Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,677 comments
$_57.JPG

:D Been hovering over these for a while and decided to take the punt. Just wish there was a larger selection as I really want to find a Initial D spec SILEIGHTY one day.

20150102_164204.jpg
got a few things for my camera- a wireless remote shutter (works great), spare battery (haven't used yet) and an AMG lanyard that is taking the place of the shoulder strap because it was too big and ugly.

@ildd Are you using the lanyard to replace the camera strap? I'd be careful with that if so, I wouldn't trust my camera to something so thin.

@ildd Are you using the lanyard to replace the camera strap? I'd be careful with that if so, I wouldn't trust my camera to something so thin.
Yes. I agree with you to a point, but I have the gift of very rarely dropping anything. I may wrap it around my arm instead of hanging it on my neck instead. It's a "last resort" thing anyways. I'm using two hands (one on the side and one underneath) so unless someone tries to knock it out of my hands, I think I'll be fine.

I pulled on it a bit and it didn't give, so in the case of a slip it should support the 4lb or so.

@ildd I almost always wrap it around my wrist as well, but I know many people just put it around their necks. Just be careful if you put a heavier piece of glass on your camera.

As a side note, I usually wear one particular camera around neck because the strap I bought for it is really comfortable. :lol:

Lanyard will hold the camera. Problem is wearing it for any periods of time would be really uncomfortable.

Lanyard will hold the camera. Problem is wearing it for any periods of time would be really uncomfortable.
Yep, it isn't the most comfy of things but I don't plan on actually wearing it- just keeping it there in the unusual case of it not being held in my hands.

@Crash Probably won't be much of an issue in this case since he said that he just wraps it around his wrist.

The strap on the AE-1 I was using was awful for that though, since it had a little thing for storing rolls of film on it and was uncomfortable to hold like that.

@ildd if you're looking for comfy and long lasting camera strap then consider a Gordys leather strap. I have a dedicated leather wirst strap for my Fuji and it's the best thing I did.

$_57.JPG

:D Been hovering over these for a while and decided to take the punt. Just wish there was a larger selection as I really want to find a Initial D spec SILEIGHTY one day.

Man after my own heart, Mako and Sayuki. <3 Love that Sil-80, one of the best cars in the entire series imo.

Oh yes, a flimsy USB stick that'll recover my newly aquired Windows 8.1 computer
16161309025_39536791ed_c.jpg

...and almost a month later after it shipped this arrived....good thing I've had my PS4 console for almost 2 weeks now

9715101cv2d.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Menards had their annual "15% off all the stuff you can fit in a paper bag" sale, so I picked up this:

Filled the rest of the bag with ~$100 worth of random tools etc that I needed. The pump was the major purchase.

@Mike Rotch do you have it already? How are the mechanics on it? Smooth or stiff? Feeling-wise must be cool, I love all-metal lenses. Have a few Minolta and Nikon old-school 50mm lenses at home and absolutely love them.

@Mike Rotch do you have it already? How are the mechanics on it? Smooth or stiff? Feeling-wise must be cool, I love all-metal lenses. Have a few Minolta and Nikon old-school 50mm lenses at home and absolutely love them.
Just ordered it. I have a Helios 44m and Jupiter-9 which are both Russian and are utterly awesome in hand. I think the J-9 weights ~400g :lol:. It's my favourite lens by a country mile.

My little torch is retina scarring bright
High
IMG_20150105_214703.jpg

Low
IMG_20150105_214708.jpg

I cant get a good picture on my phone since there is not much light for the without test

But it is over 30,000lx

Last edited:
Bought a Doro comfort 3000 telephone for my father. He has hearing problems.

We've bought a Doro phone for my mother in-law and she loves it, easy to use and hear. She tried an iPhone but with her had issues she couldnt use the touchscreen without causing her discomfort.

Wow! How much did you pay for it? Seems like it won't be cheap to own one of those.

Buy it now is $50, but I got it for about $28 with the action
I also got a USB 2x18650 battery charger for about $17
4x18650 batteries for $13

So about $60 in total

Back