Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,676 comments
Got tired of checking my phone to look at the time so now I can check the time to look at my phone.
AP3336AR1Y6-1.jpg

Pentax M42 extension rings
mFaZ5xxhfyxQlx-I9aTqSeA.jpg

I love extension tubes. Really allow some shallow DOF. Glass-less ones have a massive negative impact on light though so be prepared to stop your shutter or up your ISO.

So much fun to be had testing lenses, especially long lenses etc.

I love extension tubes.
👍
I bought a cheap set of rings off ebay to scan my MF stuff but they don't lock onto the lens thread properly and it makes me nervous when i'm hanging a camera vertically off the floor, hence these. These are sans focusing glass, so shouldn't add any optical interference :)

This is all @Shaun 's fault :P

Went to a semi annual camera market today chiefly to look at MF wares and came away with this:

Mamiya m645 1000s w 80/2.8 Sekor lens and metered prism

IMG_3628.jpg

Lens is mint, body is good nick too. Needs new light seals though and I will order a waist level finder :) I looked at the 67's but those are just a bit too beeeg.

Decided to bite the bullet on a pair of Swiss Barefoot Company socks. As some may know I've been wearing barefoot shoes for just of over a year now. This is everyday work, rest & play.

So my migration from a 3mm Kevlar reinforced sole to a Dyneema material toe sock seemed a natural choice before being completely barefoot on the street etc.

image.jpeg

I've also ordered a pair for the fiancée to try and toughen her feet up and eradicate some of the horrid damage women's shoes have done to her feet.

I ordered some of these for the Alfa yesterday. Used them on the Pug too - they certainly do the job.

I had them in my Volvo and Focus, they are really bright but unfortunately they burn our rather quickly. You might want to keep a spare set in your car in case they go down in the line of duty at night.

This is all @Shaun 's fault :P

Went to a semi annual camera market today chiefly to look at MF wares and came away with this:

Mamiya m645 1000s w 80/2.8 Sekor lens and metered prism

IMG_3628.jpg

Lens is mint, body is good nick too. Needs new light seals though and I will order a waist level finder :) I looked at the 67's but those are just a bit too beeeg.

Large format this time next year then?

Here's my latest purchase:
ZbpoqG6.jpg

Last edited:
Pentax M42 extension rings
Extension rings are awesome, but for what you're doing, be careful with the combinations or you'll get entirely too close!

- - - - -

Ordered a pair of compression pants, hoping it gets me more active when the weather isn't completely terrible but isn't shorts worthy, either.

41J5r7fitFL._SY400_.jpg

Hitting Taum Saux Moutain State Park in the coming week.

Buddy didn't have a proper headlamp, so I got him this.

It's gonna be dark, it's gonna be raining, it's gonna be tough. This trail isn't all that easy from what I've been reading, but might try to do it through and through which will add up to 29 miles hiked. (14.5 miles one way.)

Also, I got him a rain cover for an old pack that I have for him.

I've been burning through money. :crazy:

image.jpeg

New Mortal Kombat X poster. Bought it from Walmart for about $2. Awesome poster with a good size.

And also some new Pokemon Plushies.
image.jpeg

On the left we have a Tomy Minun Plushy and on our right we have an official Pokemon Center Zygarde 10% form plushy. Zygarde 10% is a rare one since it has yet to be sold here in America by the Pokemon Center. So where did I bought it off from? I got it off Pokevault. All of their merchandise are Japanese imports, which would obviously include the Zygarde 10% plushy.

Also I kinda like the Japanese tag designs better than the English ones IMO. Not that I would buy Japanese Pokemon Plushies because of that. Here's a comparison of Zygarde's tag with my Chesnaught's tag.
image.jpeg

Got some new headphones they are much better than I expected for $10 and they fit in my ears really well.

Panasonic RP-TCM125
$_3.JPG

I handled the Pentax 67 and its a bit of a beast. I'm not sure LF is on the agenda....yet.

Ah yes, the camera that convinced me that my D800E can actually be the compact/lightweight choice. Really great lenses though. I do want an LF setup at some point though, even more now that I've seen some of Richard Avedon's portraits with 8x10 in person, although he shot many of my favourite photos of his on 6x6.

CFD (Toshiba) CSSD-S6T256NHG6Q SSD and Western Digital WD5003AZEX HDD to replace my old HDD. About 20k yen.
DSC_0749.JPG

EDIT: And the tickets for watching Okayama GT 300km Race.

Last edited:
Forza 6 Ultimate Edition:
437000_xb1_b.png

DRIVECLUB™ Full Game & Season Pass (Already have Special Edition disc version):

Got so many digital games now, many of them are probably covered in virtual dust. :lol:

To go with the ski boots I bought earlier in the season:

And a pair of Marker Griffon bindings too. All set for next winter now!

Back