Suzuki Swift Challenge Season 2 - DaxCobra is Champion!!!!

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 511 comments
Hey Carb its been over 24 hours do the results now stand?

I was busy today because of Nationwide and just recently Dax's series, so didn't really have time to check, sorry.

Check out the news thread in a couple of mins though, I have something to inform.

After some thinking, I have chosen to award FlyingFox with a warning due to dangerously pulling into Carracer's line when taking the fast right hander 2 wide in the 2nd race. Hopefully you're happy with it, because I rarely give warnings and often start out with time penalties, but I'm not really in the mood to rid anyone of their position right now.

Now, I need to concentrate on the Swedish test...

EDIT: Points table attached to opening post! Note that bold means pole position while italics are the fastest lap. Each bold and italics means one point.

Last edited:
SwiftS2Round2.jpg

Here you go Carb. 👍

As previously adcised, I cannot make tonight. So last place is now available. Should be ok for the rest of the series.

Just to confirm I will be back tonight! :) Enjoy all your head starts whilst it lasts 👍

Oh God, 'Second Place Neljack' is here to win because of second places and slipstream fastest laps!!!!!

:nervous::nervous:

So why can't you race in WTCC then?

Oh God, 'Second Place Neljack' is here to win because of second places and slipstream fastest laps!!!!!

:sly: 👍

And busy Saturday evening, out with mates, football etc :P

Stop moaning about slipstream, it wouldn't be as close as it is now if it weren't for that :embarrassed:

After some thinking, I have chosen to award FlyingFox with a warning due to dangerously pulling into Carracer's line.

You don't award someone a penalty, you slap them round the back of the head and say
"Here have this you divvi"

I hope it isn't too late to join the season, but if its possible i'd love to be able to participate, being as the Swift is one of my favourite hatchbacks in years!

My Suzuki swift btw will be in the colour 'Gran Turismo Green Metallic' from the Mazda Furai :lol:

If I had a crystal ball where I knew what I was doing each day then yes you would have a point........

But if you have signed up for something and then you do something else instead, you should either do what you signed up for or sign up as a reserve instead.

SSR5 has been an unfortunate track for me. Twice have I hosted it (first season of these and most recently Tom_COD's TOCA series) and both times everyone has walked away with no points in the end.

SSR5 has been an unfortunate track for me. Twice have I hosted it (first season of these and most recently Tom_COD's TOCA series) and both times everyone has walked away with no points in the end.

Suits me, I'm rubbish there, always hitting the wall on the right-hander before the hairpin.:dopey:

I hope it isn't too late to join the season, but if its possible i'd love to be able to participate, being as the Swift is one of my favourite hatchbacks in years!

My Suzuki swift btw will be in the colour 'Gran Turismo Green Metallic' from the Mazda Furai :lol:

Yes mate you may sign up

Round 2 is this evening.

Suits me, I'm rubbish there, always hitting the wall on the right-hander before the hairpin.:dopey:

Last time we raced the Swifts there, there was an almighty crash due to Matty lagging out and a red flag insued.

Hopefully things will be less eventfull this time round.

Oh yeah I remember, then Carb and someone stormed away in race 2 when we all though we couldnt go untill the start line, something like that right? :lol:

Last season, what caused the red flag was indeed lag, but to remind people, the reason why no points were awarded was the confusion at the beginning of the restarted race, which caused the leading two to escape really quickly. I have come up with a fairly simple solution to preventing similar circumstances.

If a race is restarted, no matter what reason, the restarted race will have a formation lap (added to the usual lap count) and will have a STANDING START. You line up on the grid in the order you qualified (or in Race 2, the reverse order of Race 1) and I will type the time when you can go. False starts aren't nice though, and you pick up an instant penalty for those, unless you can prevent yourself from gaining any sort of advantage.

Yes mate you may sign up

Round 2 is this evening.

I am definitely able to race this evening, already got my car ready and did a shakedown test of it on SSR5, the setup spec this series uses really gets a lot out of the car and is a blast to drive, cant wait for race night only a few hours away! :D

If a race is restarted, no matter what reason, the restarted race will have a formation lap (added to the usual lap count) and will have a STANDING START. You line up on the grid in the order you qualified (or in Race 2, the reverse order of Race 1) and I will type the time when you can go. False starts aren't nice though, and you pick up an instant penalty for those, unless you can prevent yourself from gaining any sort of advantage.

Huh, so where did you get this idea from? :rolleyes:

Back