Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,677 comments
This:

iu

Because we have snow! I bought the exact same model and colour. :D

Wife backed a 128 Oz ukeg from growlerwerks.com for me.
And I treated myself to a gpro.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1419548554474.jpg
    FB_IMG_1419548554474.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20141221_142637.jpg
    20141221_142637.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
TB
Seiko Stainless Steel Solar Watch

I went shopping with my wife yesterday and found this watch at the mall for 25% off of $350 ($262.50). While I thought about if I wanted it or not, I did a search for it and found it on Amazon for $180.56. For $80 more, I couldn't justify buying it in the store. Should be here on, give or take, Tuesday.
Goes to show that it's worthwhile checking around before you buy the more expensive goods. 80 euros is almost a full shopping cart at the supermarket.

duvel.jpg
X5

Want to play FH2 tonight when the family is in bed, already set up my CSR, feel like getting drunk! :)

TB
Also, I needed work boots to replace my Dewalts so last week while we were in Minneapolis I stopped in to a store in the MOA and found some Wolverine Rory boots.

r7pPzYr.jpg

Wore them for a few hours yesterday and they we're pretty comfortable right out of the box. Now to see how long they last...
I'll give you a warning with Wolverine boots. From my personal experience with them, they don't last long at all. My father used to buy them all the time for work, and they were lucky to last up to 6 months without falling apart. They do have good customer service and will replace them, however. The thing that I find odd is that they (Wolverine) own the rights to make the CAT (Caterpillar) boots and shoes, and those things last forever. My dad had to replace a pair of his CATs that he wore for about 10 years a couple years ago, and the replacement still is in really good shape after those two years.

I'll give you a warning with Wolverine boots. From my personal experience with them, they don't last long at all. My father used to buy them all the time for work, and they were lucky to last up to 6 months without falling apart.
Guess I better hang on to that receipt, then! :scared:

My most recent purchases:

71M-8aEC6vL._SL1500_.jpg

Casebase glass protection for my OnePlus One. Good stuff, really. Doesn't feel like there's anything on the screen at all. The glass plate took a nasty hit that would've probably damaged the screen without it yesterday, so I ordered another pair to replace the damaged one. 10/10, did buy again :lol:

51NO8VjYLJL.jpg

Some retailers started selling Old Spice around here. I love their Hawkridge scent and so does my girlfriend. Can't argue at that price point and it's nice to have something beside my usual fragrance. Said retailers don't have the after shave, though, only the body spray. Had to order it on Amazon.

41Fh3OJlamL.jpg

Two dehumidifiers for my car. Thing's getting awfully foggy in cold weather so these should help. Got myself two so I can switch them around; one in the car, one drying in the apartment.

81lVYmrKQhL._SL1500_.jpg

Treated myself to this little bugger as well. A nice micro RC drone. Quite fun to buzz around with. Gets old pretty fast, though, unless there are some friends around. Still, a good purchase:tup:

Upgraded from a 770 to this beast. Well worth it. Can max out project cars now on a single screen at 1080p. The 770 will be on ebay soon. Also got a SSD that day and a Samsung Galaxy S5. It was a good day.

Attachments

• NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-970-angle.jpg
    NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-970-angle.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Well I've got a little tired of the PS4. I recently got Shadow of Mordor for it and after 30 minutes gameplay I couldn't be bothered to play it anymore. I've also got so frustrated by the realistic and dull look of games.

I miss bright and colourful with addictive and fun gameplay. So picked these...

image.jpg

Last edited:
9781845842215_Z.jpg

I call it "The Big Book of Kaz"

Love that book allot. Alex Gorodji is very knowledgeable when it comes to Skylines. The details found in that book, you would not see no where else. Fun fact: Alex converted a R33 and R34 to LHD. Book of Sakurai, Watanabe, Itoh, and Mizuno. Enjoy the read.

I'm joining the dashcam community.
Which model is that, do you like it and does have good quality recording, etc.? I hope to be able to get a proper dashcam sooner or later, mostly in a hope of bringing the (insanely high) insurance rates for me down. :D:tup:

20141230_183802~2.jpg
Revell Ferrari F 430 and Enzo 1 24 model kits (£15)
And the revs keep rising by Mel Nichols (£4)
Ayrton Senna a personal tribute by Keith Sutton (£8)
Formula 1 treasures (£13)

I cannot recommend Formula 1 treasures enough. Gives a history of GP racing and is also full of replicas of official documents and letters (including Stirling Moss's Maserati) and other things like race brochures and posters. Very nice buy.

Which model is that, do you like it and does have good quality recording, etc.? I hope to be able to get a proper dashcam sooner or later, mostly in a hope of bringing the (insanely high) insurance rates for me down. :D:tup:
It's the model Blackvue DR500 HD, 1920x1080 at 30fps (one of the better quality on the market the seller said :P)
Comes around 220€, most other Blackvue models are 300+€ but all have GPS aswell, I don't need that.

I hope you have better luck with it than I had with mine.
How so?

Back