Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,621 comments
2436877-26.jpg

DCS is currently having a 70% sale on everything, and when the F-15 gets upgraded to DCS spec it's going to be freaking awesome.

10001419_10152360789628092_825069330_n.jpg

Aluminum, silicone, vacuum hose bungs, and hose clamps. Any air intake can't be shelf-bought for the Impreza 2.5RS because there's a specific "resonance" in the intake, which is rectified by the fender. However, the piping between the stock airbox, (which draws air in from the fender to reduce resonance) and the manifold is both highly turbulent and hot.

My solution was simple: make straighter piping downstream of the stock airbox and MAF sensor, which conveniently also avoids the intake manifold until it goes into the intake manifold.

I've included my version (which needs to be trimmed, vacuum bung'd and clamped) and the OEM version in the photo so you can see it.

So... I'm thinking "job well done" already. I'm finishing it up this weekend.
1488679_10152364827103092_88159314_n.jpg

So, I decided to post a follow-up to what I had mentioned earlier. This lovely looking intake is called a "hybrid" intake, because it utilizes bits of the OEM filter (mainly the Helmholtz resonator and OEM airbox) with custom piping beyond the OEM airbox.

Read more here:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471819

So, I'm attempting to further improve the design with less sharp angles and more easy-flowing "lazy" turns, to thus improve air speed at higher RPMs. And it just looks amazing..

I'll have it fully installed by Sunday. :D

So, it works. Really, really well...

Edit:
13549984833_5b6c20e803_o.jpg

Last edited:
QUESOpring-14.png

I ate some today, and after I brushed my teeth I got the munchies so I came back to these and they somehow taste better because they were absolutely horrid when I first taste them.

It tastes like this but spicier. So bad.. a waste of $2

20120424-queso-tostitos.jpg

Mrs. S fell in love with my Galaxy Tab 2 tablet and installed Candy Crush on it...so naturally, I had to get a new, uninfected, one.

ipad-4.jpg

389€ @ Apple Store Paris Opera :crazy:

I had all this stuff delivered from Amazon prime today. I was disappointed, this didn't come in a jewel case, just in a cardboard sleeve.

51g2xXle0tL.jpg

51VU2DUvQ2L._SY445_.jpg

This came in a plastic game case and runs (so far) just perfect on this:

915mMy8fCxL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HEYVAN6/?tag=gtplanet-20

only $400, with free delivery. Love that it has an HDMI out, plus a separate numeric keyboard.

Plus the millions of Sims in the over a decade old region I have been building are very happy!!!!

EDIT: I installed the game into a folder I created called "Games", I read that if the game is installed in the default Program Files(x86) folder it causes problems.

Last edited:
SOOOOO I woke up today and thought: "Damn........I think I have too much money - better get rid of it all"

NIVBA301AH.jpg

Nikon D800e

2637167012_29436bd0a8_z.jpg

Nikon AF-S 14-24mm f2.8G ED

Nikon70-200f2-8_525.jpg

Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8G ED VR II

221.jpg

Nikon SB700 Speedlight

speedlight-sb-910-nikonsmall.jpg

Nikon SB910 Speedlight

Yeah....that should solve that problem...

Last edited:
@Havok_ Whoa wait what?!! You bought one? How was/is it?

Thanks for the comments boys. I'll be honest. I wasn;t a big fan until I saw it up close. I traded in my 2013 WRX for this and I can objectively say that this improves upon every single thing of the previous gen WRX. It rides slightly stiffer but is well damped, the steering is ridiculously precise, I can say with no hint of hyperbole that it's like a go-kart.

The engine sound has been subdued quite alot though but, the turbo is more audible than ever. Sound system is sublime, and in two days I have been averaging over 26 mpg, which is HUGE compared to my previous WRX. I'll post a full review and some more pics of the car in the Cars Forum. :)

Thanks for the comments boys. I'll be honest. I wasn;t a big fan until I saw it up close. I traded in my 2013 WRX for this and I can objectively say that this improves upon every single thing of the previous gen WRX. It rides slightly stiffer but is well damped, the steering is ridiculously precise, I can say with no hint of hyperbole that it's like a go-kart.

The engine sound has been subdued quite alot though but, the turbo is more audible than ever. Sound system is sublime, and in two days I have been averaging over 26 mpg, which is HUGE compared to my previous WRX. I'll post a full review and some more pics of the car in the Cars Forum. :)
Again...congrats! Looking forward to your reply in the "members rides" section. Is that the premium edition with heated seats? 8 speed paddle shifter auto or 6 speed manual? I see it has a sunroof. That's usually the premium edition. I thought for sure you would have had pics in there. Would love to hear all the details and see a LOT more pics. I currently have a local dealership getting me set up for a test drive in one of these 2015 wrx in the near future.

Again...congrats! Looking forward to your reply in the "members rides" section. Is that the premium edition with heated seats? 8 speed paddle shifter auto or 6 speed manual? I see it has a sunroof. That's usually the premium edition. I thought for sure you would have had pics in there. Would love to hear all the details and see a LOT more pics. I currently have a local dealership getting me set up for a test drive in one of these 2015 wrx in the near future.

It's a Limited, heated leather seats, Harman Kardon stereo, 6 speed (the only way to go) no nav though, and hmm what else, thats pretty much it.

I actually thought it looked liked strange in photos but when I saw it in person.....I was very very impressed. You will be too, trust me, it's a VAST improvement over the previous gen WRX.

It's a Limited, heated leather seats, Harman Kardon stereo, 6 speed (the only way to go) no nav though, and hmm what else, thats pretty much it.

I actually thought it looked liked strange in photos but when I saw it in person.....I was very very impressed. You will be too, trust me, it's a VAST improvement over the previous gen WRX.
Don't forget you also have the sun roof that comes with the premium/limited. That is great news about the improvements over previous years. Did you get a chance to try one with the paddle shifter? Only bad part about manual is you cant get a remote starter for winter. So the 6 speed manual feels really good? Nice clean shifts? Cant wait until our dealer gets some in.

The only major complaint I have of my 04 WRX is the 5 speed trans. Not only does it need a 6th gear because it revs at 3k rpm at 70mph, the 5 speed is not a reliable trans at all. Very poorly built. Other than that I simply love my 04 WRX. However, trying to find a WRX around my year that is an automatic AND premium is almost impossible. Otherwise I have to go with a 05 STI premium or newer and those again, are dang near impossible to find around here. Thus I started looking toward the 2015 WRX. I am just weighing the different options out there. Otherwise I will just stick with my 04 WRX for a while. Looking forward to your thread.

I think your questions are very specific and coming from a fellow Subaru owner I know we can be very particular about cars :) So the day consisted of a text I received from a friend of mine who works at a local Subaru dealership around noonish. The previous weekend I had taken my car to get my snow tires removed and we chatted about when the WRX would arrive and he said "soon" but wasn;t sure.

So he texted me that they had just received two WRX's. An automatic premium (lightning red) and a WR blue limited (manual) Since they had just received them they were hesitant to let me drive the car. I assured them that if I liked the car I would buy it right then and there. So they let me drive the red CVT. I must say this, the car feels very well built, initially there are 3 modes to select on the steering wheel with the CVT equipped car, intelligent, Sport # (sharp for the programmers out there) and another. Truth be told in intelligent mode the car feels very "normal" no real pull from the engine, nothing impressive at all, I was told that this is simply a "gas-saver mode" he told me to put into Sport# mode. Instantly the throttle blipped and seemed to go down a gear or two. I was surprised! I knew it was a CVT but that was cool. I then proceeded to flog the car and it was quick! the paddle shifters were sharp and it felt like a legit DCT car..really you would never think it was a CVT, not in Sport # mode....

As for the manual, to me that is and always be my preference, it's slightly notchy but very mechanical, sort of like a bolt action rifle, it's hard to explain, but if feels very solid, I know the synchros are made of a different material and you can feel it with every shift. So, throws are very short compared to what I was used to...It feels like a short throw kit, compared to my 13' WRX.

I chose the blue one for LED's and the manual, but both are good choices.

Back