Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,675 comments
TB
Check that both the player is outputting 5.1 and your receiver isn't dumbing it down.

I was playing the movie through the PS4, the games are outputting 5.1.
I just checked HTTYD and it plays in 5.1... and then I checked ID again and it works. X_X
Must have been some kind of a bug then. :/

Got my Sci-Fi Block today. I'm loving half the items.

Tenth Doctor Bobblehead
image.jpeg

Spaceships silhouettes T-Shirt.
image.jpeg

Wash ReAction Figure. It comes with little toy dinosaurs.
image.jpeg

E.T. Speak and Spell magnet.
image.jpeg

I'm selling these for the Heart Walk.

Star Wars:The Force Awakens ankle socks.
image.jpeg

Stormtrooper projector ink pen.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mad Max #1 with variant Jim Lee cover art.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I've actually had some of these for a while and only got around to posting them until now. Oops. :)

iPod Nano 6th Gen replacement screen w/ kit. Since the old broken screen had already been 'slightly' pried off, I had no use for the tools beneath the cloth.

IMG_0048.jpg

Audio things. 3.5 mm to ¼ inch adapter, L/R channel joiner, L/R channel splitter, mini aux tree splitter, and a Bluetooth audio RX/TX device.

IMG_0044.jpg

Time thing. Has LEDs instead of hands, as you can plainly see. Takes some time getting used to it, but it works and keeps time fairly well. Completely useless in the dark due to the numbers besides the LEDs not being lit.

IMG_0041.jpg

Miscellaneous things. I bought the smallest battery for a watch (that I also purchased along with the watch above, but arrived with a dead battery), three of the bigger ones for a laser pointer (that was 'borrowed for an undisclosed period of time' by a friend), and a USB to microUSB adapter.

IMG_0039.jpg

Last but not least, a mouse. Yes, a mouse. It attaches to your index finger and your thumb operates the scroll wheel and the buttons. I didn't purchase this myself, but my dad did and decided he wasn't ever going to use it since he also got a trackball and figured this was a cheap, funky little doodad. It works okay, but definitely has a learning curve. Accuracy clicking is nearly impossible because my finger is moving just from my heartbeat. Digital painting, however, will be much easier to do since I don't own a drawing tablet.

IMG_0038.jpg

A new set of soft compound Falken Azenis FK453s for the 997.

1337956141_fk453.jpg

It took plenty of research, but the reports coming from the Rennlist and Pistonheads forums were showing that these are (as near as dammit) as good as Pilot Sports for half the price. The possible downside is that they wear quite quickly, but I don't do the mileage to worry about that. I considered Potenzas for a while, but my personal experience with them in the wet wasn't good.

The Pilot Sports they replaced weren't too badly worn, but they had gone hard and started to crack on the sidewalls. These Falkens feel positively sticky to the touch compared to the old Michelins. Looking forward to testing them out properly. :)

Bunch of stuff I bought over the past week...

4x Bandai Action Bases
OEM Dell 90W laptop power brick
Two USB phone/device wall charger
Glacier 3S 1800 mAh Li-Po battery pack
Blade Inductrix frame
ElectriFly Li-Po cell checker
Black fine point Gundam Marker
Testors matte black enamel paint
Micro paint brush pack
IMAG0692.jpg

Perfect Grade Skygrasper + Aile Striker:
IMAG0693.jpg

A new center console for my '07 Impala
$_12.JPG

Typical GM :lol: All budget to the engine and cheap out on the rest! I can't believe how flimpsy these are!

And... MY NEW PC!
20160420_160347.jpg

20160420_160412.jpg

20160420_160145.jpg

I call her Sleeper Sally because I chose the most inconspicuous case so it looks like a regular computer :lol:

i5 6600K OC'd @ 4.0GHz
GTX 970
12GB DDR4
Asus gaming series motherboard
EVGA Supernova 750w PSU
Win 10 64x (it's actually not as bad as people say!)

Just played Borderlands: The Pre Sequel at full 1080p with maxed out graphic options. My mind has been blown away! Now I know what's to game for real :lol: I still have to download my other games. Hopefully I'll be able to play Alien Isolation, Project Cars and MGS5 at higher settings.

Because of Opel's brilliant engineering on the various Corsa models, mostly crummy welds that need to hold invisible nuts in place that in their place hold the front subframe in place, I had to buy a tool nobody ever needs to use.

hlr-system~webshop~grs~grs-product-images~grs10~21tx_fot_012.jpg

A E-10/E-12 Torx spanner.
A bit more space and I just could have used my socket set for it.

Another Coffee and Dark Chocolate treat you may like @Shaun

Picked up a small box today. So good. Saint Sant Eustacio makes some great coffee.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back