Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,678 comments
4 football scarfs (don't have an image yet) from Mexico, USA, Cote D'Ivoire, and Palestine - found them on Ebay. Just basically the flag and the name of country.

Grabbed myself a new cap, couldn't pass it up, reminded me of my youth. That and it was on sale down from $29.95 to $9:D

Rockport Evander's:

shoes_iaec1173313.jpg

Thanks Amazon - "only" $80 cheaper then getting it in Sydney :D.

These are THE BEST THINGS EVER.

812yHL3FmgL._SL1500_.jpg
81ULnmiCXkL._SL1500_.jpg

Anyone know if their other pants are as good?

Yes. I own 4 black twill dress pants from them and they are really durable from it's combination of polyester and cotton materials. Plus it comes with a permanent crease and is anti-wrinkle saving me the pain of ironing those pants. At $25 a pant it's a really good deal.

Yeah, we just got our scrubs today. They only issue tops though. Will need some everyday work/dress pants for the hospital. Can't exactly wear my good wool pants every day. Not until I get a paycheck anyway.

swag1x.jpg

Got the Camera for $15, and it works great, dat lens on it is just absolutely amazing, I need to find film for this thing.
(Apparently that's a pretty decent camera. Seeing some go for atleast $30, and the lens for $30 as well.)
Also scored the GT40 for $10.

Yeah, we just got our scrubs today. They only issue tops though. Will need some everyday work/dress pants for the hospital. Can't exactly wear my good wool pants every day. Not until I get a paycheck anyway.

How good are wool pants? I have a pair of dress pants that is a mix of wool and polyester but frankly useless since they are too tight for my waist. Too bad since they match my sports coat.

I bought a sandwich. No photos. But it had bacon and chicken and sausage in it.

It was... Delightful.

Got the Camera for $15, and it works great, dat lens on it is just absolutely amazing, I need to find film for this thing.
(Apparently that's a pretty decent camera. Seeing some go for atleast $30, and the lens for $30 as well.)

Goodluck finding someone to process it locally. You're in NY so you may have a chance. :nervous:

In a previously-unprecedented shopping spree, I purchased:

-A metal pole

-A PVC T junction

-Some PVS pipe that screws into the T junction

(For a homemade bike polo mallet)

- A day old scone

(To sustain me on my epic journey)

- Quality Is Job 1 EP

- 1500 page book about the Third Reich because it was 70¢

- An Avon "Teddy Award" trophy (as a gag trophy)

All for under $10.

BTW:
Zakyta, that's a nice noggin sock.

Rapha Merino hoody to keep me warm on and off the bike over winter.
As with all Rapha products it wasn't cheap. :scared:
Not something I would buy often at the price, it was more of an award to myself.

2429174.jpg

Cheers Shaun.

Rapha is more than worth it, more of an investment than a purchase! After all, you buy cheap, you buy twice ;)

So, I've wanted a Norwegian army combat jacket for quite some time after hearing about how well they do their job. They used to be supplied by Helly Hansen and were very hard to get hold of, with the only way to get one being to buy an issued one from a Norwegian soldier.

More recently the supplier changed, but I couldn't find out who it had changed to... until tonight! Plus, not only does the new supplier sell to the general public, but all of their gear is very cheap for the level of quality that you're getting.

6577406_fullsize.jpg

Result.

Rapha is more than worth it, more of an investment than a purchase! After all, you buy cheap, you buy twice ;)

Yeah, I'm all for quality over quantity. I have a couple of their T-Shirts and the quality is very good.
Tools are a perfect example for me. I see guys buy a 30 piece screwdriver set for $20 when I will pay that for one. Granted I use and abuse them on a daily basis. Heck I've got many hand tools that I've had for 20 years that are still to this day in perfect condition.

Your jacket looks like it will do the job BTW. 👍

Cheers Shaun.

@ Mike.
Nah as far as my search went it looks like it can't be bought in Aus. My findings where that it's only available from Rapha directly or Evans Cycles in the Uk.
I used my Rapha T-Shirts and what info online I could find. They are a very slim fit and I bought a large instead of medium from Evans. Pretty sure it will be ok.

Worse case I'll get my money back or more on fleabay if it's too big. The T-Shirts I got are going for $30 more here on fleabay than what I payed delivered from the Uk. :crazy:

Cheers Shaun.

How good are wool pants? I have a pair of dress pants that is a mix of wool and polyester but frankly useless since they are too tight for my waist. Too bad since they match my sports coat.

Mine are awesome. They're my favorite slacks. I got 4 pairs (black, tan grey, green grey, brown) from this men's boutique store that was going out of business, and they tailored all of them to me. I think they're Super 120 spun wool, fwiw. They feel like buttah and are totally finished on the inside. Had them for like 5 years and I've never had to clean them yet.

Polyester? Good for scrubs; totally blows for dress clothes. Especially pants, man. Once you get a good wool pant you're gonna be like damn son I am the bifurcated boss in these mother****ers.

Love woolen clothing, especially anything from Harris Tweed.

Have some jackets in 100% Virgin Scottish Wool that sit really well and are extremely comfortable.

I'm taking college courses for photography, and since the Coast Guard is going to be footing the bill for my college courses I had a little wiggle room on the college fund my parents set up. So I bought this today:
CAM00087.jpg

Nikon D5200. On sale at Best Buy for $800, with this included free:
1227579_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Absolutely incredible camera. The whole thing is just fantastic.

Last edited:
AG6500C3.JPG

Abu Garcia 6500c3

Dyneema Spectra 100lb braid fishing line off eBay in hi vis orange 1,000 yard spool

65lb Power Pro braid fishing line in moss green 500 yard spool

Invicta size 8/0 sickle hooks, invicta size 6/0 kahle hooks and big river size 10/0 hooks.

Ready to catch some big catfish ;)

The 100 lb braid goes on my penn 320gt2 saltwater reel for fishing log jams with live bait.

The 65 lb power pro goes on my 2 6500c3's for fishing cut bait on the flats.

Now we play the waiting game until it all gets here :/ that's the worst part about ordering online.

Nothing but pre-orders on my side - my younger brother asked me to pre-order him GT6. I also preorder both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y for the 3DS. I also pre order lots of Pokemon cards - 2 theme decks and 5 booster packs for Plasma Blast (released until August) and booster box of Pokemon X&Y (released in October).

Last edited:
Back