Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,628 comments
violenceih3.jpg

Supporting Gun Violence since 1995.

252px-Uncharted.jpg

Didn't like the demo much, but I'll give it a try
I saw a couple commercials for that game. Looks like it would be similar to Far Cry. When I get a PS3 I will have to check that one out for sure.

I recently bought a new rear view mirror for my Camaro. Now when I attend road track events the camcorder will be able to see past it better. Spent a lot of money on other things but they were mainly for Heathers birthday.

Yup Archaeology major, I take classes such as "How to Dig Holes", "Nazi Evasion 101", and "Snakes: Their Problems and How to Avoid Them".

Yup Archaeology major, I take classes such as "How to Dig Holes", "Nazi Evasion 101", and "Snakes: Their Problems and How to Avoid Them".
Class materials: Hat and bullwhip.

Don't forget about "Getting the girl" and "Understanding young Orientals."

I've got to do that Goodwood Festival of Speed thing one of these days. Sounds ten times more exciting than the British GP, now that I'm old and curmudgeonly about F1 racing.

TB
Isn't all wood good?
"Replace the bad wood. Put in good wood." - John Goodman, Arachnophobia.

I bought a car battery for the CR-V today. Pics after it stops raining.

It's a ticket to the upcoming Goodwood FoS event. 👍

Have a great time G.T and take lots of pictures!

I am hoping to try and make it to this year's Goodwood Revival event this Septemeber. If you are planning on attending that as well, maybe we can try and get together before hand.

:cheers:
The event doesn't really interest me. The only thing that does is the racing that they do - you don't see millions of pounds worth of car racing each other every day do you? :eek:

But if I do decide to go (and if I can even get there), I'll let you know. 👍

And as usual, I'll be taking lots of pictures... I'll be bored enough again this holiday so I'll probably upload most of them again!

I've got to do that Goodwood Festival of Speed thing one of these days. Sounds ten times more exciting than the British GP, now that I'm old and curmudgeonly about F1 racing.

The British GP will be better this year now they've organised some decent support races. ;)

Period dress for the event? Not unless the drivers wear polo shirts and open-face helmets. Not sure what I'd wear, honestly. Looking at a couple McLaren-shop photos from the sixties looks a lot like my old bag-boy uniform of yore; a white short-sleeve shirt, solid-color pants, with a thin tie, and black plastic-rimmed eyeglasses.

The British GP will be better this year now they've organised some decent support races. ;)
Race report to follow...?

I dunno Cracker, looking at the Meeting Schedule on my tickets, it only shows 3 seperate catergories this year, F1, GP2 and the Porchse Supercup.

Atleast it'll more than likely rain, first ever wet GP for me to sit in. :)

Bee
I dunno Cracker, looking at the Meeting Schedule on my tickets, it only shows 3 seperate catergories this year, F1, GP2 and the Porchse Supercup.

They have another race straight after the main event that will be worth sticking around for.

Roo
I've got tickets for all 3 days of both events, so give me a shout if you want some sort of tour. Don't forget the period dress, if possible!

I will most definitely be properly suited and ready to go. :)👍

Period dress for the event? Not unless the drivers wear polo shirts and open-face helmets. Not sure what I'd wear, honestly. Looking at a couple McLaren-shop photos from the sixties looks a lot like my old bag-boy uniform of yore; a white short-sleeve shirt, solid-color pants, with a thin tie, and black plastic-rimmed eyeglasses.

Seeing everyone in period costume is quite the sight, and fits the atmosphere and energy of the event quite well. If you click on this LINK, a video preview will automatically start playing, showing many of the great costumes, and incredibly rare classic race cars not holding anything back as they fight for position on the track.

You know you have a special event when you see a guy locking up his brakes in his forty year old multi-million dollar Ferrari going into a tricky short chicane in an attempt to pass another guy in his multi-million dollar Ferrari. :eek:

Throw in races with +30 cars, vintage racing motorcycles running at their limits, a classic air show with many rare RAF planes, and loads of beautiful women in swinging 60's garb... and you have an event that any man with even a small dose of testosterone and interest in world class automobiles, motorcycles, planes, and the finest combustion engines ever made should love. :)

Back