Slightly Irritated With Gran Turismo 7 and Its Current State.

Gran Turismo 7 Is Underdeveloped, Do you agree?

• Far Underdevloped, Does not meet expections.

• Somewhat Underdeveloped, Met some expectations.

• Slightly Underdeveloped, Met most expectations.

• Well Developed, Met all expectations.

• Exceeded Expectations.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello all.

I am relatively new to the GT Series. Started with GTSport years ago, I was very fascinated by the games physics, and cars. And there was a GT3 Endurance Cup with 6 one hour races.... It's been fun to load the, back then, Blancpain Series liveries and compete vs Champions like Garage59, WRT, HRT, GRT, AFCorse...

When I bought GT7 last year, I was shocked! 5 years of development, and the game looks very similar, just s little bit improved. I wanted to drive the GT3 Endurance races again, and here we go with the next big disappointment: one race, with that nice Potential of that 24h time with sunset and sunrise, wow. But just one race. The same old GT3 cars I used to race in GTSport back in the day... I have to use the same cars again. With way less modes, races and payouts... Wow. I mean there a zero excuses for that. Not when almost every other game got at least a few newer cars, even older games... I am 42 years old and bought so many different racing games. Never seen a game with that big potential, burning everything completely down by being greedy. Let's be honest. They just want the maximum profit and won't pay too much for licences. Or time to let the user create his own 24h races with qualifying... Or just deliver at least some more for the player.

Let's be honest, Ferrari was able to built couple of new models, sell them, Customer Teams drove them for some seasons, then retire the model and release another, and so on. And still, couple of Ferraris later, GT7 is still running with that 458, released ten years ago... TEN! It looks similar with the McLaren, it's already the second generation of 720S GT3 that is competing in the real world. We still run with the exact same car like in GTSport. No street or race car been added here... The list would be very long.

I read about FIA dropping GT7 from their eSports Events, to use a game realesed FOUR years earlier: Assetto Corsa Competizione. That's embarrassing!!!

But I tried it because it really hurt to pay so much money for a game (my son, 9 years old likes to play too) that offers almost the same cars and tracks, just 5 years later.

To be honest... My son and me fell in love with Assetto Corsa Competizione. Actually you can even play the real 2023 season with Garage59 in a 720S GT3 EVO (exactly, the new Evo is in their five year old game... And not only that) or the new Porsche or Ferrari, you do qualifications, Endurance championships, and you can customize seasons and do own 24h races and stuff.... And because it's a straight GT3, official GTWC game, focused on fewer cars it's very cheap compared to GT7.

I almost quit playing GT7 recently. Checking the new updates and being very disappointed every month. Looks like every update is just a bigger disappointment. I mean, last month, music rally????

I feel fooled and want my money back, that's my opinion of a game that could be so great but playing it for a while makes it boring. Realising that greedy approach made me stop playing it.

Let's be real. The only reason they have the most outdated car list of all games, despite being the newest one of them all, is that they don't want to pay too much for licences. Compare to the price the game and in-game cars have, it feels like they robbed me.

I definitely won't buy another GT game from PD.

My opinion.
A 42 year old father and racing fan

Last edited:
For me GT7 is just GT Sport 2...
Lot of content missing in offline mode, B-Spec missing at all and the list go's on and on...
This is maybe the 10th thread or so where people complaining but nothing changes!!!
we are sooooooo on the same page!

The only issues i having with the game is that it lacks races, endurances more high paying races, better payout for some races and custom races other than that is an excellent game in my opinion, much more than a gt sport 2 for me as it has elements that only a numbered gt can have, things like no FIA involvment is not even a negative thing in my opinion could not care less about it

Last edited:
Seeing it padded out from its lean start gets it a somewhat underdeveloped and being a live service type thing, it might end up with a more favourable answer but it's hard to see past possibly the worst ai I've seen and an economy based on continually having to race against them in one or two of the highest paying races over and over.

Not a lot to sing about really.

mef
A game designed for Sony and PD first, customers just get to buy it
What do you mean it’s designed for Sony and PD? What do these companies gain from not giving players a satisfying game when it would require very little effort?

What do you mean it’s designed for Sony and PD? What do these companies gain from not giving players a satisfying game when it would require very little effort?

Microtransactions for one. Then there's the "audience engagement" bragging... Which is poor when you realise less than 13% of players have completed a single Sport mode race, which has been their key focus.

Microtransactions for one. Then there's the "audience engagement" bragging... Which is poor when you realise less than 13% of players have completed a single Sport mode race, which has been their key focus.

It’s not surprising when you consider that most of the game’s current, and future reach, will be because of sport mode content.

Do a search on YouTube.com. You’ll see that most of the recent videos have to do with either the new, leaked track. Or online racing

Last edited:
It’s not surprising when you consider that most of the game’s current, and future reach, will be because of sport mode content.

Do a search on YouTube.com. You’ll see that most of the recent videos have to do with either the new, leaked track. Or online racing

That current and future reach seems quite short with such a low ratio of players to complete a single race though. If you base your current and future reach off less than 13% of your actual player base, you won't last long.

That's like Toyota basing their whole warranty, future models and so forth solely off owners of the Lexus LFA instead of the Prius or Corolla

That current and future reach seems quite short with such a low ratio of players to complete a single race though. If you base your current and future reach off less than 13% of your actual player base, you won't last long.

That's like Toyota basing their whole warranty, future models and so forth solely off owners of the Lexus LFA instead of the Prius or Corolla

Not that I disagree with you. But even if they were to drop great updates every month, the online “reach” of the game would still be dominated by sport mode.

Not that I disagree with you. But even if they were to drop great updates every month, the online “reach” of the game would still be dominated by sport mode.

That's the issue though, focusing on a mode a vast majority of their player base have no interest in. I've been live streaming GT4 on YouTube recently doing all sorts of events (currently A-specing 1000 miles 😳) and seeing the chat talk about classic events from within the series has been awesome. Know what I haven't seen? Daily races discussion.

If a microscopic streamer like myself is seeing that, surely PD with all their data gathering via forced online mode should too?

Yep, pretty pathetic overall, I've seen more content on ps1 racing games. I kinda feel like maybe they are drip feeding until forza launches, then will suddenly provide this "amazing" update that will finally deliver what should've happened at launch and some people will actually be surprised by it. If the drip feeding is planned for even longer than that then that is indeed a travesty.

Last edited:
Yep, pretty pathetic overall, I've seen more content on ps1 racing games.
Well, you've seen more content in GT2 to be precise. GT7 categorically has more content than every other PS1 racing game except GT2. The problem with GT7 is expectation.

I highly doubt the new Forza is going to impact GT7 in any way either. Itd be nice if we did get a huge update (because why wouldn't it) but I dont see the situation with GT7 changing due to the new Forza releasing.

Last edited:
I give up with GT7...I am waiting now for GT8!
...that includes everything what was missing in GT7.
You better wait for GT7 to be completed, instead. C'mon, GT7 is out by only an year and 4 months and we know that Kaz said that the game would turn out to be a live service that was supposed to last for several years from its release. GT7 is likely going to be updated constantly till 2025-2026 at the earliest. That being said, GT8 will not arrive earlier than 2026-2027 for sure.

Last edited:
It's over a year past release, you can't expect the game to be fully functional and full of content? At this rate, it will never have the racing content people want from it.
Well, it's a live service anyway so you can't expect it to be complete right away this early since there's always new content every month and the game will be updated for years.

Last edited:
It’s not time content that bothers me it’s the laggy jittery open lobbies! It’s terrible I refuse to play it like that. It’s never been addressed and every lobby I visit is the same.

Are you the sort of person who buys a car and expects the transmission, chassis and engine to be built slowly step by step with every service? ...
I take it you weren’t around when GT6 was relevant. I’m not saying GT7 will go the same route though.

Well I had never played a GT game before this one so have nothing to compare it to, but I love it. There's hours and hours of content here, a ton of variety in the cars, a great selection of fun tracks (though I admit that a few more would be nice), and the core gameplay is excellent. I'm well and truly addicted.

Back