Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,629 comments
Roo
Ordered from Amazon, should be arriving in the next few days:

51-mkiH3tRL._SS500_.jpg
I demand a write-up on this one!

UEFA%20EURO%202008.jpg

I needed a new game, I'm bored with everything else I've got.

Sorta wish I hadn't got this. Due to my lack of knowledge I didn't know UEFA Cup or whatever pitted Countries against each other, instead of the separate teams like Man.U and Chelsea.

Sorta wish I hadn't got this. Due to my lack of knowledge I didn't know UEFA Cup or whatever pitted Countries against each other, instead of the separate teams like Man.U and Chelsea.

It's still not all that bad, I had decent fun with it but the online became dead so I ditched it. You might want to check out Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 if it's out for the PS2. I believe that has what you are looking for.

IMG_0948.jpg

New books
So they changed the cover of the book to match the movie (Sahara)? That doesn't even make sense. Steve Zahn does not match, in any way whatsoever, the description of Al Giordino from the books. He works in the movie, but when you read the book about the Italian descended football defensive lineman and then look at the cover you will just get all kinds of confused.

I hope they didn't change the book any other way to match the movie. A Clive Cussler book without at least one scene of deus ex machina, featuring Clive Cussler himself, would not be a Clive Cussler book. That and the story of the movie left out one very, very, very important detail. Finding that boat had zero to do with treasure. The coin was just the clue to finding the boat.

I havent read the book yet, but I have read many of Clives other and loved them, I like the movie as well. Also, the Cola isnt in the states yet, but it is awesome!!!

Were on sale for a somewhat sane price, so figured might as well see if they are as amazing as people claim...

PGI.jpg

And so far they have proven to be pretty damn nice is less than clear skies - the huge contrast boost is quite nice.

Today I received a new XBOX 360, thanks to PEPSI. I decided to share with U guys:)

Hey Congrats! Those are probably worth a bit on ebay! you could probably sell it and buy a normal one with loads of games but I would personally keep that one.

Robin​

Hey Congrats! Those are probably worth a bit on ebay! you could probably sell it and buy a normal one with loads of games but I would personally keep that one.

Robin

I already have a "normal" one mate, a 20 GB version (see photo nr 3).

I will keep both consoles...for now...but if I sell one of them, of course it will be the 20 GB.

Thanks guys, glad U like it:)

So they changed the cover of the book to match the movie (Sahara)? That doesn't even make sense. Steve Zahn does not match, in any way whatsoever, the description of Al Giordino from the books. He works in the movie, but when you read the book about the Italian descended football defensive lineman and then look at the cover you will just get all kinds of confused.

I hope they didn't change the book any other way to match the movie. A Clive Cussler book without at least one scene of deus ex machina, featuring Clive Cussler himself, would not be a Clive Cussler book. That and the story of the movie left out one very, very, very important detail. Finding that boat had zero to do with treasure. The coin was just the clue to finding the boat.

It's been a few years since I read Sahara, but they missed quite a few things in the movie that the book had. Like meeting Cussler. And the Cord L-29. And, if I recall correctly, most of the boat chase up the river.

20gunpack.jpg

blew the turbo seals in the ct26, so i just need to wait for this to get off backorder and it'll be at my house in time...this month hopefully:dopey:
ATS Racing TD06 20G turbo kit with 38mm ewg:)

Were on sale for a somewhat sane price, so figured might as well see if they are as amazing as people claim...

PGI.jpg

And so far they have proven to be pretty damn nice is less than clear skies - the huge contrast boost is quite nice.
This kind of stuff makes me feel crappy about having to wear glasses to see.

I can't afford contacts.

That's cool but then again I look weird in sunglasses anyway.

I should also mention they are stupidly expensive. When I first got them they were $700! But the insurance covered most of it since we had good insurance and I have an astigmatism which causes light to bother me. I got new lens this year and they were $200 with the mirror finish on them, anti-reflective backing, and polarisation, and I had to pay for them this time.

If you drive a lot, which it sounds like you do, a good pair of sunglasses is a must.

I should also mention they are stupidly expensive. When I first got them they were $700! But the insurance covered most of it since we had good insurance and I have an astigmatism which causes light to bother me. I got new lens this year and they were $200 with the mirror finish on them, anti-reflective backing, and polarisation, and I had to pay for them this time.

If you drive a lot, which it sounds like you do, a good pair of sunglasses is a must.
It's only sunny half the time in the mountains. ;)

But wow, 700 bucks, screw that, I'd rather buy a racing seat or something. (which is going to run me less than that anyway)

Today I received a new XBOX 360, thanks to PEPSI. I decided to share with U guys:)

:drool:👍
That just looks amazing, so how much or how and where did you get it? Is it better compared to your old 360? Oh yeah, if you don't want your old 360, can you ship it here to me please? :D

It's been a few years since I read Sahara, but they missed quite a few things in the movie that the book had. Like meeting Cussler. And the Cord L-29. And, if I recall correctly, most of the boat chase up the river.
To me the biggest thing left out of the movie was that they missed the importance of the Confederate ship. It was never about what was on the ship, but Who.

Clive Cussler is big on making a point about the importance of discovering lost ships. He runs his own organization and has probably found more shipwrecks than any modern day treasure hunter. He never takes anything away from the site, other than the ability to tell the final chapter in the life of that ship. No cargo is more important than the ship and the men who were on it when it sank.

The movie ignores this point, making it about treasure, and this actually made Cussler, among other things, want his name taken off the movie and led to a lawsuit because he was supposed to have final approval of the film.

Now, if you just want a fun and exciting Dirk Pitt buddy film adventure, the movie works well. But if you understand Clive Cussler's love for history, the sea, and cars you will find it lacking. I enjoy the movie, own it in fact, and while I can see it as a Dirk Pitt adventure, I do not see it as a Cussler story.

But this isn't the movie thread. So, I'll be quiet now.

NTX1982, nice win! I got my original XBox from Mt. Dew and have been trying for a 360 in every contest they've had. A friend of mine won the contest from before they went on sale. I'm glad I didn't win that one though, because he is on his seventh console due to RROD.

Back