Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,681 comments
Another "used game buy" for 26 Euro. Together with Mordor`s Shadow this will keep me PS4 busy for months...
$_57.JPG

View attachment 346479

Just grabbed them, don't know when they went on sale up here. Decided on non-IMAX on account of there being no good seats left. Can't wait! :D

View attachment 346480
View attachment 346487
View attachment 346486

Weather's getting warmer, so I'm sticking to this plan of exercising more. Went for the first run last week, easing into things. It was only about 5 degrees out, I wore them barefoot, and only did about 3.5km. Still waiting for the backs of my ankles to heal, but did get most of the blood washed out. This week I've stuck to the building's gym. :lol:
Those Roshes aren't the best for running. The heel strike is primarily the reason why. They also don't have much absorbtion since the sole is so hard.

Sick and tired that my Garmin Nuvi doesn't recognize the new highways and steers me onto wrong direction toll roads + that they have the nerve to charge me 100 bucks to have the bloody maps updated so:

41ewSmifBRL._SX300_.jpg

n98371707Qi76646366wZc2.jpg

Thanks Google maps!

My weight lifting is coming along nicely, but I gotta step up my game in terms of cardio. Since I find running and cycling way too boring, I went ahead and ordered two pairs of fighting gloves and a pair of punch mitts. Gonna split the bill with a close friend of mine and we'll start doing some boxing next week. Been a while since I've last done that (about seven years, I think), so it's gonna be quite the workout. My technique's never been any good to being with (picked up boxing in school at a regular gym to excercise and the instructors weren't proper boxing trainers, either) and it's gone to hell entirely in the meantime.

Should still be sufficient to get the basics down and work up a sweat, though 👍

ukM1Aj3.jpg

And yeah, they're just light fighting gloves, not proper boxing gloves. Said friend of mine and I've made the decision to start out light and maybe upgrade to 10oz boxing gloves sometime in the future.

What a horrid product artificial salt.
And do you really need 30oz of fake salt?
It is not artificial or fake salt, unless you think potassium is a fake salt.

Technically, it is a real salt as it is potassium-based, which is in the class of salts (think electrolytes), along with sodium and magnesium. There is nothing artificial about it. A serving size is 1/6th of a teaspoon, which is equivalent to the potassium you would find in a potato or banana.

Due to heart failure I am on a low sodium diet. I am limited to 1,500mg-2,000mg a day. That is less than one teaspoon of sodium chloride (table salt).

I get that much because it is about $3.50 a bottle, or I can buy a dozen for $15.99. Plus, due to my dietary restrictions I create all my own seasonings. I currently have salt and vinegar powder, chili-lime seasoning, buffalo rub, taco seasoning, chili seasoning, and seasoned salt in my spice cabinet. You fill that many spice jars with homemade mixes and you get into tablespoons of salt at a time. If I take a day just to refill all my seasoning mixes I will use an entire bottle in one day.

And because I also take diuretics for my heart failure, to drain the excess fluid that can build up, my blood tests regularly show low potassium, which is dangerous. I even take prescription strength potassium chloride supplements.

Ultimately, it is important to know that it is by necessity, not choice.

they have the nerve to charge me 100 bucks to have the bloody maps updated
That's exactly the reason why when my dad was looking for a GPS, I ordered one that has lifetime map updates for free. If memory serves, it was only about $30 more than the "normal" version.

TB
That's exactly the reason why when my dad was looking for a GPS, I ordered one that has lifetime map updates for free. If memory serves, it was only about $30 more than the "normal" version.
Yeah i got mine as a present from my folks when i immigrated to Spain. Not something one would think about when buying a GPS, but another way to get into your wallet afterwards.

When it send me on a toll road outside Malaga into the wrong direction (had to do a detour of 60km's and pay for it also), that was the final straw.

Luckily there's google now :)

I actually considered these a few weeks ago, but ended up not taking the plunge after reading a few reviews regarding sound quality, especially the fact about how the surround is simulated (poorly, from what I gathered).

Regardless, it would be cool if you could post your impressions on it, since reviews can be deceiving.

Re-map updates

The other day, I was using my phone GPS to get to a place near downtown. I took an exit onto a newly opened stretch of highway that wasn't in the GPS system yet. It showed me going the opposite way, initially way off the highway, but it correctly showed the curve I was on and ended up crossing over three different roads that no longer exists :lol:

The amiibo second-market is crazy. Some crazy person is selling a Ness amiibo for $379 USD.
It is beyond a joke at this point! Getting anyone of them that isn't Mario, Peach or Pikachu is absolutely brutal. I buy the ones I really like but they are proving difficult. I've been pretty lucky so far though. I have: Sonic, Little Mac, Kirby and Fox. Also pre-ordered Splatoon girl inkling and Dark Pit up there.

Would love to add a Lucina and Pac-Man too. Oh, and Mega Man. Possibly Charizard. Greninja is cool too. Palutena is also great. GODDAMN THESE ADDICTIVE THINGS.

Little recognizable things make you want to possess them all. It's some thing that flip a switch in some part of our brain.

I know a guy who's hunting amiibos to resell on the sceond market. Hate guys like him, but I hate the people who pay their prices even more.

3DBOX_RAPTOR_HS30_LABEL_r.png

An upgrade from:
I actually considered these a few weeks ago, but ended up not taking the plunge after reading a few reviews regarding sound quality, especially the fact about how the surround is simulated (poorly, from what I gathered).

Regardless, it would be cool if you could post your impressions on it, since reviews can be deceiving.
I had those until I upgraded to £60 Sennheisers 2 weeks ago. They are pretty good for the money.

I’ve been searching high and low for a pancake 35mm lens that is compact (including Nex adapter) for as little dime as possible. My I-69 28mm has spoiled me rotten. The Fujian is awesome but I want a ‘normal’ 35mm too.

Anyway, after finding zilch in the just about every conceivable mount, @35mm unintentionally put me on to M-mounts. As I already have an adapter for the I-69…

Voigtländer Color Skopar 35mm f/2.5
hqdefault.jpg

(not my pic)

Last edited:
A few things sitting in my Amazon cart which will be purchased in the coming days.

A badass camera bag.

61M6iuuGw3L._SL1001_.jpg

61GshgvbXCL._SL1001_.jpg

A giant knife for a giant hike I have coming for the summer. I bought it because it's basically absurd too lol.

large_253_Cold-Steel-GI-Tanto-80PGTK-03.jpg

81sVXv0XaqL._SL1500_.jpg

Beerz

To be honest, compared to what I'm used to, these are brilliant. Sound seems pretty good, not amazing, but good for the price, and they are extremely comfortable which is nice. Quality seems very good, and the mic seems absolutely fine, my friend seems happy with the quality of voice etc. and it cuts out outside noise well. Which is bad news sometimes, as people keep sneaking up behind me....

I'd recommend them, or maybe the 7.1 version for a little bit more. But they didn't have the 7.1 versions at the store...

The amiibo second-market is crazy. Some crazy person is selling a Ness amiibo for $379 USD.

Oh crap, that one is precisely the one my brother is after. I don't think he'll pay that ammount for it, it's indeed crazy!

Back