Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,677 comments
IMG_20151215_161216443.jpg

$90. American release collection is complete now though.

TB
Talk me down thread does its job once again! :P

Has it ever? :lol:

What is a coffee tamper and why is that not a shift knob

It flattens/compresses the freshly ground coffee into the filter basket.

It could also quite possibly double up as a shift knob depending on the thread size.

@Shaun that's a nice tamper. 58mm?

58.43mm to be precise, it's machined to fit your filter baskets with the minimal clearance.
What amazed me was I ordered it on Monday morning, a few hours later got an email saying it was being machined and about 4 hours later another email saying it was posted.

@Shaun I was having a browse of some coffee sites the other week and some Tampers are so expensive.

On a purchase note. The music keeps on coming.

Pre-Order of "Home Alone" on candy cane red and green vinyl and "Black Swan" on black 45rpm vinyl. Both from Mondo.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Biggest question, will your coffee taste better?

It helps by making the coffee compact all the way to the edge of the filter basket which stops the water taking the path of least resistance around the edges.
Thus making it more consistent so yeah it helps with flavour.

Biggest question, will your coffee taste better?

To add to @Shaun post (he'll be able to correct me if I'm wrong) as the water isn't taking the shortest route it means the heat and pressure ensures the oils from the ground is released and this produces the all important crema.

Ok another record ordered in.

This time Mobile Fidelity new master of "Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue" double LP.

It's a limited record and I needed a first pressing of this landmark album. I have an RTI Mono pressing on 180gram vinyl from Record Store Day but according to reviews this new vinyl master really hits a home run and sounds the bees knees.

image.jpeg

I've been eyeing this for a while so I finally pulled the trigger. I'm already eyeing a few other DAC's (yes that's a USB sound card).

Oh god. It's like mechanical keyboards all over again, isn't it? :eek:

71ozuLIgEKL._SX522_.jpg

71DzXWhxoQL._SY355_.jpg

Wow. USB and Thunderbolt? Not that I can take advantage of the latter without an adapter that's cool nonetheless.

How much was that if you don't mind my asking?

@Terronium-12 It was originally 600 but they don't have it for sale on the main store pages anymore (despite launching it earlier this year from the best i can tell from review articles). I stumbled on it in their warehouse deals shop for $289 so it was a no brainer.

Edit: And just reread and noticed the thunderbolt comment... I believe that's just the usb for power/charging since it's a portable device.

Last edited:
@Terronium-12 It was originally 600 but they don't have it for sale on the main store pages anymore (despite launching it earlier this year from the best i can tell from review articles). I stumbled on it in their warehouse deals shop for $289 so it was a no brainer.

Edit: And just reread and noticed the thunderbolt comment... I believe that's just the usb for power/charging since it's a portable device.

Aw. That's what I get for just looking at the symbol and not the connector port. :lol:

But yeah, that's a great deal.

Aw. That's what I get for just looking at the symbol and not the connector port. :lol:

But yeah, that's a great deal.

Yeah, I have no idea why they stopped selling it already when the reviews I read were all excellent, just like the version without optical that came before it, but I guess it worked out in my favor because when i finally decided to pull the trigger a few weeks ago i was ready to drop the 600. Glad I wandered my way to the other part of their site today after looking at some competing 5-600 dollar options.

I've been eyeing this for a while so I finally pulled the trigger. I'm already eyeing a few other DAC's (yes that's a USB sound card).

Oh god. It's like mechanical keyboards all over again, isn't it? :eek:

71ozuLIgEKL._SX522_.jpg

71DzXWhxoQL._SY355_.jpg

Speaking of mechanical keyboards, I bought my third a few weeks ago.

I just received an ACER Predator Z35 ! (Curved 21/9 monitor with G-Sync and 200 Hz refresh rate)
I think it is part of the very first retail ones as absolutely nothing can be found on the net about it except expositions show off.

PC games look amazing on that thing.

hqdefault.jpg

Nice, quite a handsome car. If Mazda offered a diesel engine mated to a manual tranny here I'd be driving one of those instead of my TDI. What do you think of the car so far?

I'm loving it. It's probably the most fun to drive of all the mid-size sedans I drove. It can feel like a boring family car, but switch it to sport mode and floor it and you'll spin tires and feel the TCS kick in. It's the only automatic transmission in the cars I was looking at that I found to be programmed for what I want. It actively works to aid in fuel efficiency in normal driving and in sports mode it adjust to focus on performance efficiency.

And if I want to take control the shiftable automatic responds how I want it to, unlike the Camry that thought about it for a few seconds and even overrode my decision a couple of times.

It feels incredibly similar to how my VW Rabbit handled and drove and has enough sportiness to scare my wife and daughter.

I'd definitely recommend this over anything else in the class and price range.

I just received an ACER Predator Z35 ! (Curved 21/9 monitor with G-Sync and 200 Hz refresh rate)
I think it is part of the very first retail ones as absolutely nothing can be found on the net about it except expositions show off.

PC games look amazing on that thing.

hqdefault.jpg

200hz!? Overkill :P

Seeing as Serpent turned 35 this year, they have decided to release some special accessories in the form of a laptop bag and a cap. They're currently only available with chassis #1 of the 35th anniversary Viper 977 Evo which is now on ebay (which has shot up from $200 to $1025 in the space of a day, with all proceeds going to charity) - however, all the team drivers have been able to pre-order their own. :D

12366429_1007354825951926_3054119528001848041_n.jpg

Back