Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,676 comments
Bend test it and fail miserably. It's built that solid. Not sure if you've encountered this, but have you ran into a problem where the keyboard stops communicating after waking up from sleep?

I have not, but then I don't put my rig to sleep to begin with. :lol:

As for a recent purchase...

b9D2tWG.png

Time to get hot. Superhot.

Last edited:
Nice little kit you have there.

Manfrotto makes some damn good stuff.

It's very well built and nice and smooth (not as smooth as thier top of the line ball joint heads).

I've just ordered two spirit bubbles and double sided tape. Along with the tripod and the adapter the phone can be moved in so many ways, getting the phone dead on straight it's tricky.

Just finished up getting the supplies to finish up my CB install on my truck.

Got the antenna, spring, coax, disconnect and tuner from Right Channel Radios

HQghewU.png

And the mount from BAMF that should bolt right up to the bed and go in between the tailgate.

EZrusO0.png

Hopefully tomorrow I can finish picking up all the wood and brackets to make my sleeping platform in the bed.

I'll almost have an entry level overlanding rig before spring, or at least I hope!

I'm not a fan of bicycle helmets so I bought a ski helmet instead. I had to buy a child's size because my head is so small and this one was already on sale so I bagged it for just a few beers. Fully removable inserts and detachable ear covers.

big_e17a50e4ff0342158b0ad576c40f93ed.jpg

That's a mighty BIG!!!! big toe. :P You probably should've cropped that pic before uploading it. :lol:

Back on topic.....

I indulged myself with a NZXT HUE+ lighting kit for my pc. This is a short clip of it in action straight from my living room....

Last edited:
So I've made a mistake. Or five.

IMG_20160306_003755.jpg

• A Jamie xx "In Colour" New Era cap
  • A Ghost B.C. t-shirt (think it's the Spirit one)
  • A black metal Cal Chuchesta shirt courtesy of Famthony Famtano of theneedledrop (thnx antnee)
  • Two tickets to see Grimes live in Nottingham (in 2 days as well, SO EXCITED)
  • A vinyl copy of Oneohtrix Point Never's "Garden of Delete" (my first vinyl as well, a massively regrettable impulse purchase :lol:)

image.jpg

TWG's Macarons for 55 baht per piece.

image.jpg

2 boxes of 8 macarons from Ladurée. £2.20/125 baht per piece.

*Excuse me for the snapchat quality

Needed some new Dr Martens now that my current pair are looking worse for wear after 3 years of almost daily use. They'll still see use as a beater pair as they're so easy to put on now and are still as comfy as ever. Just need a little polish and a bit of Sugru (for the one hole on my right boot) and they'd be ready to go.

I went with cherry red 1460s this time around:
pTE0HHD.jpg

Also bought some black 1461s:
ebHX5rB.jpg

The cool thing is that they're pre-2003, so they're made in England instead of China/Thailand like my older pair. Dr Martens still have a line in England but they're marketed towards the high end of the market now, these two shoes are still less than a single pair from their current line.

So I've made a mistake. Or five.

View attachment 522531

• A Jamie xx "In Colour" New Era cap
  • A Ghost B.C. t-shirt (think it's the Spirit one)
  • A black metal Cal Chuchesta shirt courtesy of Famthony Famtano of theneedledrop (thnx antnee)
  • Two tickets to see Grimes live in Nottingham (in 2 days as well, SO EXCITED)
  • A vinyl copy of Oneohtrix Point Never's "Garden of Delete" (my first vinyl as well, a massively regrettable impulse purchase :lol:)

What a coincidence, I'm listening to him right now (Zebra from R Plus Seven). His new album is awesome.

JConcepts Mono wheels, Schumacher tyres, Schumacher inserts, Core RC shock oil, Hudy bearing oil, Azarashi Great front wing.

DSCN3652.JPG

Ordered twelve N64 cases from Stone Age Gamer:
nTfhkyM.jpg

Pretty sweet, right?

6TgjoT2.jpg

Oh, except 9 of the cases I recieved were their SNES-style ones which are useless to me:

Ae8jVhq.jpg

Update: I was thinking that I'd say screw Stone Age Gamer and just go with the cheaper Universal Game Cases, but SAG seems to be going above and beyond to make things right. They're going to send me the N64 cases I was supposed to receive, but also let me keep the SNES cases AND they gave me a full refund for the entire order. Wow.

Last edited:
Well I just got a Sony xperia Z3+ after I managed to break the touch screen on my Z3 with a spoon! Yes I did literally break my phone with a spoon. It was a big mistake the new one cost me £310

gsmarena_001.jpg

Back