed at me. That highlighted my day since they've probably never seen a bike like that one.

The bike has a tubeless system so I decided to keep the spare. I tested it out and it works fine. Tubeless tires are really expensive + if I wanted to resell the bike I'd probably get more money for the spare since it's original... I'm not selling it at all.

I'm glad you guys brought the fixed gear bikes up too. I was riding my old mountain bike and I saw this guy riding a fixed gear and he started sliding right in front of me trying to brake, nearly cutting me off... I used to live in San Francisco and I'd see those fix geared bikes around often but I never rode near a rider that was on one. Another fixed gear rider decided to flick cigarette ashes onto me when he passed me. No respect.

I love the older bikes though. My mom has an old Centurion bike from the eighties. My brother got hit by a car while riding that. The original rims got bent into oblivion but the frame is alright so I might look around for some parts.. My father has a Guerciotti from when he used to race in San Mateo in his college years. He told his friend that I was looking for a bike and he offered me the one above as long as I took care of it.

I guess I'll be driving this bike to the park to ride since people in Saint Louis clearly cannot drive. As hypocritical as that sounds, I don't want to take any risks.. as a rider.

Back