Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,629 comments
I got bored and indulged in some Newegg shopping...

n676645672_1373509_7710.jpg

My dad and I went in together and bought this 1996 Chevy S-10 with a V6 in it. We needed a pick-up around here for pulling our boat and what not since it was getting to costly for my dad to use his G-Van for everything. He got it today while I was at work, but I guess he didn't get a chance to get plates for it yet. The thing was a steal at $750. Everything works on it and it have 146,000 miles on it. I don't know how long we are planning on keeping it but it sorta feels good to have an S-Truck back.

P7022925.jpg

P7022927.jpg

P7022919.jpg

P7022924.jpg

That truck is cleaner than I imagined when I read about it in the announcement thread. Nice buy.👍

Thanks. I was surprised to when I saw it, it isn't really all the bad all thing considered. It was our neighbours and we are pretty good friends with him so I guess that's why we got such a good deal. He just picked up a new Colorado which he paid $12,000 for :eek: with his GM discount.

Hopefully my dad gets the plates tomorrow so I can drive it a little bit.

Thanks. I was surprised to when I saw it, it isn't really all the bad all thing considered. It was our neighbours and we are pretty good friends with him so I guess that's why we got such a good deal. He just picked up a new Colorado which he paid $12,000 for :eek: with his GM discount.

Hopefully my dad gets the plates tomorrow so I can drive it a little bit.

Is there anything wrong with it? The body appears to buy alright, doesn't look roughed up. I suppose you'll find out soon enough when you take it out for a spin.

Is there anything wrong with it? The body appears to buy alright, doesn't look roughed up. I suppose you'll find out soon enough when you take it out for a spin.

It was missing the passenger mirror, which was promptly replaced with one the mirrors from my Blazer by my dad today. The front brakes need to be replaced and I'll probably do that this weekend since it isn't hard on the S-Trucks at all. It also needs a tune up, but other then that it runs fine, there seems to be a small hole in the exhaust but I'm not going to worry about that.

I am going to put a proper hitch on it and maybe get a K&N filter for it but other then that it's just a little run about.

Wow. He got screwed.

Is it bad I thought the same thing :lol:.

The wireless USB adapter I'm using at the moment is useless and drops out for no reason what so ever, so despite my need to save for a PS3, I've invested in a D-Link DWA-140 Wireless N USB Adapter
21-S7AoilBL._SL500_AA200_.jpg

This was only just over £3 including postage, so I thought I might as well get it.
Stereophonics - Live At Cardiff Castle
200px-Live_at_Cardiff_Castle.jpg

G.T

Half the parts there were to upgrade my primary desktop, including the mx518. I've been using an old optical MS mouse, and well, it just doesn't cut it. The reason I got the cheap laser mouse is for my bedroom so I don't have to deal with a glowing red light at night when the computer is on for a movie or something.

I bought it for my PS3. I never had a PS2. I want to play greatest ps2 hits on my ps3. and as you said it's a very nice game. I will buy ICO later.

I've been looking for ICO to actually buy. They do come up on ebay but can actually command a price premium due to the rarity value in comparison to most other used PSTwo games. And I did see one in GAME before for 15-20 quid for a pre-owned! I dearly hoped that they wouldn't have been that knowledgable about that game.....:(

Best of luck finding it though! :)

I've been looking for ICO to actually buy. They do come up on ebay but can actually command a price premium due to the rarity value in comparison to most other used PSTwo games. And I did see one in GAME before for 15-20 quid for a pre-owned! I dearly hoped that they wouldn't have been that knowledgable about that game.....:(

Best of luck finding it though! :)

I'll let you know if I find it online ;)

Four of these in 15x7 with a +41 offset. Too bad I couldn't get tires bundled with them from anywhere because I severely misjudged the popularity of performance wheels and tires during the summer. Now I can spend all the extra money I saved up during that time on buying tires separately!

enkeir_rpf1_b_ci3_l.jpg

How is it compared to Land? 'Cos that's my benchmark...
I personally didn't like Diary. The acting was fairly poor and over dramatic, and the whole "being filmed" talk is WAY over the top and irritated me. I honestly only watched the first half an hour and turned it off. Gory though.

And I liked Land of the Dead, by the way.

Sprite.....

image076jf7.jpg

...snap.

My feedback (and I would hope Sprite's as well :)) can be found over in the PS3 sub-forum.

As for 'Diary' well I liked it and would put it on par with 'Land', even if they are very different films. Personally I didn't find it that gory for a Romero film, and both 'Night' and 'Dawn' are better films and all of them are better than 'Day'.

Regards

Scaff

Four of these in 15x7 with a +41 offset. Too bad I couldn't get tires bundled with them from anywhere because I severely misjudged the popularity of performance wheels and tires during the summer. Now I can spend all the extra money I saved up during that time on buying tires separately!

enkeir_rpf1_b_ci3_l.jpg

Those should look really good on your car. Make sure to post pictures. 👍

Couldn't you have gone up a size?

I can guarantee you'll want to punch the buzz host in the face after 15 seconds.

extreme-cf-30mb-sec-8gb-214x184.jpg

Info

* Read Speed: 30MB Per Second
* Write Speed: 30MB Per Second
* Included RescuePRO
* Warranty: 10 Year
* High Durability & Reliability
* Includes Travel Case

How many shots can you take?
I can take 1785 9 megapixel "Fine shots or 425 Raw shots.

extreme-cf-30mb-sec-8gb-214x184.jpg

Info

* Read Speed: 30MB Per Second
* Write Speed: 30MB Per Second
* Included RescuePRO
* Warranty: 10 Year
* High Durability & Reliability
* Includes Travel Case

How many shots can you take?
I can take 1785 9 megapixel "Fine shots or 425 Raw shots.

Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket. I'd hate to lose a full 8GB card. :scared:

Back