Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,677 comments
Correct me if I am wrong but this house looks like it is 70% garrage. :lol:
Haha from this angle I guess it does lol. The house is much deeper than it is across its frontage though so that's where the builders hid the bedrooms etc lol.

My dad and I had been discussing smokers a lot this past year and his live-in girlfriend bought him one for Christmas. Since he died recently she didn't have any reason to keep it and was going to return it, but my wife jumped in and paid her for it.

It's the cheapest offset smoker that Brinkmann makes, so I expect it will leak and need a few modifications to work optimally, but I now have a purpose-built smoker and can quit struggling to smoke on my gas grill, where maintaining the temperature and keeping the wood chips smoking is difficult.

IMG_1644.JPG

Just did some last minute Amazon Christmas shopping.

I was going to buy my dad a plastic mat for his office chair in the garage because he has literally worn through the two layers of floor coating to the concrete, but he didn't sound interested when I mentioned the idea of covering it with something. So instead, a 2015 Breaking Bad calender to replace his 2014 one, and this Enterprise Bottle Opener, since the Enterprise Pizza Cutter and Spock oven mitt went over really well.
41yZCcllz7L.jpg

My mom wanted a pair of desktop speakers with the only requirements being that they're reasonable in size and don't have sound quality on par with the little speakers in birthday cards. She's probably expecting something along the lines of a middle-of-the-road Logitech set, but these were $80 on Amazon and I think they'll do just fine.
71PkxjxC8ML._SL1500_.jpg

My sister is going to be leaving for the Navy in March, so I had to put some thought into hers. I remembered her saying something about being really worried about her truck being exposed to the elements while she's gone, so I got her a truck cover, and a Yuasa Battery Tender to keep her batteries alive and kicking while she's gone.
61Z4mSwZVWL._SL1500_.jpg

B000CITK8S.01.lg.jpg

Because my job is to sell batteries and I would be remiss if I weren't to consider the effects of allowing batteries to remain discharged for extended periods of time.

And then because Christmas Bonuses are Magic, and my BRZ sounds and moves like it has asthma on cold, damp mornings, I ordered an AirRaid 510-307 Intake System:
616CMx2E1HL._SL1445_.jpg

Tomorrow I will be pricing out getting a fitted Y-pipe so I can actually have dual exhaust tips again, instead of the one on the left and an empty hole on the right.

Also, I actually got this a couple months ago, but I don't think I mentioned it.
10863667_934975556513922_279259191_n.jpg

Because the battery that was in it was struggling to get her started on the colder mornings. And I don't really feel too confident with a battery that struggles to start a 2.0l H-4 in 50 degree weather. This kicks over in 2 turns(the first two being necessary) even when it's 28 outside. :D

Note: I wouldn't buy an Optima battery for list price. I bought this before Optima increased their prices to the store I work at, so it was around $130 instead of the current $180.

My dad and I had been discussing smokers a lot this past year and his live-in girlfriend bought him one for Christmas. Since he died recently she didn't have any reason to keep it and was going to return it, but my wife jumped in and paid her for it.

It's the cheapest offset smoker that Brinkmann makes, so I expect it will leak and need a few modifications to work optimally, but I now have a purpose-built smoker and can quit struggling to smoke on my gas grill, where maintaining the temperature and keeping the wood chips smoking is difficult.

View attachment 275289
We've had a big box smoker for a few years now. Made some great stuff.
I'd recommend getting a propane tank(unless you'll use exclusively wood; we use a hybrid) with a built in gauge. The worst feeling is noticing that your ribs quit cooking four hours ago because you forgot to get the tank refilled.

We've had a big box smoker for a few years now. Made some great stuff.
I'd recommend getting a propane tank(unless you'll use exclusively wood; we use a hybrid) with a built in gauge. The worst feeling is noticing that your ribs quit cooking four hours ago because you forgot to get the tank refilled.
I already have a gas grill. While a smoker box worked it was hard to do an all day smoke. I was switching out foil packets full of wood chips every hour or two, and opening the main grill cover meant losing most of my heat, so it was a constant battle to keep it right. Also, having your heat source inside the main grill meant an uneven heat because anything more than one burner on low would cook or burn the food quickly.

With this I plan to only burn wood in the firebox. I might use charcoal to get it started, but once the smoke and heat are where I want it will just be wood.

Last edited:
@Touring Mars @kikie @Sprite @Joey D
FBFC29A2-7B35-484B-98F7-28613E9D3B06_zpsubpylerg.jpg

We moved in to our house yesterday :D
Lots of unpacking to do and until I build a small shed out the back I'm having to use up some of the garage with our stuff, but soon the family car will be able to park inside too. Currently just the GT-Four is in there along with heaps of stuff but eventually it will just be the GT-Four, the family car, my sim racing set up and a workbench.
C8E171DE-362D-4354-B239-597A2BE1BBDF_zpswwf0kjg5.jpg

11309FC8-8A8E-464B-A559-3ABDC8BCA08A_zpscczammup.jpg

Loving it so far, we were all crammed in to a small 3 bedroom before, now we have lots more space, the kids have heaps of lawn to play in too. Will perhaps post some more images later once everything is unpacked if anyone is interested :)
Thanks for letting me know. 👍
Very nice looking "home" you have there. And the "grass is green but the girls are pretty? , ....... " :D

Also, I actually got this a couple months ago, but I don't think I mentioned it.
View attachment 275487
Because the battery that was in it was struggling to get her started on the colder mornings. And I don't really feel too confident with a battery that struggles to start a 2.0l H-4 in 50 degree weather. This kicks over in 2 turns(the first two being necessary) even when it's 28 outside. :D

Note: I wouldn't buy an Optima battery for list price. I bought this before Optima increased their prices to the store I work at, so it was around $130 instead of the current $180.

My red top lasted 11 years.

Yeah, the thing that made me make the buy(even though my car was only a few months old at the time) was that someone came in with a red top that had a fairly significant hole in one cell. Guy said it happened when the tie down broke a few years ago. The battery itself was 12 years old. They're definitely solid, but if I'm gonna spend $200+ on a battery I'll just spend up and get an Odyssey.

Also, I just bought this:
614QjeCzSYL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm just gonna roll with the single exhaust tip and just make the one that's there look good. I'm in the process of finding something to cap-off the empty space left by the loss of the right exhaust.

I got another early Christmas Present, a 20 dollar card on steam. So, I redeemed it and bought these 2 games that were on sale.

I've watched a bunch of Garry's Mod gameplay videos on youtube, so I figured I could give it a go. Though, I made one mistake; trying the "Five Nights at Freddy's" NPCs. Dear lord, those stupid animatronics are too loud.
header.jpg

I actually already had L4D & L4D2 for the Xbox 360, but I wanted a PC port of one of them so I could try some of the custom maps people made. I figured that having access to a lot of fanmade maps made the game worth it.
Left4Dead_Windows_cover.jpg

Mo music on vinyl

Run The Jewels 2 - 2XLP

image.jpg

Shadow Of Mordor for the PS4

image.jpg

Sin City 2 BR

image.jpg

Non of the above images taken by me.

It's been a month full of spending! :D

I got the following:

-32 inch Samsung LED as a secondary screen
-Evga GTX 750ti for my pc.
-Sly Cooper HD collection
-Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
-Borderlands Pre-sequel (gift)
-Euro Truck Simulator 1 and 2 (7 bucks on Steam only today)
-Scania Truck Simulator (free when purchasing the above)
-Elder Scrolls Anthology (all games with all expansions)
-Gears of War trilogy
-Guardians of the Galaxy Special Edition Bluray

I think I understand PC gamers now. I'm having a hard time going back to my PS3 aftee experiecing Skyrim running at Ultra Settings/60fps plus a Super-Realistic weather and lighting overhaul mod and enhanced texture pack.

...breath-taking...

My last plush for 2014 arrived yesterday, but no one was able to sign for it, so I had to pick it up from the post office, after my doctor's appointment that is. It made the long trip from Russia to Seattle.

It was a custom made plush of the Pokemon Ninetales (it's the cute white fox in the middle)
DSCN0762_zps41a38e39.jpg

Picked up a bunch of things, for various reasons:

BurnerGreenLime.png

Stumbled across this at a Christmas market downtown yesterday. It's all made locally, and they had some pretty wild flavours that were (sadly) sold out. Tried this and their Clementine version, both of which were fantastic. but just grabbed the Lime. Realizing the error of my ways, I went back today to get more, but all that was left was more lime and their classic hot sauce. I cleared them out of the lime, and bugged him for a deal. I'll probably order some of the more adventurous flavours (lemon/raspberry, blueberry) in the new year, since they offer free delivery in my area. They'll be little stocking stuffers for various members of our families.

lcd-soundsystem-lcd-soundsystem.jpg

Got their first album as a gift for Sam's dad, as he's a big fan of Talking Heads, and LCD definitely draws some influence from them. Hopefully he'll like it...

milk-bar-cookbook.png

Gift for my mum, so she can stop bugging me to bring her Compost Cookies whenever I visit. :lol:

fernet-branca-liqueur-italy-10154022.jpg

For the gift exchange on Christmas Eve.

...and for myself:

TaittingerBrutReserveChampagne.jpg

Gotta get prepared for NYE early.

tumblr_lx873troiz1qbxpujo1_400.png

The jeans, damnit. Nothing else from this image.

My last plush for 2014 arrived yesterday, but no one was able to sign for it, so I had to pick it up from the post office, after my doctor's appointment that is. It made the long trip from Russia to Seattle.

It was a custom made plush of the Pokemon Ninetales (it's the cute white fox in the middle)
DSCN0762_zps41a38e39.jpg

I miss pokemon

RTJ2 is my favourite album of the year. Or You're Dead! Can't really decide.

Must admit both are very good albums. For me Laura Mvula's re-recording of her first album at Abby Road edges You're Dead! as album of the year for me.

Well, no pics, but I bought my brother a very nice hoodie, an Express Mens Lambs wool sweater, an Abercrombie & Fitch sweater, and an Old Navy button down shirt. Pretty pricey stuff, but he'll like it.

Today turned out to be an expensive day:

iphone-6-silver.jpg

We grabbed two (non-Plus): one space grey, one silver. Both 64gb models. Got a good deal on them, and a competitive joint account so we both share the data on the plan. My girlfriend needed a new phone and provider anyway, so this was a helpful way to get it. Moving from my old plain 4 to this display will take some getting used to, as well as having the lock button on the side.

Oh, and the final Christmas gift arrived (along with an expansion set):

444.jpg

Back