Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,620 comments
You'll love it! I love mine! I upgraded a few months ago and quickly added a 4TB external HDD to it! So many movies, up to 5 different recordings at one time, more than the standard 50 event recording possibilities, and much faster guide speeds and search speeds.

Whoa. I did not know this supported external storage. 👍

Bought a self-portrait of sorts...

iCytaeO.jpg

Went to Family video and bought GT6 for $29.99!! :D Gamestop wanted $60.00!! :dunce:

IMG_20140306_182531.jpg

Also bought the power strip for a future project of redoing my entire entertainment center including hooking my gaming pc to my TV.

Last edited:
I just dropped $2500 on a head gasket job :(... getting "Scooby" back on Monday.

Also a pair of black and Orange Pro compression Marathon socks
PRC01230_147452.jpg

Upgraded to my HD STB to a Genie HD DVR. :D

directv-genie.png

How is the input lag on that STB? How responsive are the touch buttons? The lag on the 4 HD23-700s in my house is plain horrid. I can't believe they release STBs with a intolerable amount of lag. I might upgrade the equipment in my house too, or just wait for a STB with HDMI 2.0 support.

How is the input lag on that STB? How responsive are the touch buttons? The lag on the 4 HD23-700s in my house is plain horrid. I can't believe they release STBs with a intolerable amount of lag. I might upgrade the equipment in my house too, or just wait for a STB with HDMI 2.0 support.

They're more responsive than my old HR23-600, but I'll hardly ever be feeling around for the sensor as I'll be using my Harmony, but it's definitely better.

Recent purchases:

istYdEG.jpg

Ee0cs7l.jpg

mkMQ7ZM.jpg

Artifice second edition bundle - blue/emerald/purple

7eQ0Egl.jpg

Ltd. Blue

8o0yyJt.jpg

Madison dealer - Erdnase green

gcAWGEZ.jpg

Pressers

PRim7AU.jpg

Executive deck

xOJbhil.jpg

Rounders by Madison - black

H4lYt8F.jpg

Infinity (free)

Combination of a subtle deck collection interest and for ye olde card trick.

Nfl shop has an extra 40% off sale items, so including shipping (£17) it came to £52. Very cheap for the limited jersey, and i needed a jersey to wear to the international series games. Revis will always be considered a Jet, so I'm fine having this. Hopefully Nike will have a Wilkerson and/or Richardson limited jersey soon :)
4A5C00FD-6CD0-43D0-8B5F-F14E1CF35B2B.jpg

292188F9-D86E-48EE-BB6C-B54D289751BF.jpg

Bought this for hooking my computers to my 40" Sony Bravia HDTV. Quality looks really good. Not outstanding but really good. Visual quality is a little reduced going from VGI to HDMI.

IMG_20140308_113118.jpg

Some NFC tags for my phone, between them and Tasker I should be able to automate my phone to do everything I want.

7268NFC-tag-induction-circuit.jpg

And from the watch thread. Tissot PRS 330.

800.jpg

I have just ordered a box of six different fudge slices from Fudge Kitchen:

Blueberry Muffin || Caramel Swirl
thumbs.php
thumbs.php

Lemon Meringue Pie || Chocolate Caramel
thumbs.php
thumbs.php

Belgian Chocolate Swirl || Mississippi Mud Pie
thumbs.php
thumbs.php

Total Price: £26.90

Well, I just made my biggest purchase yet. A 2012 Volkswagen Polo 66TDI, auto (7 speed DSG). Second-hand, pretty much like brand new. The previous owner kept it in absolutely mint condition (he's also got a 25 year old Land Rover which looks brand new). She's beautiful and I love her and I want to sleep on the backseat every night from now on.

1505448_10202645546373851_810153220_n.jpg

Now that my pc is hooked to my 40 HDTV I am able to sit on the couch and play without ANY wires!! Plus the mouse has enough buttons so I really don't need the keyboard at all. :D Nice to be getting back into pc gaming again. Been many years.

Wireless Keyboard and wireless mouse. Mouse has 11 programmable buttons.
g602-gaming-mouse.png

IMG_20140310_183032.jpg

Back