• 36,676 comments
G.T
To further extend this; didn't have the photos on hand earlier:

4q0f35.jpg

2zsr6rq.jpg

24ev7.jpg

xd8pz5.jpg
That shifter though...

Got my tax refund back and after paying off some lingering bills and putting a bit aside in our savings, I had enough left over to get the rack for my truck. Went with a Prinsu Designs one since the owner/fabricator is a member on the Tacoma forums and everyone raves about the quality of his racks. Figured he'd be worth supporting. Plus, unlike the FrontRunner rack, it wasn't $900.

Are you planning on just using that for hauling gear or are you eventually going to put a rooftop tent on there as well?

And agreed, racks are freaking expensive, and without many of people making much of them..

SilverStone TJ08-E Case (I always wanted this but ended up getting the GD08 for main PC. Bought to move current PC parts and use as second PC as couldn't be bothered to find individual boxes of the components. However tempted to use case as main PC as it is so compact):

TJ08-E-34View.jpg

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Limited World of Tank Edition (Has Intel USB 3.1 controller 👍)

2591978-l-a.jpg

Intel® Core™ i7-6700K
2574571-l-a.jpg

Kingston HyperX FURY 32 GB 2666 MHz 1.2V DDR4 CL15 Ram
71EB1xYIo0L._SL1500_.jpg

HGST Travelstar 1TB 2.5" 7K1000 SATA 3 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive (For most of Steam Library, hopefully be quieter than 3.5" drive I currently use.)

185781_2245_draft.jpg

512GB Samsung SM951, M.2 (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, MLC NAND, Read 2150MB/s, Write 1550MB/s, 300k IOPS :)
2550331-l-a.jpg

Hopefully I don't break anything and it all works.

SilverStone TJ08-E Case (I always wanted this but ended up getting the GD08 for main PC. Bought to move current PC parts and use as second PC as couldn't be bothered to find individual boxes of the components. However tempted to use case as main PC as it is so compact):

TJ08-E-34View.jpg

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Limited World of Tank Edition (Has Intel USB 3.1 controller 👍)

2591978-l-a.jpg

Intel® Core™ i7-6700K
2574571-l-a.jpg

71EB1xYIo0L._SL1500_.jpg

HGST Travelstar 1TB 2.5" 7K1000 SATA 3 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive (For most of Steam Library, hopefully be quieter than 3.5" drive I currently use.)

185781_2245_draft.jpg

512GB Samsung SM951, M.2 (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, MLC NAND, Read 2150MB/s, Write 1550MB/s, 300k IOPS :)
2550331-l-a.jpg

And How much money did you blow on this?

Are you planning on just using that for hauling gear or are you eventually going to put a rooftop tent on there as well?

And agreed, racks are freaking expensive, and without many of people making much of them..

I don't think it will support the weight of a roof top tent, plus me. I think for the most part I'll be putting gear on it that I don't want in the truck, but I do want to get an ARB awning for it.

41PzuiZB4vL.jpg

Something like that will do wonders while camping since it will provide a spot to cook, sit, etc. if the weather is bad.

TJ08-E-34View.jpg

2591978-l-a.jpg

Intel® Core™ i7-6700K
2574571-l-a.jpg

71EB1xYIo0L._SL1500_.jpg

185781_2245_draft.jpg

2550331-l-a.jpg

What about GPU?

What about GPU?
Already have GTX 970, waiting until Pascal and Polaris GPUs to come out before upgrading. I don't game much, upgrading for lower power consumption, heat and better benchmark scores (Hopefully this score should be easy to beat: Link).

Haven't played pCARS in a really long time with a wheel (Version number is probably five times higher since last time), will make at least some use of my gaming PC by taking part in the NCS and hopefully make #CuteLap a thing.

Already have GTX 970, waiting until Pascal and Polaris GPUs to come out before upgrading. I don't game much, upgrading for lower power consumption, heat and better benchmark scores (Hopefully this score should be easy to beat: Link).

Haven't played pCARS in a really long time with a wheel (Version number is probably five times higher since last time), will make at least some use of my gaming PC by taking part in the NCS and hopefully make #CuteLap a thing.

4GB?

I've been pretty good about holding off GAS, but I've been eyeing this for a while and it's time to get it: Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM

The retailer kit also came with some extras like a glass cleaning set, extra hood/shade and cheapo UV, circular polarizer and ND filters. I'll probably pick up some B+W or Hoya filters a bit later on down the road to replace the cheapo filters that came with it.

Mountain-Hardwear-Rainshadow-36-OutDry-2016-photo-1.jpg

I bought this pack, and it will be my last.

Completely waterproof, heavy duty etc.

Mountain Hardware Rainshadow 36L

This is the end all, be all @ $169.99. The last bag I purchased is already falling apart after a month and a few days.

Mountain-Hardwear-Rainshadow-36-OutDry-2016-photo-1.jpg

I bought this pack, and it will be my last.

Completely waterproof, heavy duty etc.

Mountain Hardware Rainshadow 36L

This is the end all, be all @ $169.99. The last bag I purchased is already falling apart after a month and a few days.

I have to say, that looks like a great pack but nothing is truly waterproof unless it's made from plastic and has watertight closures. Please do test it to prove me wrong though. ;)

Spending that money on a pack should mean you don't ever need another one. Looks much bigger than a 36ltr in that pic.

I've had a North Face 40ltr forever and it's still in daily use. Good packs are worth the money.

I have to say, that looks like a great pack but nothing is truly waterproof unless it's made from plastic and has watertight closures. Please do test it to prove me wrong though. ;)

Spending that money on a pack should mean you don't ever need another one. Looks much bigger than a 36ltr in that pic.

I've had a North Face 40ltr forever and it's still in daily use. Good packs are worth the money.
You're right with the waterproofness, I think. I've read in some places that it can take dunks in a creek without water getting in. I'm not too sure.

I didn't mention the rebate/discount that I get for employment reasons. It's more than 30% off, though I can't specify.

I'm tired of backpacks failing me constantly, so I decided to max out. This thing is going to see some heavy usage. (I also have one of their top rated rain shells coming in.)

Here's a link with a description of the bag's waterproof technology and other stuff.

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/rai...packsLuggage&dwvar_1649411_variationColor=967

Back