Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,620 comments
Preordered the new occulus rift dev kit 2 today. It's gonna be a long wait until it comes out in July.

Beer steins came in the mail today. Mine is on the left, my brothers on the right. I made sure mine was bigger so I can have more beer ;)
1795625_10201752916928102_1797499030_n_zps7f636421.jpg

I cant show my purchase, well I could but it's not safe back in the shop and technically I haven't paid yet, so... anyway.

New Control Arms!

93-80152-map.jpg

Beer steins came in the mail today. Mine is on the left, my brothers on the right. I made sure mine was bigger so I can have more beer ;)
1795625_10201752916928102_1797499030_n_zps7f636421.jpg
Damn, those look really nice. The amount of work put into making stuff like that is pretty awesome.

A 20-sided critical hit light-up die, or as I will use it, a Magic life counter.

image.jpg

And a USB Rechargeable Micro Flashlight for the car. My DC multiplug has a USB port that only puts out .5 amps, so it won't charge my phone. This is a perfect place for me to charge this flashlight, so I have one at hand.

image.jpg

I feel like a 20 sided die could come in handy for the spur of the moment Magic games I get going too.

I feel like a 20 sided die could come in handy for the spur of the moment Magic games I get going too.
Do you not use them for life counters? I got my current one in a Fat Pack. It's far more useful than the glass stones I got when I bought my very first Starter Kit nearly 20 years ago. I keep the stones to use as 1/1 counters, although I'm looking to buy some small six-sided dice for that. One of the regulars bought a box of 25, so we usually just use those.

If you want one that lights up when it lands on 20, it's from Think Geek.

Always used the Fat Pack 20's as my counters as well. No idea where those starter kit stones from back in the day got off to :lol:

Couple days ago - 2TB hard drive, as my other external drive (500 gb) is full, and my laptop's drive (60gb) is getting full as well. Going to need more space for old family photos and videos (from different cameras, and scan other family photos).

Other stuff I bought along the month not counting groceries or gas for the vehicles: various Pokemon boxes and tins (to be exact: Xerneas Elite Trainer Box, Yveltal Elite Trainer Box, 2 Xerneas tins, 2 Yveltal tins, another Fennekin deck, and about 18 Legendary Treasure packs), sheet protectors, color ink for the printer, and lots of candles.

5ZbpvbZ.jpg

My new lid.

My bike decided to take a nap when I was riding last night and in the process my helmet got damaged so it needed to be replaced. This is essentially an updated model of my older one.
I expect my next big purchase to be replacement fairings or the hiring of someone that can weld plastic.

Less than 24 hours after Adam Carolla announced Mangria was in Kentucky I had a bottle of white and red. The guy at the liquor store said they were really popular and he tried it and was amazed at how good it was. Later I found out that another store had sold out.

We also did wine tasting at two local vineyards, Chrisman Mill Vineyards and Talon Wine Vineyards. While there we picked up Chrisman Mill Kentucky Riverbend Red, Talon Winery Berry deVine, andTalon Winery Coyote Red. We also got two stemless wine glasses at Chrisman Mill with our wine tasting.

So, it was a big wine day, hanging out,looking over vineyards while sipping wine.

image.jpg

qC0jBAr.jpg

Played this game for a while before finally getting myself a copy, though a digital one. Excellent game, puts to shame its successor in pretty much every way.

Just ordered yesterday, so I may get late next week or early the week after -

3 football jerseys (two of Leon FC, one for me and one for my uncle), and one of JFA (Japanese football team) - really like how the DDR [East Germany] shirt looks like and one to get one., they are very expensive.

5ZbpvbZ.jpg

My new lid.

My bike decided to take a nap when I was riding last night and in the process my helmet got damaged so it needed to be replaced. This is essentially an updated model of my older one.
I expect my next big purchase to be replacement fairings or the hiring of someone that can weld plastic.

Did it seize?

Did it seize?
User error. I was powering out of a roundabout still leaning a bit when the road was oily and wet. If the road was dry I would have made it easily, I simply misjudged how slippery it was. Classic rookie mistake.
At least I made it more than 2 years before coming off the bike.

Ah nice, good sounding little speakers the 685's. What's the S2 varient?
They have different tweeters to my 685's.

To be honest Shaun I haven't got a clue :D I've wanted a pair of 685's for a long time.

The store I was at didn't have any pairs of 685 in stock but just got some S2.

Having just set things up a spun a few disks from CD to Bluray they are a very nice speaker.

Just checked for reviews.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/bw-685-s2-0

Last edited:
I just joined Dollar Shave Club. I got the 4 blade set. That's four cartridges of a 4-blade razor. I set it up for every two months, because I rarely shave more than once a week, and can't remember the last time it was more frequent than that. So, $6 every two months for what was a costing me $15 for the store brand, which is a large part of why I rarely shave.

I'll get pics and do a review when it comes in.
image.jpg

Back