Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,628 comments
Got rid of the 360 Elite (never played it much) and got myself on of these.

41tAtYChp7L._AA280_.jpg

PSP Slim in White along with 3 games, Megadrive classics, Everybody's Golf 2 & Final Fantasy.

After killing another crappy ancient v625, it was time for an upgrade...

lgslimenv2verizonwireless.jpg
41703.png

LG enV2

So far I am liking it. No lag in the menus, decent camera, not really any larger than the u740 I had. And it looks slick :sly:

I've always found their ergonomics to be horrid compared to Nikon, but that's just me.

Well this one is so comfortable to me that it's part of the reason I decided to buy it. The only thing I don't like about it in the ergonomics dept. is the on/off switch being by the LCD as opposed to the shutter release button. However, it's not that big a deal as it has the auto-off function.

Everything else about it was leaps and bounds better for my hands compared to the Nikons I held. Different strokes...

Different strokes...

Very true.
I always enjoy having all the menu/play/etc. buttons on the backside to the left the lcd; I guess I just have a short stubby thumb that doesn't want to reach over. A second dial to control aperture/shutter is also a must for me as I'm usually shooting manual and switching both simultaneously.

Not exactly for myself, but I got myself a new laptop for work today. A Dell Vostro 1400 with 1.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB ram, 250GB harddrive, MS Office Small Business, and XP Professional. Should be here in a week and a half or so.

dell-vostro-1400-laptop.jpg

Finally came in, so far I really like it!

P6192624.jpg

P6192625.jpg

P6192626.jpg

Nice laptop! 👍

I've got the Vostro 1000, it runs only half of what you got, and I had to replace Vista with XP, but it runs very sweet now 👍

*EDIT* Yours has XP... Lucky guy!

Thanks, should make doing my work much easier now that I have something that runs decently well. I managed to order it through Dell with XP Professional SP2 already installed and got Office 2007 as well (which I'm not used to yet). I took the day off of work today but I'll play around with it more on Monday.

good taste! :) I picked mine up through Crutchfield. They actually had them $50 cheaper than J&R. I put the order in at 4PM and had it at my doorstep the next day around 2PM, free shipping. I was very pleased with the service!

Crutchfield's price was the same for the silver model, $700. Free shipping, but they collect sales tax here in California. J&R doesn't.

They still haven't shipped my receiver yet. Something must be wrong. I bet it's out of stock after the salesman told me the opposite when I ordered. Jerk. I hate it when they do that.

Would you buy it if you paying out of your own pocket?

Me personally? No, based on what I do with a computer. I like games, even on my laptop and I do a bit of sound mixing and other things. I don't think the Vostros has enough umph in the graphics department and I would like something a bit faster then the 1.8.

It does work stuff pretty good though, Xcel spreadsheets, internet, word processing, inventory programmes, and Photoshop. Although you can customise it in a bunch of different ways to turn it into a computer like I want. But I think I would rather go with a XPS even though they are most expensive. For what I'm doing though the Vostros works perfectly. I assume you are looking at getting a notebook?

Yeah, in late August I start college, and I'm fairly sure a laptop will come in handy.

It will, I am really glad I got mine before heading off to school. Do some shopping around, you'll find a good deal. Also check and see if your university offers a discount through a certain company. Oakland has a deal through Dell where we get something like 15% off computers.

It will, I am really glad I got mine before heading off to school. Do some shopping around, you'll find a good deal. Also check and see if your university offers a discount through a certain company. Oakland has a deal through Dell where we get something like 15% off computers.

I'm not sure they will, it's a private college so I don't know if they do stuff like that. I'll be sure to check though.

Very true.
I always enjoy having all the menu/play/etc. buttons on the backside to the left the lcd; I guess I just have a short stubby thumb that doesn't want to reach over. A second dial to control aperture/shutter is also a must for me as I'm usually shooting manual and switching both simultaneously.

Yeah, if I'm holding it along the bottom, my thumb goes right over the buttons. No big deal, especially because of the top LCD. And that second dial is the big ipod-like scroller on the back. :)

Back