SNAIL Parity Racing Series - 86 GT/FR-S/BR-Z Night

• Thread starter Vol Jbolaz
  • 427 comments
If you want the real poop, watch Al Jazeera or Russia Today.

Heh. I don't mind NPR. Yes, it has a liberal slant. So do universities. But not because there is some great liberal conspiracy. Educated people just tend to be liberal. Funny how that works. They also tend to be less religious.

I do like the BBC because it gives me that view from outside the fishbowl. At times, I wouldn't mind seeing the news on America from places that aren't as involved, like Australia (or Japan, I do like Japan).

Vol Jbolaz
Heh. I don't mind NPR. Yes, it has a liberal slant. So do universities. But not because there is some great liberal conspiracy. Educated people just tend to be liberal. Funny how that works. They also tend to be less religious.

I do like the BBC because it gives me that view from outside the fishbowl. At times, I wouldn't mind seeing the news on America from places that aren't as involved, like Australia (or Japan, I do like Japan).

I don't know if the PBS station around there does it, but the one here broadcasts three channels, the third dedicated to international news. It's the English versions of the aforementioned plus NHK, France24, Deutsche Welle, and some other southeast Asian channels.

Please count me in for your next series. Sorry I missed the 350 PP.

I feel the same way. Knowing U.S. history makes American Exceptionalism in all it's forms
seem a bit naive.

I've updated the car selection details. I am still debating how I want to do the schedule, but it will be five short races an evening.

I am thinking of picking a theme for each evening and put together five tracks for that. Something else that I'm debating is letting the winner pick (within reason).

The series will run from the 1st to the 22nd. I will host a special Leap Year endurance race on the 29th for anyone interested.

Last edited:
I've updated the car selection details. I am still debating how I want to do the schedule, but it will be five short races an evening.

I am thinking of picking a theme for each evening and put together five tracks for that. Something else that I'm debating is letting the winner pick (within reason).

The series will run from the 1st to the 22nd. I will host a special Leap Year endurance race on the 29th for anyone interested.

Sorry, not from the 1st. I looked at the calendar wrong. Not this week, but next week. So I guess running for four weeks through the 29th.

I've been neglecting this, sorry.

I've added the course selections. This week will be reverse courses. Next week will be, what I think, are fun city courses. And the week after that will be winner picks.

When I say 'next week', we will skip Valentine's Day. I don't actually have any plans for that day. Out of habit, my wife and I observe it on the 16th.

With the winner picks, the first course of the evening will be one chosen by the the current points leader. The next four will be chosen by the winner from the previous race.

I'll be online tonight to test some cars. Everyone is welcome to join me, but I'll be testing more than just cars for this. I'll be testing some Grand Tourers, too, cause I've been wanting to do that for a while.

So to summarize, this season is 450pp open tuning? The only thing we can't use is adjustable aero? ...and we are limited to 97% engine and 40kg of ballast?

So to summarize, this season is 450pp open tuning? The only thing we can't use is adjustable aero? ...and we are limited to 97% engine and 40kg of ballast?

Yes.

And since the RX-8 is my most successful 450 car, I want to use anything but that for this series. I'm looking at the new 86, the S15, or an FD.

There should be tons of cars.

Oh no. This is tonight and I haven't even picked a car. I'll probably just grab an Mr2 or something. Should even out quick with the sprints tonight, anyway.

I did try the De Lorean last night. It is a little more lose than I was expecting. It really isn't that loose, though. I was lazy and didn't try any of the other cars that I wanted to. Instead, I tooled around with 500PP tuner cars. That was a bust.

Since I proved I can't go a full lap without having an off, I want something less twitchy than the De Lorean.

Reposted from the 450 Thread:

esh
Also, SRT4 is fun to drive and surprisingly quick. Never thought I would drive a Dodge online if I didn't have to.

I was kind of excited that you didn't catch up to me, a second time, at Rome.

We did have good numbers last night, and I had an okay time. But, I'm going to rework my parity series. Because...

at Rome for example, I was in 3rd place for most of the race. But, I still raced alone. The leaders were ten seconds ahead of me, and while Esh was gaining, he still wasn't close enough to make me change my driving. I saw him in the mirror in the distance on a straight, but I didn't see him at all in the corners.

Now, last night at Rome there were quite a few wall-smacking incidents. But it was like that for most tracks. Even in four or five laps, the field spread out. And we always seemed to have the same drivers on the podium.

The only reason I hosted a general 450 room last night was because I only had two people show up for the parity series. So I'm going to change it up a bit. You all are invited to join me on Tuesdays. I'll have another thread going, and you can follow it there. But I'm not going to do a series. Each Tuesday will just be a little series unto itself, so people don't have to worry about committing to a series. I'll pick different themes for cars and tracks (or take suggestions for such).

I will have to host it in my lobby because I don't know that we can police pubbers. But, if you are on my friend list, then I'll probably race your Bobs.

sorry I was a no-show man, my interest in GT5 has taken a bit of a nosedive of late.

I've added details for the 21st. I have a couple themes in mind for the next two nights, I just need to double check some numbers. Feel free to suggest themes.

Tonight (2/14) isn't on the schedule. Are we using the same details as the 21st? Or did you just forget that today is Valentine's Day? :)

I'm a maybe for tonight if you're having it. Gotta see what the wife wants to do.

Tonight (2/14) isn't on the schedule. Are we using the same details as the 21st? Or did you just forget that today is Valentine's Day? :)

I'm a maybe for tonight if you're having it. Gotta see what the wife wants to do.

:( You are right. This isn't happening tonight.

Sorry, my wife and I always celebrate Valentine's Day on February 16. It is a tradition now. So I have no plans for tonight. I didn't even think about it.

This is not happening tonight. This is happening next Tuesday.

I might be online tonight, not sure.

Is it possible to join the fun? :D I would like to be apart of the Tuesday Racing Club!
Thanks!

Is it possible to join the fun? :D I would like to be apart of the Tuesday Racing Club!
Thanks!

Yes, but the problem for the last few times have been no one shows up. I'd like at least five drivers, including me. All we get are three.

Oh I see... It's a shame :l I was really looking forward to it. Only 5 people showed up? How many are usually needed?

Oh I see... It's a shame :l I was really looking forward to it. Only 5 people showed up? How many are usually needed?

No, it was only three of us. If we had five, I'd run it.

Back