Suzuki Swift Challenge Season 2 - DaxCobra is Champion!!!!

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 511 comments
Anybody wanna congratulate me?

Well done on the first race Carb. 👍

Oh and Dax, I let you past at the hairpin so I'd have the draft on the straight :sly:

Anybody wanna congratulate me?

Well done on the first race Carb. 👍

Oh and Dax, I let you past at the hairpin so I'd have the draft on the straight :sly:

You hitting me into the penultimate corner sealed my fate...

DaxCobra
You hitting me into the penultimate corner sealed my fate...

I don't recall? If you mean second to last then yes I gave you little tap by mistake because I thought you braked early and had to jam on the brakes.

And you didn't hit a wall from the tap IIRC, so I don't see how it had such a effect.

EDIT: Sorry Carb, I wasn't gonna argue anyway, just a civilised debate on my end.

Forever+available_dd3cbf_3322080.jpg

Its broken.

Last for me both times yay.

Good racing though.

haitch40
Its broken.

Last for me both times yay.

Good racing though.

Nah it's not, get your computer fixed. :sly:

some good racing tonight, first race was brilliant and a nice mid-field battle as the front 3 pulled away, second race was similar but with a little more contact

Ive also checked both replays and found out who had the fastest laps out of everyone in both race 1 and 2, if it helps :)

Race One: MattyMc1996 with 1:44.228
Race Two: MattyMc1996 again with 1:42.973

And an extra tidbit - the gap between 4th and 5th in race two was no more than .010 of a second! :drool:

I knew that time in race two was madness, I think I had a massive draft on the start and end of the lap.

Also I actually thought the race was over at the start of lap 8 in race two and completely let go of the wheel and pedals for aprox. 2 seconds.. :lol:

Ive also checked both replays and found out who had the fastest laps out of everyone in both race 1 and 2, if it helps :)

Race One: MattyMc1996 with 1:44.228
Race Two: MattyMc1996 again with 1:42.973

And an extra tidbit - the gap between 4th and 5th in race two was no more than .010 of a second! :drool:

However those actually need to be re-counted following this PM from Matty:

Actually since you asked me this I had a look at my car and it was running engine stage 3. Before the race I genuinely had no idea that it was illegal hence why I was asking if I had the right wings etc.. Very sorry to have run a illegal car in the race please do what you have to do as host.

You may use this PM in the thread if needed.

Again very, very sorry.

Due to this, Matty has been DQ'd from both races but allowed to race in the future as long as his car is legal by then. No wonder I found it a bit odd that he was so fast so suddenly...

Anyway this means DaxCobra will be the winner of Race 2, while everyone else behind Matty in both races will jump up one position. Pole point goes to me with a 1'44.1 and the fastest laps indeed have to be checked again.

Official results:

Race 1:
1. Carbonox
2. GTP_DaxCobra
3. neljack
4. GTP_akmuq
5. chrisjohnson93
6. GTP_PaulMac
7. Snake55wildcat
8. FlyingFox_85
9. haitch40
DQ. mattymc1996

Race 2:
1. GTP_DaxCobra
2. GTP_akmuq
3. neljack
4. Snake55wildcat
5. chrisjohnson93
6. Carbonox
7. FlyingFox_85
8. GTP_PaulMac
9. haitch40
DQ. mattymc1996

New official fastest laps:

Race 1: GTP_akmuq - 1'44.240
Race 2: neljack - 1'44.083

Now give me a moment to do the points table...

Attachments

• Swift Season 2.pdf
    252.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Shame for Matty. But I commend him for actually owning up- I don't think many people would. 👍

I would just like to apologise to everyone who was involved in the race. I feel I cheated everybody out of it even though I didn't know that my car was illegal until after Carb asked me last night and I had a quick check. I was using last years car which I think I done up for new FF seasonals which must be where the engine stage came from. I am very disappointed with myself over this and even though Carb said I could stay if people have a problem with me racing in light of this event I won't.

Again I would just like to say I am very, very sorry.

I would just like to apologise to everyone who was involved in the race. I feel I cheated everybody out of it even though I didn't know that my car was illegal until after Carb asked me last night and I had a quick check. I was using last years car which I think I done up for new FF seasonals which must be where the engine stage came from. I am very disappointed with myself over this and even though Carb said I could stay if people have a problem with me racing in light of this event I won't.

How much BHP did you have?

Well done for owning up Matty, and as far as I'm concerned you can stay.

I also wondered why the hell you were so fast as we have been on par with our past driving.

As Mardy says his powerband would be better due to higher rpms and also more torque at the same BHP. (Also allowing for more top speed)

Just a thought guys, but shall i set up a Autumn Ring practice room for us? to try our cars on it in the online handling conditions, and try out different aero/brake configurations to work out which is the best for us? Just a little idea that popped in my head :lol:

I'll be back again tonight.. with a proper car which has yet to be bought.

Yo guys, Autumn Ring indeed coming today, I'm hopeful of a similar sized grid as last time. ;)

Just about to go on and buy car and practice now. Join me if you want. 👍

If there's any space tonight, I wouldn't mind filling it.

Woops, forgot about the TOCA test and practice for maybe Tom's IndyCar. sorry.

Last edited:
For you guys in TOCA, the test room should still be open after the swifts, so feel free to come down after 👍

So how much do you wanna bet that Furi is going to message us the TOCA room is up when we go online for Swifts? :D

Back