Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,679 comments
The good thing is I've had mine for some time now and it hasn't slowed down. Starts up like it was new. Good purchase AT.

Cool. 👍 It's replaced my 5 year old MBP 15" and the difference is stunning, even with the same OS.

Oh, I bought a new MacBook Pro 15" Retina with a 2.8GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM and a 512 SSD last week. Must admit, the SSD is mightily impressive as I've not had any experience of one before. Starts up in less than 8 seconds.

I'd post a pic but when you've seen one MBP you've pretty much seen them all.

Just a bit thinner now. ;)

Nice purchase, but I'm waiting for and expecting the updated rMBP with next gen chips to arrive at WWDC on June 10th...

I went cheap, I needed some headphones for the handful of flights I'm taking soon.

Audio-Technica ATH-T200

61veaNsN8YL._SL1500_.jpg

These are some of the best headphones you can buy for the price, and this is coming from a retired audiophile.

I need to purchase some Audio Technica ATH M50's soon.

Finally, after years of on and off searching, I found exactly what I was looking for:

attachment.php

Norwegian army Goretex combat jacket, made by Helly Hansen!
But that's not all...

attachment.php

Norwegian army Goretex combat trousers, also made by Helly Hansen, and including the often-missing braces...

garm%20snkamuflasje%20bukse_white_500X-1.jpg

Snow_anorak_4df8847e52063.jpg

Norwegian army snow camouflage.

Also included was, as the seller put it, "things from theses pockets", which turned out to be a bunch of hard-to-find goodies:

Norwegian army peaked cap (waterproof with neck shade)
Norwegian army shooting mitts
Norwegian army buff
a fluorescent orange sash (search and rescue aid)

So for just over £300 (a price I was expecting to pay for the HH jacket alone) including postage and packaging from mainland Europe I got roughly £750-£850 of kit.

Bring on the winter season!

Last edited:
Picked up GRID 2 Accelerate Edition yesterday, definitely took some getting used to for getting back into Codemasters' handling model after so many hours on Forza 4. Overall though it's a thoroughly entertaining play and very nicely polished. Very pretty looking game and decent sounds too.

Also got this for my GF's birthday:

1073%20teal.JPG

Designer handbags on a primarily car-and-gaming forum. We're in uncharted waters here!

Last edited:
Got both for $230? I hope you meant $2.30!!!!:scared:

Lol, I was about to put it in USD like I always do, but thought I'd let you guys do the math this time round. :sly:

It would be $74 U.S., not that insane.

Yep. It's cheap considering a game that has been out for about a year or more still retails at RM160 (50-ish USD) in stores.

There exists no second hand games market over here. :crazy:

Last edited:
New phone.
needed one that can take some abuse.

The sony xperia go smmes to be up to the job

xperia-go-yellow-sny-go.jpg

And Yellow is easy to find :D

New Speakers:

ultima30.jpg

Very nice, I've never heard of Teufel speakers over here. I've always been afraid of piano black finish, they look great though.

Had to buy a new atv battery, a Yousa YTX20HL-BS My original Yousa is pretty weak after 7 winters and bring frozen dead and rock solid twice, it still starts it but barely, I can't trust it anymore.

9DE064F0-43FF-48C3-BF0B-4DDD111B538F-2157-00000512702FC1C4_zpsbf7120fa.jpg

Last edited:
The sound in my car wasn't really what I liked it to be, wanted to improve it a bit but got a little carried away.

Front.
12002_0.jpg

Back
683.jpg

Trunk
Gladen_Audio_XL150c4_1_1...png

gladenaudio_SQX12-VB.jpg

Some touring essentials.
T1w2XAXBRcXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_310x310.jpg

T1HDMPXlVXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_310x310.jpg

T2NXhhXilaXXXXXXXX_!!411086642.jpg

And a birthday pressie from my wife. Of course I paid for it and ordered it because if it was left to her I'd get it for Xmas.

T1t1wlXnNaXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_310x310.jpg

Got a new backyard installed this week as we're getting ready to try and sell our house *fingers crossed*!

467737_664690856880834_228041512_o.jpg

Jerome

Today:
At Payless:
• A pair of shoes, my grandma actually bought for me, so now I have 3 pair of shoes 1 grey, 1 mostly white, and now 1 black

At Rite Aid:
• An Oshawott tin
• some thumbtacks

At QFC
• Sushi as a snack

from my Facebook album:
600612_505556276166919_1530344219_n.jpg

Last edited:
Got a new backyard installed this week as we're getting ready to try and sell our house *fingers crossed*!
Good luck, dude! If the market there is anything like it is here, it won't be on he market long. Mine was only listed for 34 hours! :scared:

Back