Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,621 comments
I think your questions are very specific and coming from a fellow Subaru owner I know we can be very particular about cars :) So the day consisted of a text I received from a friend of mine who works at a local Subaru dealership around noonish. The previous weekend I had taken my car to get my snow tires removed and we chatted about when the WRX would arrive and he said "soon" but wasn;t sure.

So he texted me that they had just received two WRX's. An automatic premium (lightning red) and a WR blue limited (manual) Since they had just received them they were hesitant to let me drive the car. I assured them that if I liked the car I would buy it right then and there. So they let me drive the red CVT. I must say this, the car feels very well built, initially there are 3 modes to select on the steering wheel with the CVT equipped car, intelligent, Sport # (sharp for the programmers out there) and another. Truth be told in intelligent mode the car feels very "normal" no real pull from the engine, nothing impressive at all, I was told that this is simply a "gas-saver mode" he told me to put into Sport# mode. Instantly the throttle blipped and seemed to go down a gear or two. I was surprised! I knew it was a CVT but that was cool. I then proceeded to flog the car and it was quick! the paddle shifters were sharp and it felt like a legit DCT car..really you would never think it was a CVT, not in Sport # mode....

As for the manual, to me that is and always be my preference, it's slightly notchy but very mechanical, sort of like a bolt action rifle, it's hard to explain, but if feels very solid, I know the synchros are made of a different material and you can feel it with every shift. So, throws are very short compared to what I was used to...It feels like a short throw kit, compared to my 13' WRX.

I chose the blue one for LED's and the manual, but both are good choices.
Thank you for the follow up from your experience of both cars. Really cant wait until they get some of them in locally. I would probably just get the base line model I at least want heated seats. It would just be my daily driver so handling and speed is not my concern. I still have the Camaro if I want some autocross or road track fun.

If I actually do get a 2015 it will be the very first brand new car I have EVER purchased. I have purchased cars a couple years old, but never a brand new car. We will see what happens. Will be interesting to see what I decide to purchase by the end of this year.

EDIT: Very important question. What RPM are you at when doing 70mph? Currently my 04 WRX is around 3,000rpm at 70mph. Revs way too high and I hate that. Hoping the 6 speed drops the RPM down to at least around 2,000rpm or lower at 70mph.

EDIT2. I just found my answer. http://www.edmunds.com/subaru/wrx/2015/road-test-specs1.html
Engine speed @ 70 mph (rpm)2,500 Bummer. Was hoping for lower rpm. That's still better than 3,000rpm.

Last edited:
0250040003.jpg

2x500 A4 sheets.

Don't forget you also have the sun roof that comes with the premium/limited.

:grumpy: I can barely squeeze into the models with the sunroof. Why did they even offer sunroof? I need headroom (and I don't think I'm alone), and I think a lot of people buy WRX and STi to go fast (and not have unnecessary weight at the top of the vehicle, weighing it down.)

Still, though, nice car @Havok_

Used to love Advanced Wars (2?) on the GBA. Was such a perfectly simple little game. Been trying to find something similar for the iPad, but they've just overcomplicated anything along those lines. :irked:

It's a shame you can't run emulators on Apple devices without all the tedious jaibreaking and such. :(

Funnily enough it was newspapers which is why I had the money to burn.

And please, I can't afford sauce...

Ah, so you sold newspaper to recycling centers until you could buy the stuff, and are now eating what was left after the sale? pretty clever :0

New shoes and pedals for bike number 2.
At least this way I can still have clip in pedals without looking like a goose in the supermarket wearing full road shoes,
As a bonus the pedals can also be ridden with normal shoes on the other side of them, comes in very handy while riding with the kids due to the stop start nature.

mnZdKj3Ade3Tx9rGRQsCzvg.jpg

shimano-pd-a530-black.jpg

TB
I'm on my third pair of Oakleys in the last 20 years. :)
This will be my third pair of Oakleys too (in 11 yrs) - I still use my A-Wires for cycling and have a spare pair with dodgy prescriptions knocking about too. :)

@Boffin: Nice, I'm looking at a D800+85/1.4 setup myself.

@F1GTR sweet. Can't wait to see the results.

Well it arrived this morning (it's a slightly different, later version to the stock image I posted):

AUbZSbq.jpg

Quite pleased with it, the build quality is superb. I chose it over the later versions and the Zeiss Planar because it's got a nice medium/low contrast, high resolution look which really suits black and white work. I haven't shot a roll with it yet (it arrived this morning) but here are some test shots I took a few minutes ago with it mounted on my Fuji X-Pro 1 (the FOV is a lot tighter than what I usually work with for street):

H6qA965.jpg

VhWsilr.jpg

7LijtQ8.jpg

Buying yard equipment is much more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Picked up a new weed-whacker today, it's a Stihl FS40C. I opted for the polymer blade head on it too since dealing with that string is a major PITA.

FS50CE-800x800.jpg

I should be picking up a lawnmower in the next week or two as well.

Buying yard equipment is much more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Picked up a new weed-whacker today, it's a Stihl FS40C. I opted for the polymer blade head on it too since dealing with that string is a major PITA.

Wait until you try the metal blade, you'll feel like going on a zombie rampage!

Was getting sick of my audio setup (or lack thereof), so I ordered one of these babies:

11540809_1_l.jpg

(as well as a mic stand and wind muff cover)

SOOOOO I woke up today and thought: "Damn........I think I have too much money - better get rid of it all"

I know what you mean man. Over the past 6 months, I've bought COD Ghosts Prestige Edition, GT6 Asia Collectors' Edition, GT6 Mini-helmet, Gran Turismo Tomica car set, Titanfall Collector's Edition, and I just got this:

F1-2013-CE-P3-rgb-pack-2D-PEGI-RP-English.jpg

I also am considering a few other items as well...

Back