Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,677 comments
It's the model Blackvue DR500 HD, 1920x1080 at 30fps (one of the better quality on the market the seller said :P)
Comes around 220€, most other Blackvue models are 300+€ but all have GPS aswell, I don't need that.

How so?
i had the DR3500. There were a lot of issues with this blackvue. It seems that I'm not the only one having issues with Blackvue. That's what I have been told on dashcamtalk.

I think I'm going to get the Mobius and the new 0806 or the Panorama X1

i had the DR3500. There were a lot of issues with this blackvue. It seems that I'm not the only one having issues with Blackvue. That's what I have been told on dashcamtalk.

I think I'm going to get the Mobius and the new 0806 or the Panorama X1
I doubted between this one and Mobius. Heard good and bad things about both. The looks gave blackvue the upper hand :)

20141230_154036_HDR.jpg

Trying to make my car look like this for the winter.
14342453603_a25fdb13a9_z.jpg

I ordered the black magnetic stone guards, but couldn't find the right mudflaps. Rallyarmor cost too much, have a logo on them, and are only available in four packs. Not cool.

Also got an expensive rear wiper blade from the dealership, because of course MINI BMW would make it a non-standard size you can't get anywhere else.

Also got an expensive rear wiper blade from the dealership, because of course MINI BMW would make it a non-standard size you can't get anywhere else.

Are the blades refillable? Is there just an insert that you can buy and replace on the blade?

My windshield wipers uses replaceable/refillable inserts that you can buy from BMW. The left and the right side wipers are of different lengths, but uses the same part number; you have to get the full length insert, and cut it to fit the shorter blade.

Or you could buy the blade as a whole, which is much more expensive. Doesn't help the fact that the wipers blade mounts are proprietary. Supposedly the proprietary design was better (I don't know why?), but it also meant you could only really source it from BMW.

Those Germans.

I doubted between this one and Mobius. Heard good and bad things about both. The looks gave blackvue the upper hand :)
Can you tell me more about the "bad" things you heard about the Mobius? I heard nothing but good things about it.

uwdashcam (Ben Thaenz) is going to be reseller of the new mini 0806. His first batch will be arriving at the end of Januari.

Can you tell me more about the "bad" things you heard about the Mobius? I heard nothing but good things about it.

uwdashcam (Ben Thaenz) is going to be reseller of the new mini 0806. His first batch will be arriving at the end of Januari.
I just checked out the forum dashcamtalk, both brands had some users with various issues (I know you can't go with what 1 person says about it).
But my mind was made up, the choice of brands is just way too high, I just went for the one that seemed good in price/quality.

I just checked out the forum dashcamtalk, both brands had some users with various issues (I know you can't go with what 1 person says about it).
But my mind was made up, the choice of brands is just way too high, I just went for the one that seemed good in price/quality.
User reviews have always to be taken with a grain of salt.
Whereas "official" reviews can be subjective or biased or not made from a user point of view, reading user reviews can reveal some problems/issues you were unaware of, but bearing in mind that usually people only review a product when there's something wrong with it, and they're not usually representative of the product itself most of the times.

Is it not just easier to stick and old Android phone on a dash mount and use that as a dash cam?
I use a beat up GoPro1 that was given to me a while back. Works just fine for basic recording in daylight, license plates on other vehicles are visible, don't need much more for now. 👍

The only issue I had with a GoPro was battery life. I was getting just under an hour at reasonable quality. That said, I never thought to use my USB plug to charge it because it meant taking it out of the case, which under my circumstances on a bike was not wise.

In the car these days I use my old HTC with an 8GB card as a dash cam and then delete any unnecessary footage after a few days. Not that I drive a lot, truth be told, but I can't get a decent mount for my scooter.

What I bought at Target today:

• MegaMetagross box
• 5 packs of Phantom Forces
• socks - really needed some
• bath towel (not in the photo, I forgot to add it)
• hot chocolate (not in photo)
• Nestle 5lb assorted mini-chocolate bag (not in photo)
• 5 pack Sharpie Pens
• 8 pack thick sharpie markers
• 20 pack of AA Batteries
• Litleo plush
• Tyrunt plush

DSCN0766_zpsa3097bca.jpg

I ordered some stuff for my grill. A charcoal starter chimney, two tarps, an eight-pack of mini bungee cords, and a meat marinade injector. The tarps are for both my grills. The gas grill's cover is worn out and tarps are cheaper and more durable. The bungee cords are to strap them down. The injector is because I can brine my meats due to the sodium issues, but I can go straight to the source. Mrs. Dash makes some great sodium-free marinades that will work out wonderfully.

Oh, and I got 3lbs of original Lemonheads. I love Lemonheads, but the small ones suck compared to the big ones.

image.jpg

And the tarp looks to be working. I doubled it over and lashed it down on the sides and front. Full coverage from above, but not enough lower coverage for opossums and raccoons to hide under it.

image.jpg

Back