Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,618 comments
64 GB of RAM :eek:

I thought my brother had a crazy setup of 16GB of Ram and a 2GB video card and he uses Blender for airplane modeling. I'd dream for a computer build like yours.

Indeed, 64 GB.... which is approximately 1820x more RAM than my first computer had, a Macintosh Quadra 605 with a whopping (and slightly awkward) 36 MB of RAM. :lol:

Indeed, 64 GB.... which is approximately 1820x more RAM than my first computer had, a Macintosh Quadra 605 with a whopping (and slightly awkward) 36 MB of RAM. :lol:

Not to go off topic, but my first PC was a 486DX4/100 with a mammoth 8Mb RAM, which I later upgraded to 12Mb...

My first watch in a long time.

tw1217-1.jpg

@Clark

That poster
is done by Hive. They do a ton of different car posters that all look really neat, and they get updated, as mine is now out of date, and they have it up to including the new M3.

I also bought the Ferrari one that I'll frame and hang up eventually.

You should get one, or tell your girlfriend about it so you can get it as a birthday present.

It's not in the slightest, no. But so long as I don't run into the error with nVidia Optimus not loading the game with the discrete GPU, I should be good to brute force the thing into working well enough.

And to be honest, when I bought this laptop, the two games I wanted it to play are this and Daytona USA 2; so I kinda had to buy it when it went on sale. I just wished my brother had a PS3 so I could give him all of these games I keep replacing.

Got a good deal through PS+, which I had been waiting for, not wanting to pay $14.99.

maxresdefault.jpg

And if you don't know why this is awesome, I feel for you. You must have been born post 1990s.

I've once again purchased way too many games during the Steam sale. Waiting for the inevitable encore sales at the end to buy anything else. Pretty sure DuckTales will be one of the games.

Got a Tassimo Charmy, I know the coffee nuts will scorn and roll their eyes. I understand that a properly prepared cup of coffee or tea can't be bettered, but for the simplicity and time saving it is worth it. It was also on sale so a veritable bargain.

_0001s_0002_T55_black_frontview.png

And this beast has 2.5GB of RAM. POWAH! :lol:

mp.jpg

Justin-Bieber-My-World-2.jpg

with intent to enjoy and use as a white elephant gift (respectively!)
then I was given the best of Nelly Furtado for free, eventually leading to an exchange for the obviously better
the_prodigy-firestarter.jpg

on 12" for the equivalent of $2!

I know the coffee nuts will scorn and roll their eyes.

Heathen. :P

Oops.
Very nice indeed. 👍

And for me.
Well I'm building a flat bar road bike to run errands on and go for rides with the kids as my full road bike isn't very suitable for that. One of the last components needed are some wheels. Only makes sense to buy better wheels for the road bike and use the wheels currently on my bike for the new project. :sly:

So these.
Fulcrum Racing Quattro's.
With all the sales on at the moment picked them up for 50% of "retail" price.

fulcrum-quattro-pair-630.jpg

I'm actually showing off the 100 watt, all tube Fender Head (amp) and the 8 ohmmmm 4x10" speaker cab. :)

Just got the cab last night. So far I am really impressed with the tone.

Back