Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,629 comments
IMG_0253.jpg

Red Bull hats, mine are in different colors and some are in different styles, but you get the idea.

Picking it up in a couple days but here's my new daily driver. Wanted something comfortable to drive around in and something with a back seat that doesn't require me to fold a seat down. I'm always out with friends and I need the extra space, plus I think I'm going to invest in a roof rack so I can carry my bike around with me. I think I'll enjoy it:

7386063471245730785im1mey3.jpg

7367382468245730785im10hv3.jpg

so what do you think?

BMW

+

fuji01wc0.jpg

=

WIN!?

UEFA%20EURO%202008.jpg

I needed a new game, I'm bored with everything else I've got.

Right now I'm searching for car clothes, but I'm not having much luck.

Finally joining the club

snips pic of ps3*

and a 52" samsung 7 series

snips pic*

I would grab a pic but its on a ghetto old coffee table right now because im still in search of a TV stand

Here it is. Also, the latest purchase would be the tv table,whats on screen, a dualshock3, and a monster hdmi hidden in the back

dsc0062wx5.jpg

This.....

bb.jpg

...and because I am very foolish and should never have part exchanged it, this....

41yq6XjiYfL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

...Game of the Year edition, so I have the four new maps as well.

Regards

Scaff

Very nice bike indeed, how much did you pay for it? Seeing the wide rims and the frame, this bike seems an excellent timetrial bike 👍 Just don't forget investing in gears and brakes before you take it out for a ride :lol: Do you cycle often?

Here's my bike, it's not the most professional and expensive bike, but it does get me up to 80 km/h on a downhill alright 👍 We definitly need a cycling thread, incase we haven't got one already... And, what?! No Tour de France thread yet?! :grumpy:

bilde072ej8.jpg

Paid my order from the Silence-Lotto cycling team yesterday, I should come back from Belgium after two weeks with their latest outfit 👍 I can't wait to climb the mountains in those pink-red-grey colours :D

On that, ever since our previous cat was shot (Who does such things?!) my sister wanted a new one. Our previous cat was only 1.5 years old, and since I like cats as well, along with everybody in the house, we're getting a new one once we come back from our Belgian trip 👍

bilde074dc9.jpg

Awww, isn't that cute? :dopey:

I think even my mechanically ineptitude can handle this, although as of right now I don't know even how to do it. But the guy from M7 e-mailed me and said it's not hard as long as I have a 14mm socket and a torque wrench that will register up to 25 lb.ft.
Get a 14mm socket and the ratchet that fits in the back of it. Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty (counterclockwise to loosen, clockwise to tighten). If it's too tight to loosen by hand, whack the ratchet with a hammer. Take the nuts off and set them aside. Place the plate on however it's instructed and then screw the bolts on with your fingers until you need the ratchet to go any further. Twenty-five foot pounds is not very much torque, and you'll easily be able to do that by giving the ratchet a good crank.

Problem solved.

Get a 14mm socket and the ratchet that fits in the back of it. Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty (counterclockwise to loosen, clockwise to tighten). If it's too tight to loosen by hand, whack the ratchet with a hammer. Take the nuts off and set them aside. Place the plate on however it's instructed and then screw the bolts on with your fingers until you need the ratchet to go any further. Twenty-five foot pounds is not very much torque, and you'll easily be able to do that by giving the ratchet a good crank.

Problem solved.
I should also mention that 25 ft lb isn't that important to need to torque wrench. Just make sure it's good and tight, give the ratchet a good crank like keef said, and that should be enough. Just don't tighten it as hard as you possibly can.

So lately on FX I've been watching the second season of Dexter. There are parts however when I think "Erm... What the hell?". These parts are usually flashbacks from the first season, so to cure my lack of knowlege of the programme..

dexterDVD.jpg

30 quid from HMV. (Make that 15 with a voucher!)

Meh I have a torque wrench so I might as well just put the correct specs on it. If I didn't have one that would be another story. I figured putting the plate on wouldn't be all that hard.

Here it is. Also, the latest purchase would be the tv table,whats on screen, a dualshock3, and a monster hdmi hidden in the back

dsc0062wx5.jpg

That looks awesome! The color goes great with everything you have already. :cheers: I bet its nice having a couple of small drawers too. How much did that set you back? :scared:

Very nice!

thanks, FABR!

Sweet bike up there!

Just got me something a little lower scale...

101-27.jpg

Not too bad for zero dollars and zero cents though...

nice, I love Bianchi! Definitely a hell of a deal for what you paid....or rather didn't pay for it. Looks like it could use a little TLC and it should be just as good as new. How did you come across it?

Very nice bike indeed, how much did you pay for it? Seeing the wide rims and the frame, this bike seems an excellent timetrial bike 👍 Just don't forget investing in gears and brakes before you take it out for a ride :lol: Do you cycle often?

Here's my bike, it's not the most professional and expensive bike, but it does get me up to 80 km/h on a downhill alright 👍 We definitly need a cycling thread, incase we haven't got one already... And, what?! No Tour de France thread yet?! :grumpy:

bilde072ej8.jpg

Paid my order from the Silence-Lotto cycling team yesterday, I should come back from Belgium after two weeks with their latest outfit 👍 I can't wait to climb the mountains in those pink-red-grey colours :D

I actually picked it up for around $600, but they retail for around $1,300 or something I think. I just happened to know a Fuji dealer who got me an incredible deal on it. One of the perks of networking with a lot of people I guess :) I've got it up to 35mph (I think that's around 55kmh) on a flat straightaway, never clocked it going downhill though. The bike is so lightweight and fast that I just move like it's nothing, I can lift the thing with my pinky.

I really need to pick up a road bike similar to what you have for actual competitions and what not. I just do it as a hobby right now but I'd like to get into organized stuff. It's supposed to be a straight velodrome bike though but I use it for conditioning on the road. Helps me keep a good cadence since you don't have a freewheel to coast with. I do at the very least 10 miles a day on it, which isn't much but I don't have a lot of time to do it. We do a lot more when some friends and I go out but I don't have a lot of opportunities to do that. I just hurt my hand and wrist playing volleyball so I don't think I'll be getting out on it anytime soon until I heal up. :(

I like your bike though, looks like it has pretty decent geometry. It doesn't have to be the latest and greatest bike out there though, it's more about how you use it. If you're a good rider that's what really matters. How often do you get out?

nice, I love Bianchi! Definitely a hell of a deal for what you paid....or rather didn't pay for it. Looks like it could use a little TLC and it should be just as good as new. How did you come across it?

Just an uncle of mine who got it off a friend of his who was into biking, and I got it because nobody was using it. Next day off I'll be cleaning things up real good to see the return of that original beauty. I'm afraid it'll get stolen though. I got a decent lock but I should get rid of the quick releases so I don't have to book myself unicycle lessons.

How often do you get out?

As much as possible, but it remains a hobby for me as well though. I'm already dreaming of competitions as well, but I don't think it'll ever happen. I always tend to train on different aspects, like climbing days and straight days. However, here in Norway it's never really straight, you've always got hills on your path to get over so that makes it pretty hard to have a day with only straights. I don't try to force the distances though; if I feel like climbing, I ride downhill first, and than I climb the way back. Usually, it's 15 kilometres of constant climbing. I never tend to ride any further than 30 kilometres on a climbing day though, I don't have the nutrition needed to ride any further, and nutrition really is needed for long distances. I noticed this after my "straight-day", which was 70 kilometers long. The first 35 km were very good, an average of 30 km/h, which isn't too bad for myself considering the hills along the way I cycle. But the last 10 km made my average go down to 24-26km/h, simply because I didn't have any energy left. I was sick when I got home, headaches and whatnot. So a few more gallons of water and some energy bars really are necessary of I want to have a 100km day 👍

Because, I'm pretty bored, here is what I've purchased or got over past week or so.

TomTom One 3rd Edition 3.5" - $190 from work.
ed1315a1afc88810107e9402b134b5a8

Radiohead Boxset - $Brought for me by my girlfriend!
dsc00497zq4.jpg

Lonsdale Hoodie - $Too much

dsc00499uz7.jpg

Sportscraft purple shirt for work - $Way to much
dsc00504ob5.jpg

And ordered off Play-Asia (But yet to arrive)

images
images
images

Bought a new TV stand..

Nice glass and plenty of room for my PS3 and Head unit for stero with possible expansion for something else down the bottom..

And its a nice size for the 46" bravia X series.

TomTom One 3rd Edition 3.5" - $190 from work.

My favorite portable GPS! 👍

And ordered off Play-Asia (But yet to arrive)

images
images
images

If you are getting games through PlayAsia, did you by ny chance pick up the new MotorStorm Complete version?

I hear it is supposed to have all the add-on gamemodes, tickets, tracks and cars that sell seperately on the PSN. I have purposefully held out buying any of the add-on content for MotorStorm expecting this "Complete" version would come out by now here in the States, but so far I have not seen any indication that it will. :ouch:

If you already got it, or plan on getting it, please let me know if it does have all the extra content, as I might decide to stop waiting on an NTSC version and buying it through PlayAsia as well. Thanks!

Nah, I haven't got it yet, but I did see it and seriously consider it, however at the time it wasn't $30US or I would have picked it up for sure! I got Ratchet and Clank though instead for $30, if Motorstorm is still $30 when I buy my next round of games of Fifa 09 and MGS4 then I'll definately get it 👍

Back