Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,620 comments
Comin out of inactivity for the past year or so! Here's my latest purchase :) Or rather pre-order... (The rest of the knife gets charged onto my account once the knife is released.)

My beloved Benchmade 477 3.5 Emissary. :embarrassed:

477.jpg

Nextlevelism.jpg

NEXTLEVELISM Deluxe Edition - DJ Fresh

Bought this from iTunes for a tenner, and there are some amazing tracks on this album. Not to everyone's tastes though, especially for those people older than me ;).

Got a pair of these (literally):

Very impressive. Best bang for the buck, I think. Only costs a tenner. Extraordinarily comfortable. Bass is extremely tight, great mids, nice shimmery highs. Has the same "color" to its sound as my HD650s. Ultra-low freq bass doesn't hit as hard because it's a smaller driver, but it is capable of the same grumble. Highs have a tendency to clip though. Only notice it on a couple of my songs, but it's obvious with lower bitrate, higher-compression files. If the highs are compressed in your file, they stick out like a sore thumb with these things.

Firetrap Monroe Lows. Again, mostly for comfort.
XZMSFK9l.jpg

Quite like the darker shade of brown on this new pair.

Last edited:
NEXTLEVELISM Deluxe Edition - DJ Fresh

Bought this from iTunes for a tenner, and there are some amazing tracks on this album. Not to everyone's tastes though, especially for those people older than me ;).
I found this to be his worst album yet, still though. It's not like he could reach the heights of 'Escape from planet monday' ever again.

sonic__allstars_racing_transformed_5_raw.jpg

I found this to be his worst album yet, still though. It's not like he could reach the heights of 'Escape from planet monday' ever again.
I can't say I've listened to his other albums
icon_redface.gif
. I got this album as I was browsing iTunes just to see if there was anything decent out, when I saw this one. It reminded me of his singles 'Louder', 'The Power' and 'Hot Right Now', of which I loved hearing about two years ago in the clubs on holiday in Cyprus.
I then listened to the samples of the songs, the huge majority of which I liked (the live versions on this edition are very good as well ;)) which then persuaded me to purchase the album.

If his older album(s) are better than this one, then I'm definitely going to have to look into getting them 👍.

Got my first ever smart phone...
Nokia Lumia 521 at Best Buy for $70.
nokia-lumia-521-7-640x424.png

An upgrade from this.
samsung-gravity-sgh-t459.jpg

Where I somehow manged to get pass the lock and start dialing numbers, accessing the internet, and even save gibberish contacts out of symbols all in my pocket. :lol:

Bought a docking station for my phone earlier today, as it means I can listen to my music while hotlapping on GT6 or banging in goals on FIFA 14.

l_12231255_003.jpg

It's a Sandstrom SPDBT1612 (obviously:sly:), which I bought from Curry's for £48. I didn't wan't an expensive one as I can't justify spending more than £100 on a dock. One station from Beats by dre cost £319! :crazy:

Someone like me will rarely listen to music on a dock at too high a volume as I live in a house with other adults and kids, so I don't wan't to annoy them, therefore I can't review the product at loud volume yet. I listened to my music on the dock in-store, and this was my favourite in terms of audio quality within my price range.
When it comes to audio quality, my main concern is bass quality. This is mainly because I listen to a lot of bass heavy music such as drum and bass, dubstep, grime, hip-hop etc. The bass is very heavy on this dock, especially for one of this little size without becoming overpowering. When it comes to vocals, as long as I can recognise who is singing I'm not too bothered, and the high pitched sounds seemed fine to my ears 👍

I'm very happy with it to put it shortly! I just can't wait to get the house to myself and listen to my music at a high volume!

How is it? I think this was recently on PS+ for the Vita but I never got it. Did I make the wrong choice? :scared:
Well, this is my second time buying it, I had it on PS3 too! It's a fantastic game, very challenging. Not sure if the Vita version is up to scratch...

How is it? I think this was recently on PS+ for the Vita but I never got it. Did I make the wrong choice? :scared:
I picked it up on the Steam sale last summer for the kids. I've been pleasantly surprised the couple of times I've played it. 👍

Haven't posted here in a long time but my latest purchase was the E-3lue E-sport Cobra II Mazer wireless mouse for £16.80. Arrived yesterday and haven't got much use out of it so far due to the PC I bought it for messing up but so far I like it. It feels nice and big in your hand and also has a nice weight to it. Best example I can find in my head would be a comparison between a Galaxy mini and a iPhone, the iPhone feels heavier ans sturdier compared to the Galaxy mini. That's how this mouse feels compared to the one I had previous.

60-105540-93x_Strike_King_Blue_Red_Pearl_300x300_290_290_c1_c_t_0_0_.png

My very first bowling ball! The Strike King in Red/Blue Pearl. I got mine with custom drilled and fitted electric blue fingertip inserts and factory white thumb insert.

md_T-AOV9OTuL5isDJDDDpQ.jpg

A BSI Solar II Tote Bag.

6699.large.jpg

A pair of Brunswick shoes.

microfiber-grip-sack-9551.jpg

And a microfiber Brunswick Grip-Sack. (Used to pull moisture from your hand and coats it in a very fine powder to aid in smooth releases)

:)

Upsides: Ya can't break a Nokia ;)

This is true, I dropped my Nokia 520 on the way to school in a 5cm deep mud puddle, the battery and cover came off and the thing flooded with water. I was running late so I just put it all together (wet and all) and carried on. It worked fine through out the day and around 4 hours later I took it apart to let the water that was still inside dry.

Only $14.88 per flat and free delivery with Amazon Prime. That is $1.24 a can.

If your lucky if you can find it in the store for about $2.00 a can.

chicken.jpg

If it is money you want to save, try fresh.

It will also taste better, and be healthier. Besides, you can't fry or barbecue canned chicken.

That said, there are some dishes where I find myself shredding or chopping cooked chicken, wishing I could just open a can.

@FoolKiller it is more for the convenience. I will post in the what I use it for in the what are you eating thread. I doubt you will like that very much either.

Back