SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
:scared:

First time doing this for endurance. Any guidelines or tips? Presumably _not_ a short track like Tsukuba. Is there a list of what’s been done recently so I’m not repeating?

First time doing this for endurance. Any guidelines or tips? Presumably _not_ a short track like Tsukuba. Is there a list of what’s been done recently so I’m not repeating?

I believe if you go to the first post it should have spoilers with all the combos we used before

Honestly this is a new season so anything goes. ANYTHING.

I was confused why I was able to preserve my tires so much better in Tuesday's race, compared to last week when I was doing some testing to pick the combo. Based on the Undocumented Changes thread, it sounds like the rate of tire wear has been adjusted in the latest update.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- An issue regarding the brake rotors not being displayed properly during online races and Spectator has been fixed.
View/Replays:
- In "Sport" mode or Lobby where you would be sent back to the "Race Entry Selection" screen while matchmaking was in progress has been fixed.
- Various adjustments have been made to sound effects.
- The rate of tire wear has been adjusted.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

As much as I like watching endurance car races I'm pretty sure I'd suck at being a pit wall strategist. I had zero confidence I could manage 1 stop on two sets of softs in Tuesday's race. In light of this, my own inexperience in GTS endurance races and @BradESPN observations I am looking for some input on tire wear from more knowledgeable and experienced drivers (if that's ok with @BradESPN ). From reading earlier posts it seems many of you intuitively know what would or wouldn't work well. Maybe that's no longer the case with the recent update. Help me get informed and maybe make for a somewhat more interesting race. Maybe offer some options I can select from?

Prize A
Car: BMW M3 GT '11 (BMW Motorsport), 499HP, 2,745lb
Track: Autodrome Lago Maggiore - GP II, Sunset 21:00 Clear
Time: 2:00 on RH
Fuel: 2x (in custom testing this would be one stop with almost no short shifting for a 40lap race)
Tires: RH / RM / RS (I didn't see RSS in any prior races. I'm guessing they're pointless in this kind of race?)
[EDIT]
Tire Wear: 5x

Car/track combo is a variation of an October Sunday race where we used the shorter Maggiore West II. Again open to feedback for future reference if this is not an optimal endurance combo for whatever reason.

Last edited:
As much as I like watching endurance car races I'm pretty sure I'd suck at being a pit wall strategist. I had zero confidence I could manage 1 stop on two sets of softs in Tuesday's race. In light of this, my own inexperience in GTS endurance races and @BradESPN observations I am looking for some input on tire wear from more knowledgeable and experienced drivers (if that's ok with @BradESPN ). From reading earlier posts it seems many of you intuitively know what would or wouldn't work well. Maybe that's no longer the case with the recent update. Help me get informed and maybe make for a somewhat more interesting race. Maybe offer some options I can select from?

Prize A
Car: BMW M3 GT '11 (BMW Motorsport), 499HP, 2,745lb
Track: Autodrome Lago Maggiore - GP II, Sunset 21:00 Clear
Time: 2:00 on RH
Fuel: 2x (in custom testing this would be one stop with almost no short shifting for a 40lap race)
Tires: RH / RM / RS (I didn't see RSS in any prior races. I'm guessing they're pointless in this kind of race?)
Tire Wear: ??

Car/track combo is a variation of an October Sunday race where we used the shorter Maggiore West II. Again open to feedback for future reference if this is not an optimal endurance combo for whatever reason.

Here is the general school of thought that I use.
Most tracks in this game you don't lose much time when pitting, so people will pit to just change tires. So if running a softer tire for half a tank is significantly faster than a slower tire for a full tank, people will do that.

Pick a wear aggressive enough to make the softest compound wear out completely after 10, and the hardest be able to go roughly 30 ish laps (assuming 40 lap race)

This will force people to choose very different strategies, and while one strategy may emerge as the fastest, it's not obvious at the start.

I like to pick tire wear that will cause people who use soft tires to have to pit a lot more than they would have to based on fuel consumption. More often than not, using the soft tire and pitting is still faster though so what do I know.

Nice pick @Bologna_Duc 👍

Car is ready

A6C01763-16E1-4558-BF3F-19E70BE4116A.jpeg
8AFE4FC0-ABFB-4768-BE92-DB83EDFC6E34.png

Based on last night's votes, the following combo will be Race #1 tomorrow night:

Car: Toyota GR Supra RZ 2019
Track: Nurburgring GP @ 12:00
Laps: 20
Tires: SM
Tire/Fuel Wear: Off

I don't know how the rest of you felt - but after Tuesdays race last week (where I was basically forced to practice the Maggiorre combo 30 minutes longer than I normally do), my races last night at that combo were drastically better.

Despite racing with 3 shifter users in RaceReviewer, Neutty and Todally I qualified 2nd and finished 2nd in the first race (about a tenth behind first) - then went from 2nd last to 4th in race 2.

Hopefully this trend continues and after this race tomorrow I can hopefully dip into the 2.16's at NGP on a semi consistent basis.

Good day @BradESPN and all endurance drivers.:cheers:
Well I think I've finally hired enough help that my work schedule may become somewhat normal, and allow me to have a life, outside of it. I'm hoping there's room for me to join as a full time driver in April? I will be committing to at least 80% of the season's races, aiming for 100%.:cool:

Nice! We'll be finishing up Season 6 in April, but you'll of course be welcome to join in anytime.

Endurance practice room
CLOSED

(New room - car problem)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back