Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,617 comments
This arrived in the mail today:

protac-1l.jpg

Just bought a 250 GB PS3 (the Uncharted 3 bundle) to replace my 80 GB one that passed on Sunday night. Hate that I had to do it, but there is no way I would try to rebuild the old one just to see it fail again. Might as well get a new one, and get ready for GT6. :D

bgstar-gr.jpg

25€, same strips as the iPhone meter and that's why I bought it. I guess it's time to say goodbye to my older OneTouch meters. :(

How is the Wii U?

Didn't realise it was an actual new console type thing

Well it's been out for about a year so far. It hasn't done very well though. My company bought one to use as a Karaoke machine (The Wii U has a subscription app for one of the leading Karaoke companies in Japan) for our office parties. Being an Otaku, I was sent to Akihabara to pick up a Wii U and peripherals. Unfortunately, I didn't have any time to fire up a game. There was a ton of tedious setup (Create Mii, setup Nintendo store account etc) to do and by the time I was finished, I had to vacate the room as it was booked for a class.

I was impressed with the gamepad and the console itself seems quite nice but I haven't spent enough time with it yet.

Mustard order just arrived in time for the holidays.

Ff1HDS8.jpg

Bertman Original Ballpark Mustard - 3 Pack $12.00
Boetje's Stone Ground Mustard $3.50
Inglehoffer Organic Stone Ground Mustard $5.50
Koops Stone Ground Mustard $3.75
Kosciusko Spicy Brown Mustard (9 Oz) $3.75
Plochman's Premium Classic Yellow (10.5 Oz) $1.75
Pommery Moutarde de Meaux 100 g $9.00
Raye's Top Dog Mustard $5.75
Silver Spring Habanero Mustard $3.25

Ff1HDS8.jpg

So, like, do you just do lines of mustard or what?

Ff1HDS8.jpg

I love mustard. Mainly on sausages. When I was stationed in West Germany I bought this mustard called "Feuer Senf". It came in a metal tube like toothpaste. (I just googled it and it still comes like that!)

Eating just a bit too much of that in a bite of bratwurst was like getting punched in the face. It was awesome, but you had to get the dosage per bite just right.

My favorite everyday mustard right now is Kroger's Spicy Brown. I've tried lots of the expensive mustards in the grocery stores. I don't like the seedy ones at all. I don't normally shop at Kroger, but I will go there when I am out of mustard.

A couple of small things for my bike.
Upgraded jockey wheels for my rear derailleur.
These are supposed to be very smooth and quiet. We'll see how they go.

22083_183041.jpg

Another chain so when I take the one off my bike to clean I have one ready to put on straight away allowing the one to be cleaned to have a good soak in degreaser.

CH283C00.jpg

Two new joining links for the chains instead of using Shimano's crazy pins to join them that need to be pressed out.

$(KGrHqJ,!ogFBvJtGIbJBQuCI4r49g~~60_35.JPG

I have this stuff already...
This is the one I keep in constant supply. Goes great on pretzels.
00070080081107_full.jpg

I've tried making my own, but still love the store bought stuff better. Too much of a Bertman Ballpark and Pommery mustard fan to eat my own.
The bigger thing for me is the ease of variety. I can make a large amount of a single mustard, but once you have your recipe going the only change you can make is heat. If you want five different mustards you have to start from scratch five times.

The only exception to that rule is my wife's chili dog mustard. It's just yellow mustard with chili powder mixed in. I also found it tastes delicious on unsalted tortilla chips.

And I double-checked my fridge: six types of mustard, was seven, but we are out of Herlocher's dipping mustard.

Just went and dropped a few Benjamins on a 500 GB SSD for my PS3.

Yeah, I know... overkill. But I was in need of a larger drive since my PS3's 120 GB drive is full. And SSD prices aren't quite as insane as they used to be, so I figured why not. Even though it sounds like they've sped up the menus for GT6, I think the game will still get a speed boost while loading for a race. So that should be nice. Plus from what I hear, GTA V benefits greatly from an SSD... reduced loading time when starting the game up, speedier switching between the characters, improved framerates even. So these two games alone make dropping a little extra on an SSD worth it to me.

Also I bought two Wii Remote Pluses, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Okami, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Pandora's Tower and Fragile Dreams for my Wii U.

Lastly, I bought some assorted gear for filmmaking... a Rode NTG2 Condenser Shotgun Microphone, a 10x20 foot greenscreen, and a 60" tripod for my NEX-7.

Ff1HDS8.jpg

If your buying that much mustard, you should learn how to make it yourself. My dad makes homemade mustard, and ketchup, never tasted anything better.

34855b464f0c11e38eed12bea78992fb_8.jpg

Nikkormat EL for $50 (that's probably broken >_>)
Argus Aurtronic 35 for $35 (this thing weighs 5lbs and is just a brick I swear.)
Martini Ashtray which'll be used for SD car holding
Some filters
And a program from Watkins Glen's 1977 F1 race.

and I got an ammo box for $10, cleaned it up some and threw all my film in it and some stickers on it.
tumblr_mwdwwsKCW31qk1i43o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwdwwsKCW31qk1i43o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwdwwsKCW31qk1i43o1_1280.jpg

If anyone can tell me what it was exactly used for, that'd be great.

It's for these

ammo_762mm_m60_belts_375.jpg

Edit...

Well "winters coming" so I needed to get a new jacket for me and my partner.

I got my partner a "Paramo Pajaro"

image.jpg

And got myself a "Rab Latok Alpine"

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back