Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,676 comments
TB
Only one? You make baby Jebuz cry. :(

:P

I was thinking about having a L+R setup connected to the B channel but decided to go the cheaper route.

I did find a massive box with L+R in but that was just too big, and it was 2x200w RMS. Can't hide it anywhere.

image.jpeg

Always wanted one now I got one.

Can it play Killer Instinct?
Yep sure can.

It's running Laser Disk, Atari 2600/7200, Dragon 32, Commodore 64,,Master system,Mega drive,Nes, Super Nes, Amiga, N64,PS one and Mame. All in All around 7000 games. Track ball, spinner controls, and two light guns (on roof of cab at the mo)

I happened to come into some substantial amount of cash because it's rather extravagant (for me at least).

Not the most extravagant thing I've purchased though, that's being custom built and due to arrive end of April ( I'll post pics of that when it arrives).

Hardest part was convincing the wife we needed a games room.

Picked up a set of CBI ditch light brackets and some KC Flex LED pods. After looking at some reviews, these little lights are super bright. They're made for side-by-sides but looks like a lot of people run them on their rigs too. So these, along with my front lights and my soon to be purchase LED light bar for the roof should make night turn into day.

OA4l4QC.jpg

ktxKqxw.jpg

Yep sure can.

It's running Laser Disk, Atari 2600/7200, Dragon 32, Commodore 64,,Master system,Mega drive,Nes, Super Nes, Amiga, N64,PS one and Mame. All in All around 7000 games. Track ball, spinner controls, and two light guns (on roof of cab at the mo)

I happened to come into some substantial amount of cash because it's rather extravagant (for me at least).

Not the most extravagant thing I've purchased though, that's being custom built and due to arrive end of April ( I'll post pics of that when it arrives).

Hardest part was convincing the wife we needed a games room.
Awesome, I may get one when I'm older so I can show younger generation these games in a retro way:
YgiCrMp.gif

That's if it's possible to buy such a thing then as it does seem a bit dodgy with the games they provide for free.

SONY-a-v-5-1-Vrhunski-Risiver-STR-DB-940-QS_slika_O_42376157.jpg

STR DB940QS. The same one as I already have, and this one has a defect I'm very familiar with, so I got it for almost nothing. Gonna resolder the problematic points, thus fixing it and sell it on for profit.

Fixed it. Gonna give it a testrun tomorrow in my garage, nice and loud and if it keeps working it will be for sale tomorrow evening. :D

TB
'Round these parts, we don't talk people out of things, pardner. And we don't take kindly to those that do, neither.

No, we encourage the spending of money! My wallet hurts right now.

What does the bold part even mean?:confused:

Also, @Terronium-12, only one?:P

Haven't we been over this once today? We don't ask those questions! :lol:

And, yes, only one. If I look at how much I have on PayPal... I'm just going to spend it all.

I'd imagine that would cost upwards of $400 when it first hits. I'd just buy a new monitor instead.

Which I need to do anyway.
So three 4K monitors (12K), one Pascal GP100 GPU with 12 TFlops single precision compute performance and one 12TB HDD for the T-12 rig right? :mischievous: :lol:

Think you've already got 12GB RAM so you're well on your way. :sly:

@Terronium-12, we've been expecting pictures of the new monitor for what seems like forever now. When are you going to post pics?

Been wanting to learn go since 2004...have yet to get around to it.

Inspired by Hikaru no Go, by any chance? ;)

I've been trying to learn it on and off here for a while now, but I'm still pretty much a noob at it. Not having anybody to actually play with in person doesn't help, so... yeah.

TB
'Round these parts, we don't talk people out of things, pardner.

As possibly the only non-consumer minimalist in the rumbles, I would have whole heartedly said "make do with what you have" but I doubt that would have made a difference.

As it is, when someone posts something awesome I'm like "Do it, do it, do it!". Usually reserved for old cars and nice watches.

Back