Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,628 comments
40W%20Beauty%20F.jpg

519pv-kCqbL._SS400_.jpg

...and a bunch of associated cables, etc. that are too boring to show. I didn't show the FiOS HD-DVR because I'm technically only renting it.

Nice! See you online for MGO!

FIOS HD-DVR, that's part of the Verizon FIOS HDTV service? If so, how is it compared to DirecTV? I've been waiting for this for a long time.

How far along is FTTP coverage, anyway? Is there a map or list somewhere?

40W%20Beauty%20F.jpg

519pv-kCqbL._SS400_.jpg

...and a bunch of associated cables, etc. that are too boring to show. I didn't show the FiOS HD-DVR because I'm technically only renting it.

Congrats on the purchase 👍

I finally bought a Dual Shock 3 controller myself, hopefully a TV like yours soon

DualShock3_b494_screen_540x354.jpg

Just ordered my first non-cheap mouse, Logitech MX Revolution.
287844-931689.jpg

Also had my mousemat-usb hub come through yesterday and the keyboard I ordered Wednesday should come today or tomorrow.

40W%20Beauty%20F.jpg

519pv-kCqbL._SS400_.jpg

And I was just about to point out the GameStop used systems to you in your "What happened to the 80GB" thread.

Welcome to the fold. Now that you are here, don't forget to Fold @ Home.

TB
Welcome to the PS3 club, Duke! Hopefully I'll see you on the track. :D
Thanks! I can't wait to get it set up. Now I need a receiver that takes HDMI audio input, better speakers, a G25...
Nice! See you online for MGO!
I actually only picked it up with MGS4 because it was the only 80gb around for miles. No place had any in stock (online or b&M locations). I chanced to go by a secret WalMart that is kind of out of the way, and they had 2 left, so I snatched it. I've never played any of the MGS games, but what the hey.
FIOS HD-DVR, that's part of the Verizon FIOS HDTV service? If so, how is it compared to DirecTV? I've been waiting for this for a long time.
I don't know how it compares; I've never had HDTV or DVR before. I needed to add an HD box which is $10/month. HD-DVR was $15/month, so I figured why not. Now I can record Top Gear and Monty Python. The only episode of Top Gear that is on when I watch TV is the last half of whatever episode I watched last week. Now I can get the first-run (Stateside, anyway) episodes and watch the whole thing.
Congrats on the purchase 👍
I finally bought a Dual Shock 3 controller myself, hopefully a TV like yours soon
So far I only have the one DS3 that comes with it, but I'll probably buy at least another one, if not more.
Apple's Finest... ;)
Sha-WHEET! I just bought a 13" 2.4ghz Macbook for my daughter and I was drooling over the desktop machines while I was in the store. That's verrrry nice - the current desktop cases are drop dead gorgeous, and the insides don't suck either.
And I was just about to point out the GameStop used systems to you in your "What happened to the 80GB" thread.

Welcome to the fold. Now that you are here, don't forget to Fold @ Home.
Yeah, I was reeeeally really thinking about those, but they aren't cheap, and I remember from past experience what "Gamestop Refurbished" means: wipe it down with Windex and throw it in a bag with a haphazard collection of accessory bits. So I figured I might as well get a new one.

I actually only picked it up with MGS4 because it was the only 80gb around for miles. No place had any in stock (online or b&M locations). I chanced to go by a secret WalMart that is kind of out of the way, and they had 2 left, so I snatched it. I've never played any of the MGS games, but what the hey.
To avoid confusion I suggest watching the MGS retrospective videos at GameTrailers (warning episode 6 is spoilerish for MGS4) and downloading the MGS Database from the PlayStation Store (Free).

And if you decide you like the gameplay then you might want to get the Essentials Collection.

And would that Sony HDTV be from Wal*Mart as well? I know they had a 40" or 42" Sony at my local Wal*Mart for under $1200. Just curious because I was contemplating that one.

Yeah, I was reeeeally really thinking about those, but they aren't cheap, and I remember from past experience what "Gamestop Refurbished" means: wipe it down with Windex and throw it in a bag with a haphazard collection of accessory bits. So I figured I might as well get a new one.
Smart call, and for the price difference you got MGS4.

To avoid confusion I suggest watching the MGS retrospective videos at GameTrailers (warning episode 6 is spoilerish for MGS4) and downloading the MGS Database from the PlayStation Store (Free).
Thanks. The only console shooter I really played was Black, which I liked a lot, other than the massively long times between save points.
And would that Sony HDTV be from Wal*Mart as well? I know they had a 40" or 42" Sony at my local Wal*Mart for under $1200. Just curious because I was contemplating that one.
No, I bought it online. It's a KDL-52W4100, which is the current next-to-top of their 2008 line. It was about ~$2300. It can be had under $1500 for the 40" version, from Butterfly Photo. I've heard that the older BR-series Sonys, although they have very good picture quality, have a somewhat slower response time, and aren't great for gaming because they blur and lag a bit. This is hearsay, though, and I've never actually played on one.

Among the 2007 models, it seems that Sharp has the fastest response time. I was going to buy an -84 or -94 series Sharp until Sony's 2008 line came out.

Sha-WHEET! I just bought a 13" 2.4ghz Macbook for my daughter and I was drooling over the desktop machines while I was in the store. That's verrrry nice - the current desktop cases are drop dead gorgeous, and the insides don't suck either.

Yeah thats the thing with the Apple desktops, the cases are just an engineering marvel plus they just look gorgeous as you said. I'l let you in on a little secret... its just the case ;)

Robin

its just the case ;)
So wait, now they sell Apple cases as well? and your going to put PC parts in it? :grumpy:👎 I thought it was really an iMac..... :( But anyways, that casing just looks sweet and stylish and Mac-like as well! Just want to ask, do they sell OSX separately as well? Got to tell this to my friends :D

So wait, now they sell Apple cases as well? and your going to put PC parts in it? :grumpy:👎 I thought it was really an iMac..... :( But anyways, that casing just looks sweet and stylish and Mac-like as well! Just want to ask, do they sell OSX separately as well? Got to tell this to my friends :D

Whats wrong with putting PC parts in a brilliantly designed case? Plus I didn't really have the 2 grand price tag for one of them!

Apple don't officially sell cases! They apparently don't sell any apple components!

Edit - Just reading your post back are you thinking this is a imitation mac case? ummm.... its the real case!

Robin

Whats wrong with putting PC parts in a brilliantly designed case? Plus I didn't really have the 2 grand price tag for one of them!

Apple don't officially sell cases! They apparently don't sell any apple components!

Edit - Just reading your post back are you thinking this is a imitation mac case? ummm.... its the real case!

Robin
Well nothing, I really thought it was an iMac...... :nervous: But what, 2k for the complete set? :eek:

So if this is the real case, where did you get it then since you said Apple haven't sold any of the cases? But wow, just think how cool it would look like with that casing at the side of the table.... :drool:👍

Well nothing, I really thought it was an iMac...... :nervous: But what, 2k for the complete set? :eek:

Yeah the new fully kitted MacPro's start... START! at £1,749!

So if this is the real case, where did you get it then since you said Apple haven't sold any of the cases? But wow, just think how cool it would look like with that casing at the side of the table.... :drool:👍

There is always a way of getting stuff not directly from Apple... ;)

The fact it looks cool was kinda the reasoning behind getting it :lol:, well that and the internal design and quality..

Robin

I bought a couple shirts from Enthusiast Apparel. I think it's a little place, and geared toward European cars, so I got a couple that are simple and apply to my Honda taste. It took under two weeks to receive them.

MyShirt2.jpg

Everybody loves the Nurburgring.

MyShirt1.jpg

And basket-weave rims look sweet on Civics...

kady2.jpg

I love them. They fit me just like the typical "fitted" medium t-shirt, and they're pretty thick and quality feeling.

I bought one of these!

6212-1.jpg

Also I got one of these tattoos, the one with the sauropod. It set me back a whopping 35c.

DinosaurTattooSm.jpg

A wallet made of duct tape.

513927K9R4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

My only gripe is that it's so clearly not designed for the UK - there's nowhere for coins, so the smallest amount I can store in there (aside from IOUs) is a fiver. Oh well, I usually just throw them in my pocket anyways. Apparently there's a lifetime warranty though - all I have to do is send it back to them and they'll send me a replacement. Which would be great, if I lived in Colorado where their head office is.

Damn, need to join the bandwagon fast! :grumpy: Birthday coming soon, so lets hope for the best....... :nervous:
it.came.true.

PSP-SC10Z.JPG

PSP Value Pack (PSP Slim + 4GB Memory + Games + Screen Protector + PSP Earphone + PSP Casing)
Yeah, sure worth every penny and consider this my own birthday present..... :D

Back