Since Porsche is excluded from Gran Turismo 5, which tuner should be added?

Which Porsche tuner should appear in GT5?

• Total voters
A thread based on a possible escenario based on the abscense of a manufacter that is especulated to appear on the game.

Incredible. You have outdone yourself this time, SrRd RacinG.

I would think they would still need Porsche's license to put them in the game. The only reason RUF is in is because it is classified as a car manufacturer.

A thread based on a possible escenario based on the abscense of a manufacter that is especulated to appear on the game.

Incredible. You have outdone yourself this time, SrRd RacinG.

Well, in life, you just don't know. Unless, you know all. You seem to know all. Tell us stuff about GT5 we don't know.

I don't know anything that we don't already know. I don't see how does this thread contributes to information regarding GT5.

Why don't you tell us how do these kind of threads help us in any way or form, other than sparing us the time of making them? After all, I'm not the one making thread after thread for every subject. You made 270 posts at the moment I posted this message. You made 28 threads. It says a lot.

It's a shame this poll doesn't have the "why the hell did you create a thread for this." option, like TorqueHappenS08's thread, "Damage on safety car's other trackside things". That way, we would know if people care more about Porsche replacements or irrelevant threads being created every day.

I almost forgot.

:)

I don't know anything that we don't already know. I don't see how does this thread contributes to information regarding GT5.

Why don't you tell us how do these kind of threads help us in any way or form, other than sparing us the time of making them? After all, I'm not the one making thread after thread for every subject. You made 270 posts at the moment I posted this message. You made 28 threads. It says a lot.

It's a shame this poll doesn't have the "why the hell did you create a thread for this." option, like TorqueHappenS08's thread, "Damage on safety car's other trackside things". That way, we would know if people care more about Porsche replacements or irrelevant threads being created every day.

It's fun to talk about the tuners. It's nice to give them a topic for themselves so people can chat about what they like/dislike about each of them.

Than why not make it in the Automotive forum, after all this really has nothing to do with GT5 since they would need the Porsche license before they could put the tuners in.

Are any of the other tuners classified as a manufacturer the same way Ruf is? If not then if Porsche isn't in the game then the rest of these can't be in it either can they?

Than why not make it in the Automotive forum, after all this really has nothing to do with GT5 since they would need the Porsche license before they could put the tuners in.

What if Porsche sells them their license for this game?

Like so: Gemballa: "Hey, Porsche, us guys over here at Gemballa would like to appear in GT5. We were wondering if that's ok. Of course, we had to ask you guys first."

Porsche: "Sure, since we signed an agreement with other games and cannot join GT5, we'll let you appear in GT5, but for a price."

Price is paid. Cars can join.

Even if they did work out a deal I believe that PD would have to have the actual Porsche license as well as the Gemballa one.

MAFF
maff_muron_porsche_cayenne_1_10_cd_gallery.jpg

NOT

should say NAFF

I don't think Gemballa nor Ruf have to ask big brother Porsche if they can be in GT5. Well Ruf can since they are their own manufacturer. Not so sure about Gemballa.

Not exactly. Zathra5 posted this in the other Porsche thread.
That's the problem. Consider the two posibilities and how Kaz would answer to IGNs question:

1. Truth: There are Porsches in GT5: Answer: no there aren't Porches in GT5
2. Truth: There are not Porches in GT5: Answer: no there aren't Porches in GT5

Same both ways. There is no way that Kaz would reveal Porches to a reporter. That will not happen. Cologne (Germany) would have been the logical choice but they didn't even have a presentation there. The next logical choice is TGS. The only question is whether the lie would be different if there are Porches in GT5. It is probably too late to go with a "still trying to negotiate a license" answer. Just like everything else we will probably have to wait until TGS to find out. It is unlikely but possible that Porches will be in GT5. If you have a problem taking speculation too seriously and Porsche is important to you, then it would be better to assume that there are no porsches in GT5. Personally I don't really care. It would be nice but it is probably more Porches loss than mine.

All information we get about GT5 from now (or E3) until release will have been carefully planned. I'm sure even the website slip was carefully planned to give us some info but rather ambiguously. We just have to wait and see what happens. It makes no sense getting worked up over it.

He has a point, either way he would have to say no.

I don't think Gemballa nor Ruf have to ask big brother Porsche if they can be in GT5. Well Ruf can since they are their own manufacturer. Not so sure about Gemballa.

It's an interesting question. Does the tuner have to ask the head manufacturer for a license to appear in a game? Does Spoon have to ask Honda? Does Tom's ask Toyota? If so, how can we search this?! I am intrigued now.

It's an interesting question. Does the tuner have to ask the head manufacturer for a license to appear in a game? Does Spoon have to ask Honda? Does Tom's ask Toyota? If so, how can we search this?! I am intrigued now.

I would assume so because they are licensing the chassis from the manufacturer and then tuning it and badging it with their own. However it is still a Porsche, it's just aftermarkert and RUF for example is still associated with Porsche and Porsche still gets recognised, just like Spoon is associated with Honda even though it doesn't have "Honda" written all over it. I think you find that if anyone would license Porsche it would not only be the badge, but the appearence and (legally ambiguous) "feel" of the brand.

Otherwise PD would just model a Carrera GT3 as "inspiration" and badge it with PD. Problem solved.

Back