Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chevrolet Camaro ss (10)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (06)

• Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (09)

• Total voters
Good little practice session. Tokyo is going to be brutal on the tyres, and very unforgiving on small mistakes. With full damage any contact with the armco will mean a trip to the pits. Soft tyres last about 10 metres.:eek:

For the race we'll have to be well rested and think ahead. Turn in point is the key of a good lap.

I, for one, will avoid overtakes for the first three corners this time. R246 is great when you get it right but a bugger to have a clean race on...

I'm going to be late! :(

[Edit] I'm not going to make it got a lot on at the moment, things I need to get done before tomorrow

Sorry guys!

Last edited:
Sorry I couldnt make the race Jamesy, but time constraints (kids wanting to use the PC after the race) meant that the finish would have been too late, and would have turned me into public enemy number 1 in my house. Have a great race everyone.👍👍👍

So, how was last nights race?

Well it went pretty well for me as you can see :P

1st: Jimftr2 - Audi R8 - 57:18:xxx
2nd: Dowlin39 - McLaren Mp4-12c - +10.515
3rd: Cobani - Lamborghini Gallardo - --.---
4th: Socalspeedfreak - Chevrolet Corvette - --.---
5th: Happysilvia - Nissan GT-R - --.---
6th: Goodwolf - Dodge Viper - +1 lap
7th: Jamesybograt - Mercedes-Bens SLS AMG - +1 lap
8th: Duck149 - Chevrolet Camaro - +3 laps
9th: Shin_Roh - Ford GT - DNF

Last edited:
Well it went pretty well for me as you can see :P

1st: Jimftr2 - Audi R8
2nd: Dowlin39 - McLaren Mp4-12c - +10.515
3rd: Cobani - Lamborghini Gallardo - --.---
4th: Socalspeedfreak - Chevrolet Corvette - --.---
5th: Happysilvia - Nissan GT-R - --.---
6th: Goodwolf - Dodge Viper - +1 lap
7th: Jamesybograt - Mercedes-Bens SLS AMG - +1 lap
8th: Duck149 - Chevrolet Camaro - +3 laps
9th: Shin_Roh - Ford GT - DNF

Gutted I had to miss it. Been in a grump all day without my fix of Sunday night racing.

Gutted I had to miss it. Been in a grump all day without my fix of Sunday night racing.

Yeah we missed you last night, although maybe I was better off in the end as I had my hands full with Cobani and Shin for most of the night :P. The last thing I wanted to see was a big blue Lotus in my mirrors :lol:

We ended up starting a minute or two after you left as I checked GTPlanet and noticed Omnius had edited his post. Not sure if you would've stayed had we noticed it when you were leaving but a bit of a sickener all the same.

Yeah we missed you last night

Ahhh thats nice.

We ended up starting a minute or two after you left as I checked GTPlanet and noticed Omnius had edited his post.

Yeah, I saw that to, but Monday's mean a really early start for me, and with the kids needing to get on the PC, I cant really race any later than 10pm. Never mind, there's always next time.

I had a great battle with Dowlin for much of the race and that was great. Also with Shin_Roh I had some good fights, but unfortunately Shin_Roh pitted and retired.

It's a shame that you , as a favorite, could not race. Maybe something to look at in the future, not to delay the starttime too much. I myself was 'on the edge' of having to pull out.

I did have fun and am ready for the next race! 👍

Sorry I couldnt make the race Jamesy, but time constraints (kids wanting to use the PC after the race) meant that the finish would have been too late, and would have turned me into public enemy number 1 in my house. Have a great race everyone.👍👍👍

not the same without you and the blue monster ADE !!:) these next two races will be very intense !!:crazy:

I'm seriously hoping suzuka will suit my R8, I really had to push at tokyo. Chucking the car into the corner and stuff. Gonna stick with my White Car + Red Wheels scheme as Suzuka is in Japan. :D

I have to say, my car drove like a dream last night, it doesn't really like the hard tyres as it has a tad of understeer in its current set-up and it really becomes apparent on the hards. I made a mistake on lap 15 which was my 3rd lap on the hards when I hit the wall and received some damage to my left front. The lap before i had set a 1:43:xxx so I knew I could have decent pace on the Hards but when I got the damage, my laptimes dropped to 1:45:xxx, 1:46:xxx so I lost a huge amount of time. If I hadn't hit that damn wall, those 10 seconds could've been in my favour.

One thing I noticed about the pitstops last night. Obviously when you enter a room, whatever order you appear in the room is where you are placed in the pits, so last night Jamesy was at the end of the pits and I was near the entrance. So, as Cobani found out the hard way last night, if your racing against someone who entered the room after you, you need to be in front of them on your way into the pits. On 2 occasions last night, Cobani was within a second behind me, but because I entered the room after he did, his car had to slow down to let mine into my pit area, which, when we left the pits, I had gained a second or two because he had to slow down in the pits for me. So thats it, just a little something i picked up on last night that I thought I'd write up in case any one didn't notice it themselves. Its only a small thingbut, in a racing game every second counts. 👍

Interesting post there Dowlin. I see your point. It is something to keep in mind maybe for future strategies. On the other hand, it's my choice to follow you into the pits, I could have waited for another lap or try a lap earlier. I just thought with the racing being so close with us in the beginning, I'd stick with you for some fun racing. 👍

Next time I might try something different! :mischievous:

Interesting post there Dowlin. I see your point. It is something to keep in mind maybe for future strategies. On the other hand, it's my choice to follow you into the pits, I could have waited for another lap or try a lap earlier. I just thought with the racing being so close with us in the beginning, I'd stick with you for some fun racing. 👍

Next time I might try something different! :mischievous:
I liked the start cobani, hehe, i just managed to get past though. I was expecting a battle with someone tbh, but oh well. I think i will have more competition at suzuka, since i'm assuming my car is average around suzuka. We'll see anyway.

My Lambo has some sort of afterburner apparently :) But after that, the understeer kicks in :ouch: But great fun anyway!
Hah yea, You got 4 turbo's or something? xD.

Btw guys, i've bought a G27 today, Gonna try it out on GT5 and compare lap times to my pad, i'm very interested to see if and when i reach the same lap times and whether or not i can improve too. Though it's mainly gonna be for PC Sims i think. Unless i can get used to using it on GT5.

Hah yea, You got 4 turbo's or something? xD.

Btw guys, i've bought a G27 today, Gonna try it out on GT5 and compare lap times to my pad, i'm very interested to see if and when i reach the same lap times and whether or not i can improve too. Though it's mainly gonna be for PC Sims i think. Unless i can get used to using it on GT5.

use it for the next two races! maybe that will slow you down.:dopey:

...Tokyo Race...
tokyo001_zps2e987e97.jpg

How it all began.
tokyo002_zpseb06caa0.jpg

The racing is close in the first laps
tokyo008_zps27ca3d46.jpg

All through the field.
tokyo004_zpse7a18ac2.jpg

Still close as it continues.
tokyo007_zps936546f8.jpg

Passing is not easy but can be done.
tokyo005_zps16dc07dc.jpg

Mistakes were the order of the day for everyone.
tokyo006_zps0339fbab.jpg

with others benifiting from them.
tokyo009_zpsd739e558.jpg

With the pits being a legitimate passing place.
tokyo003_zpsb915d33e.jpg

Battles lasting all the way till the end of the race
tokyo010_zps9d46ac40.jpg

Alass there can only be one Victor but we are all WINNERS....

Nice pics Jamesy and well said.

Off topic:

Guys I'm a licensed member of racedepartment.com and we have a small GT5 community. Only few people race on regular basis so I talked with the staff member there about your series and your clean driving. He was thrilled to hear about your race craft and so your all invited to join the upcoming GT500 league, of course only if you want to I won't pressure you.

The only downside for some of you might be that you have to become a licensed member and this means that you have to use your real name to race in league or club events.
So look at the links and if your OK with the rules and everything join and be free to ask me for help, info or anything else.

There will be five rounds taking place every Sunday between 4th November and 2nd December. Practice session will start at 20:00GMT in open lobby.

After this championship there is another one on the way with Clio v6 plus you can join any other club or league using PS3, Xbox and PC sims like Race 07, GT Legends, RBR, rFactor, F1 etc. so it's not like your going to be joining just to have five races.

Nice pics Jamesy and well said.

Off topic:

Guys I'm a licensed member of racedepartment.com and we have a small GT5 community. Only few people race on regular basis so I talked with the staff member there about your series and your clean driving. He was thrilled to hear about your race craft and so your all invited to join the upcoming GT500 league, of course only if you want to I won't pressure you.

The only downside for some of you might be that you have to become a licensed member and this means that you have to use your real name to race in league or club events.
So look at the links and if your OK with the rules and everything join and be free to ask me for help, info or anything else.

There will be five rounds taking place every Sunday between 4th November and 2nd December. Practice session will start at 20:00GMT in open lobby.

After this championship there is another one on the way with Clio v6 plus you can join any other club or league using PS3, Xbox and PC sims like Race 07, GT Legends, RBR, rFactor, F1 etc. so it's not like your going to be joining just to have five races.
Awesome! I have GT Legends and i will be buying race 07 too. Think i will check it out.

Latest Posts

Back