Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,629 comments
:drool:👍
That just looks amazing, so how much or how and where did you get it? Is it better compared to your old 360? Oh yeah, if you don't want your old 360, can you ship it here to me please? :D

Well Muza...it was free, since I won a contest that Pepsi was organizing here. And yes, it very cool alright.
I still need my old XBOX 360, because I´m often at two houses (my GF and mine)...this way one can stay there, and one here at my house.

Well Muza...it was free, since I won a contest that Pepsi was organizing here. And yes, it very cool alright.
I still need my old XBOX 360, because I´m often at two houses (my GF and mine)...this way one can stay there, and one here at my house.
Aaaaaaawwwwwww...... :(
Never mind, I still have my PSP. :P But still too poor to buy a next gen console. Just need to wait till next year......

I rarely buy DVDs these days, but had to pick this up today (not yet out on Blu-ray) as I caught some of the series when it was on TV, but missed a few episodes...

51JsGfXuJhL._SS500_.jpg

.....regards

Scaff

I should also mention they are stupidly expensive. When I first got them they were $700! But the insurance covered most of it since we had good insurance and I have an astigmatism which causes light to bother me. I got new lens this year and they were $200 with the mirror finish on them, anti-reflective backing, and polarisation, and I had to pay for them this time.

If you drive a lot, which it sounds like you do, a good pair of sunglasses is a must.

Hmm, I have a very mild astigmatism (originally only needed to wear glasses when reading to reduce strain) that has made its self slightly more annoying over the years. I hope contacts don't run me too much, as I have about 5 pairs of nice sunglasses I'd like to hold onto.

It's only sunny half the time in the mountains. ;)

But wow, 700 bucks, screw that, I'd rather buy a racing seat or something. (which is going to run me less than that anyway)

Get some decent contrast lenses; they make a world of difference with areas that have lots of indirect lighting.

My eye doctor told me I couldn't get contacts, but that was a couple years ago so who knows what's come out since then. I've wore glasses since I was 7 so it's not really a huge deal for me.

===

Anyways stuff I bought! First this 5.5" hand casted pewter figure of Sir Gawain. Seemed fitting since that's what my car has been dubbed. I think it's really cool and it was only $50.

P7190086.jpg

And the "Tater's of the Lost Ark" Indiana Jone's Mr. Potato head. I have looked everywhere for this!

P7190087.jpg

Sideways smirk and all. Nice. :lol:👍

I might have to add that one to my collection.

I was sick of all the wires hanging around my desk so i thought it was about time to sort it out.

Enter:

Wireless Mighty Mouse
indextop20070807dg9.jpg

And...

Wireless Keyboard
wireless120070813fu7.jpg

and while I was looking around I decided I needed 1TB of external storage goodness, so decided to grab a Western Digital My Book Studio Edition for all those samples and photographs I have.
wdfmybookstudio1qdn4.jpg

^Nice keyboard, I do love the Apple Thin keyboards, I've got the wired one myself. Would have grabbed the wireless one, but the lack of a numpad put me off. :(

Yeah, it's too bad Apple don't have a full sized wireless keyboard. I'm not too keen on the lack of a numpad and I believe it doesn't have the extra USB ports on it?

Mm yeah, the wireless one has a power button in place of the USB ports on the wired one.
Continuing the theme of Apple hardware...

airportextreme.jpg

Airport Extreme. Figured I should finally get a wireless router and un-tether my Macbook Pro. :P

^Nice keyboard, I do love the Apple Thin keyboards, I've got the wired one myself. Would have grabbed the wireless one, but the lack of a numpad put me off. :(

TBH I'm not a big user of the numpad so I'm not missing it, but because I've got quite big hands, I find typing on the KB allot faster than the other. for me this is just computing bliss.

Yeah, it's too bad Apple don't have a full sized wireless keyboard. I'm not too keen on the lack of a numpad and I believe it doesn't have the extra USB ports on it?

Doesn't have any USB ports but since switching to this set up I have now freed up all but one of the USB ports on the back so in fact I've gained a USB port instead of loosing one. The thing that is worrying me is the battery life, but I will soon see what its like, its not like its a gaming rig thats going to get hammered.

Mm yeah, the wireless one has a power button in place of the USB ports on the wired one.
Continuing the theme of Apple hardware...

airportextreme.jpg

Airport Extreme. Figured I should finally get a wireless router and un-tether my Macbook Pro. :P

We have been thinking of going for an Apple Router for the home, I guess I will have to see what happens.

Some more images of the stuff in situ on my desk.

Keyboard
keyvg8.jpg

Mouse
mousehr1.jpg

HDD
hdvs1.jpg

The HDD is making an improved impact on my workflow already, as I've got my whole 40gb I-tunes Library and 40gb worth of music samples for my music work and over 10gb worth of other stuff and I've not even scratched the surface of the storage capacity so plenty of room to expand, and with it having USB 2.0, Firewire 400 & 800 plus eSATA its pretty versatile, and I use obviously FW 800 and I've got Photoshop using it as a scratchdisk too. wicked stuff.

The whole lot
deskdp5.jpg

Very stylish combination Sprite 👍
I bought a wired thin mac kb a while ago like Revolution.
My girlfriend was jealous, then took it away from me
Now I am stuck with her old mac kb with lots of dirty stuff inside :(

GameStop and I became good friends Friday. My local one ditched their D-bag manager for a true gamer geek, in every sense of the word.

Anyway I got:
mgs4boxartus.jpg

journal_526704.jpg

sdfghjkertyuicxvbnm.jpg

Unfortunatley my FrontMan guitar doesn't want to link with the dongle. I emailed their customer support because they don't answer their phones on the weekends.

I've finally joined the ranks of the many....lossa fun with tha Wii

Console, controller, nunchuck, wii sports
extra controller with Wii play
Extra nunchuck
TigerWoods 08

👍

Attachments

• NIN89003.jpg
    NIN89003.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 12
  • nintendo_wii_b.jpg
    nintendo_wii_b.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 13
  • wii_play_plus_manette_incluse.jpg
    wii_play_plus_manette_incluse.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 14
Just bought GT5P (got the $15 gift card from Amazon) and a pair of Nimbus 10s.

I found an extract from this album buried in my iTunes library, and was blown away by it. I rather expected the CD to be difficult to come by, but it wasn't. So I bought this:

41YXXMDB7XL._SS500_.jpg

Paid for by vouchers given to me by an online market research company. Yep, I whore my opinions for CDs.

The whole lot
deskdp5.jpg

Very nice. 👍

BTW: There seems to be quite a few Mac owners here so I'd like to get some advice. While I used to be an Apple guy starting with my first, an Apple II nearly thirty years ago, then the Mac 512 a few years after that, followed by the Mac SE, and then finally one of the authorized PowerPC clones w/Mac OS, a Power Computing PowerTower Pro. I think I got as far as OS 8.5 and then due to a lot of proprietary programs that only ran on PC, I ended up switching over to PC entirely about fifteen years ago... (although I think I still have both my Mac SE and my PowerTower boxed away somewhere in storage... and I bet they still work!) .

Well, now that Macs are using Intel chips and no longer having to run soft Windows, I'm seriously considering getting an Apple once again... although what I need is a laptop. I already have two excellent desktops, but look what recently happened to one of my laptops:

DSCN2039.jpg

No that is not a funky desktop pattern... that's liquid crystal on the move. :eek:

So having no experience at all with any of the Apple laptops, I'd really like to hear as many opinions as I can from those that do. Thanks!

Very nice. 👍

BTW: There seems to be quite a few Mac owners here so I'd like to get some advice. While I used to be an Apple guy starting with my first, an Apple II nearly thirty years ago, then the Mac 512 a few years after that, followed by the Mac SE, and then finally one of the authorized PowerPC clones w/Mac OS, a Power Computing PowerTower Pro. I think I got as far as OS 8.5 and then due to a lot of proprietary programs that only ran on PC, I ended up switching over to PC entirely about fifteen years ago... (although I think I still have both my Mac SE and my PowerTower boxed away somewhere in storage... and I bet they still work!) .

Well, now that Macs are using Intel chips and no longer having to run soft Windows, I'm seriously considering getting an Apple once again... although what I need is a laptop. I already have two excellent desktops, but look what recently happened to one of my laptops:

No that is not a funky desktop pattern... that's liquid crystal on the move. :eek:

So having no experience at all with any of the Apple laptops, I'd really like to hear as many opinions as I can from those that do. Thanks!

Even though i'm a long time Apple user (although only 20 years for me), my only experience of Mac laptops are my wife's original style ibook which she still uses for writing her book in bed.

If ibooks work as well as their desktop counterparts i would certainly recommend one. Especially when you can use bootcamp, or preferably Parallels, to run it as a XP or Vista PC laptop too. I just love the user friendliness of the Mac and its OSX, i use a Mac at work and both Mac and PC at home and find XP frustratingly over complicated to do simple stuff that i can do without thinking on my Mac.[/MACFANBOI] ;)

Not so much a purchase as a acquisition - my wife brought home a Gordon Sinclair tumbler from work similar to this one but for Zyprexa.

8824721S.jpg

It changes from purple to white when you add hot liquids and slowly goes back to purple as it cools. It'd be nice if it would work with cold drinks as well, but hey, it was free. 👍

Back