Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,678 comments
Old router has gone. So picked up a Netgear DGND3700.

DGND3700-Product-Image-Low-Resolution73-17289.jpg
I have the WNDR3700. I wonder if the internals are different? Yours clearly has a USB3.0 port which mine doesn't, plus yours has a different color scheme...

I have the WNDR3700. I wonder if the internals are different? Yours clearly has a USB3.0 port which mine doesn't, plus yours has a different color scheme...

Not sure, but it was easy to configure and its fast enough.

Nice watch Sprite 👍. The 1925 is a very nice looking time piece.

And speaking of watches, I just won this on eBay.

wPvrbiX.jpg

It's a Raketa Copernic (c.1980), which has some of the coolest hands I've seen on a watch. After the Ventura I just bought, this was number 2 on my list of watches I wanted to get so I can cross another one off. Number three is a Bulova Spaceview, although I hear they are a PITA to get running if something breaks due to the lack of parts.

^Nice double post Sprite
Yeah, separated by two days...

And on the watch subject, I didn't pick up a new one yet but I did have to replace the battery on my Seiko. Second battery replacement in 12 years ain't bad.

I finally found a used matching center channel at a decent price for the Stratus Silver mains in the HT system.

A PSB Stratus C6

C94DA560-8860-4FE2-9A9A-AF6099152157-2146-000005C18E3A1269_zps52403841.jpg

I have the Voigtlander version of that which is a pancake lens, it's pretty fun using 20mm for street. :lol:

^ Oh, I'd love to have the Voigtlander as well - in fact, almost all the SL II collection: the 20, 28 and 40 for their sizes and the 58 1.4 for its bokeh.

The problem, obviously, is the price: I got this one for one third of price of the Voigtlander. But I am very happy about it, I must say.

I took the relatively new purchase (on the left)
8677672015_a92bc65738_z.jpg

and drove it to buy some of this
1003981_eb_logo_large.jpg

If any of you have been in the Cars In General section, you will know that I'm whoring my car out as much as possible because I'm so happy to finally have it.

Thanks. 👍

For now, maybe just one or two. But in the future, you bet! I'm carrying these little MF lenses with me more and more nowdays. They're addictive!

Bought three 3" by 9" brass windshield ice scrapers for my brother, father, and mother birthdays. In total cost me $10.42 with shipping. Cheap but it will have to do for the low amount of cash I have in my bank account. I've used this product during the winter time and is an awesome product to rip ice off with. There has been times where this product on it's own has taken 50% less time compared to my old plastic scraper.

My father bought replacement cordless phones due to the cheap ones that he got in used condition are going bad. Seems like my father made a pretty good choice as the phones look very easy to read.

Panasonic KX-TG4744B 1.9 GHz Digital DECT 6.0 4X Cordless Phones - $93.99 w/free shipping:
kx-tg4744b-lg.jpg

Actually got it a while ago after my Lumia up and died entirely. Or...well, it started to refuse to start on occasion and would sometimes have some screen errors toward the bottom. It was entirely my fault after some drops, but since I have to replace it on my own dime I figured I'd go back to Android.
lg-optimus-g-600px.jpg

Ended up getting it with a semi-work around where I added a new basic line, got the new phone, a small "dumbphone", for $50 with an extra $25 a month on my bill.

Which...I was planning on buying a dumb phone to keep in my car for emergencies, so that all worked out well.

Absolutely love this thing. One of the best displays I've seen on a phone, the camera is excellent, but suffers from the usual phone camera problems like heavy artificial lighting. And I missed most everything about Android OS, even if I did really like the look and feel of WP8.

And the design is gorgeous.

My father bought replacement cordless phones due to the cheap ones that he got in used condition are going bad. Seems like my father made a pretty good choice as the phones look very easy to read.

Panasonic KX-TG4744B 1.9 GHz Digital DECT 6.0 4X Cordless Phones - $93.99 w/free shipping:
kx-tg4744b-lg.jpg

My grandfather has 3 sets of those (he has a phone in every room in his house) and he loves them.

My grandfather has 3 sets of those (he has a phone in every room in his house) and he loves them.

Good to hear. My dad was originally concerned that they used AAA batteries but he realized later on that they are rechargeable batteries that are charged at the stands.

^ Oh, I'd love to have the Voigtlander as well - in fact, almost all the SL II collection: the 20, 28 and 40 for their sizes and the 58 1.4 for its bokeh.

The problem, obviously, is the price: I got this one for one third of price of the Voigtlander. But I am very happy about it, I must say.

Yeah, Voigtlander stuff is quite expensive (although they're considered budget in Leica land :crazy:), not Zeiss expensive though. They do make some rather unique lenses, the 20mm lives on my F3. I don't think it's any better than the Nikon version optically though, I just like how small it is!

You're so lucky. I can't due street photography without getting my *** handed to me in the United States.

I always got the impression that street would be easier in the US, I've always wanted to spend a week or two in New York just taking photos of life there. Or maybe doing a road trip and making an extended project out of it like what Robert Frank did with The Americans.

Do you get people confronting you about it?

Yes, the sad thing is that it isn't illegal. I ask people politely and they still look at me oddly. I had one situation where there were a couple girls and I was doing a photography project. I asked if I could use a picture of them for my class and they all got really shy. I guess it's the fact that photography is usually linked with paparazzi or stalkers..

It's sad to see that but it's kind of true.

I have an 88 Pontiac Fiero Formula and needs a bit of repair. This is what I bought so far for it:

Rear trailing arm bushing kit:
936741_621984851162474_978879155_n.jpg

Shifter boot, swaybar end links, and on the side some batteries for my camera:
526561_615824505111842_820856752_n.jpg

Some 3M Bubinga woodgrain vinyl to wrap these interior pieces:
521873_613986681962291_1762990571_n.jpg

Sandblasted a replacement engine cradle to replace the awfully rusted one that is on the car right now:
431813_619398841421075_564977667_n.jpg

I also bought 40% window tint and some bed liner to coat the engine cradle.

Back