Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
DSC_0027-1.jpg
Replica Mugen wheels? For shame!

Like it nonetheless :P

Because carbon fiber is/was the trend, But I'm more concerned about the airbrushed outlines, Why?

Last edited:
Simply stunning. There's something I want to get out of the way first--the mufflers and tips are a bit much for me, that's it, and the pros outweigh this con--but the wheels (SSR Formula Mesh if I'm not mistaken) aren't oversized and there's still a substantial amount of sidewall, the tires fit under the unmodified fenders easily without a significant amount of camber, there's still plenty of ground clearance and room for wheel travel within the fenders, and the rest of the body has been pretty well left alone. Add to that it's a unique model--they made, what, 500 Aerocabins?--in what appears to be near flawless condition.

View attachment 390786
I don't think its called outlines but i don't know what what to refer these to
Makes it look like it missed out on too much sleep.

I'd like the CF engine bay look a little more if they used all black CF, but that's just my taste. The password JDM carbon fiber stuff actually looks pretty clean, and from what I hear the quality is even better.

I was actually looking at getting the CF intake manifold cover and pulley/alternator cover(this car has a great looking engine bay, so I'd only want to cover the intake manifold, AC pump, and alternator anyway), but that's a lot of money to spend for engine bay dressings when I still have things I want to do with performance.(It would look like this, but black)

Anyway, I took some photos of a heavily(though tastefully) modified turbo FRS that came into work yesterday, but it seems my phone didn't actually take the pictures, despite the screen flashing like it did.

Fortunately I remembered the name of the tuning shop he used(he told me about it when he noticed mine while his was in the shop a few months ago). So I checked their Facebook and found nothing, but they did put up a picture of it on their Instagram:
11098205_792857007468068_362472644_n.jpg

Source

Pretty cool dude that owns it, too. I don't remember the brand names of everything, but he had the cooling system redone, fuel system, brakes, coilovers, new seats, carbon fiber steering wheel, interior frame braces, 9.5" wide wheels, full exhaust(obviously, because turbo), a turbo, intake, and a few other mods that all came out to about 330whp at the dyno.

And the body kit looks pretty sweet, too. That, and the sound it made was pretty fantastic.

Back