Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,677 comments
A couple of things to go in my new kitchen:

A 24"x18" pastry mat
A 16oz salad dressing making bottle with 8 recipes on the sides, complete with lines for the liquid ingredient levels.

photomay03200656.jpg

Ahh, you bought the later version of the concert. The CD box set is amazing, so much detail in the set by the late Storm Thurgerson.

Later version?

I'm addicted to watching it on YouTube so I thought I would fork out the cash for the DVD set and get slightly better quality, even if it is only 4:3 aspect ratio...

Sorry, that should have read as the later version of the dvd set. If you get the chance, you should go to see the Australian Pink Floyd, one of the best tribute bands in the world.

I was going to go see Brit Floyd next weekend, but I think it's sold out now. I waited too long to get tickets and couldn't find anyone to go with me. :indiff:

A couple of things to go in my new kitchen:

A 24"x18" pastry mat
A 16oz salad dressing making bottle with 8 recipes on the sides, complete with lines for the liquid ingredient levels.
Post recipes also the one for the strawberry/Rhubarb pie because of :

Strawberries in the blue barrel on left, also just noticed I need to top a couple of the Rhubarbs as they are trying to flower again. Was a bad winter for them as they never did die off kept trying to grow all winter.

They were referred to as painted burgers when I posted a picture in the 'What are you eating' thread. :lol:

My 17 month old work shoes finally decided it would be funny to crack all the way through the sole so while shopping at Sears for some other stuff I decided to look at their work shoes/boots. Came across these and had to at least try them simply because of the manufacturer. :P

DeWALT Baltimore boots
r4NBKqY.jpg

I had no idea DeWALT even made shoes but so far they're pretty comfortable and look as good with my work pants (business casual but I'm occasionally on construction sites/walking through mud) as they do with jeans on the weekend. 👍

Looks like somekind of donut type thingys :P

Wrong.

They're macarons. Very tasty depending on where you buy them from (Ladurée ones are amazing).

Wrong.

^Infact, they are called Luxemburgeli, but that name belongs only to Spüngli, so they are called macarons
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxemburgerli

Wrong.

They were referred to as painted burgers when I posted a picture in the 'What are you eating' thread. :lol:

Close!

tumblr_m7f0dcAQGG1qcml1h.jpg

00378971-086382_catl_500.jpg

I have had scores of friends tell me to check the show out, as they say it's hilarious. So, when I stumbled across it at the local shop for $10, I figured it was worth a watch.

101_0094.JPG

Marked down to $26 from $50 because it's the off-season right now (same price I paid for the t-shirt last time I was up there). They didn't have the design I wanted (same one I got last time, but I wanted it on a hoody), so I settled on the most obnoxious one I could get; and the owner threw in the sleeve decal for free because they had said they had the one I wanted but didn't have it when I actually got there.

I have lots of people tell me I should watch one reality TV show or another. I just explain the term, "lowest common denominator."

I have lots of people tell me I should watch one reality TV show or another. I just explain the term, "lowest common denominator."

Some are mindless dribble, and some are fun mindless dribble. At least imho.

Hardcore Pawn is almost laughably lowest common denominator; and I almost feel racist even watching it, but it's good for a laugh when there's nothing else to do.

Some are mindless dribble, and some are fun mindless dribble. At least imho.

Mindless dribble...

Hence why I don't watch it. Even when it is something like a B-rated film it is still a creative project and the mindless dribble is by design. The fact that we have made entertainment out of filming the lowest dredges and most desperate people in our society says a whole lot about us.

When I see society enjoying watching and laughing at people for being different, in a self-ingratiating, voyeuristic way I don't find myself surprised to discover how big narcissism is.

But then, maybe I just took a few too many elective sociology courses in college alongside my telecommunications degree.

You do make good points, Foolkiller. However, with nearly every channel having endless reality shows of some kind, it's hard to escape. Eventually, I found myself watching one or two from time to time. Found some I even liked. An Idiot Abroad comes to mind.

I'd be embarrassed. But the term reality show doesn't mean reality, in all reality. I go into the lowest denominator shows with the knowledge that they are exaggerating their lives for the cameras sake, and that they choose to do it under no duress. I think, "What will this idiots do for money?" Makes the show more entertaining.

You do make good points, Foolkiller. However, with nearly every channel having endless reality shows of some kind, it's hard to escape.
We live in a world of non-stop entertainment. I have a wall of DVDs, I have a cabinet full of video games, smart devices e-readers, multiple bookshelves, etc. it is only impossible to escape if your butt is set down, the remote in your hand, and you refuse to move after that. Even then I still have Netflix on three different set top devices.

Tonight I watched the Toyota Celebrity Pro/Am race at Long Beach, followed by two episodes of Sliders.

We live in a world of non-stop entertainment. I have a wall of DVDs, I have a cabinet full of video games, smart devices e-readers, multiple bookshelves, etc. it is only impossible to escape if your butt is set down, the remote in your hand, and you refuse to move after that. Even then I still have Netflix on three different set top devices.

Tonight I watched the Toyota Celebrity Pro/Am race at Long Beach, followed by two episodes of Sliders.

All I can say is: Touche.

Well played, Foolkiller, well played.

Lock-motorcycle.jpg

A very boring lock for my bike.

th

A small thing that holds stuff for my phone.

Oh, and ordered these last night because Chongqing roads are chaos.

T16fpEXdVbXXXFF2oZ_032236.jpg_310x310.jpg

T1jclWXEtaXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_310x310.jpg

(Has spine protector on the back)

Last edited:
TB
I had no idea DeWALT even made shoes but so far they're pretty comfortable and look as good with my work pants

Those were my exact thoughts when I first got my DeWALTs. I did not know they existed as well, but they look cool and they're very comfortable for safety shoes.

These are the ones I have (although in a darker shade of brown):

hoxcearjlrn.jpg

Back