• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
3545258384_0b8b061e23_z.jpg

one31.jpg

MLr94.jpg

v62b6b.jpg

96ar1l.jpg

qxm44w.jpg

It's awesome, but it's absolutely revolting from an aesthetic standpoint.

I love the all-carbon look, but I'd respect it more if it wasn't a wrap. Even though it is real carbon fiber and not vinyl, the guy's still adding weight when the first thing that comes to mind when you see carbon fiber is lightness.

That's not to say I don't think this car looks tasteful. From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I love that Golf.

And above me, that's a... 2002? I've always kinda liked those, but, I don't know, it's like there's too much blue under the grille or something. The balance looks off somehow. Otherwise, fabulous.

Last edited:
I'm just going to throw this in here hoping for some honest opinions. I'm kinda really liking it and thinking about putting these aero bits on my own RSX/Integra :nervous:. Considering my long list of planned mods for my car is pretty much all in handling upgrades (I recently found there are a ton of different chassis bars made for these things and I want them all), I don't think it's too unjustified.

1978617_orig.jpg

8132924_orig.jpg

5400699_orig.jpg

Look cool? ...or as ridiculous as an aluminum wing and a fart can on a '90s Corolla?

I think that looks great. I don't personally care for the canards, but I can live with it. I see a little front mount as well :D

I'm a little surprised that these never came with an LSD, while the same generation Si's did.

I like it. But I think there will be many people who disrespect these modifications because it is a Honda. Man I hate the hate on Hondas...
Less the Honda bit, more the "VTEK KICKED IN YALL" idiots who do this sorta thing to their cars. Having said that, my only complaint is the faux aero, which is an easy fix.

You're in SoCal... isn't everything at the risk of being stolen?

With regards to the 'faux aero,' I was talking to a guy that only put canards on his '91ish Accord, and his car was already lowered to the point where adding the canards made it scrape on the freeway. Springs were too soft, probably. I would think they need to be chassis-mounted as well, but apparently the downforce is still working, lol. I'll have to look into underbody trays...

Last edited:
You're in SoCal... isn't everything at the risk of being stolen?

With regards to the 'faux aero,' I was talking to a guy that only put canards on his '91ish Accord, and his car was already lowered to the point where adding the canards made it scrape on the freeway. Springs were too soft, probably. I would think they need to be chassis-mounted as well, but apparently the downforce is still working, lol. I'll have to look into underbody trays...
That's the thing, it might be working, but is it enough to do anything? I'd probably end up just taking them off.

The splitter/canards/diffuser on the Civic look ****.

Stuff like that only works on track cars, where the car can be sufficiently low enough for the parts to work AND look right. On a street car they just look stupid - like you're trying too hard.

not a Civic!

So what about the cars that come with diffusers and splitters from the factory, like the STI and Evo, and certain Ferraris that have flat underbodies with venturies. They're getting zero benefit from these pieces because they're not an inch off the ground? Many successful time attack cars aren't seeing touring car lows either.

New MX-5 Cup?

546b4f40429ca_-_019mx5globalcup-lg.jpg

But I was hoping for critical opinions as well, so thanks :cheers:

Last edited:
not a Civic!

So what about the cars that come with diffusers and splitters from the factory, like the STI and Evo, and certain Ferraris that have flat underbodies with venturies. They're getting zero benefit from these pieces because they're not an inch off the ground? Many successful time attack cars aren't seeing touring car lows either.

New MX-5 Cup?

546b4f40429ca_-_019mx5globalcup-lg.jpg

But I was hoping for critical opinions as well, so thanks :cheers:

Sorry, Integra, but still a 2 door Civic in all but name :)

For me, adding stuff like that to a road car is different to a manufacturer building a car with them where they have a function. You would expect the manufacturer to have used a wind tunnel and the parts to be somewhat functional - maybe not adding meaningful amounts of down force per se, but at least helping with high speed stability. If they are only there for show they just look silly, and I doubt the Integra above has ever seen a wind tunnel!

Couple more comments on the Intergra...

It's trying to look like a track car, yet has a sunroof. The fit of the carbon (or fake carbon) bonnet is appalling. The diffuser doesn't look like it fits properly. Harnesses in a car with no roll cage :odd:

MX5 look nice - like a mini Jaguar X-Type 👍

Last edited:
You know these aftermarket parts are designed with racing in mind, right? They aren't just lopped together to look good.

hsv
You know these aftermarket parts are designed with racing in mind, right? They aren't just lopped together to look good.

Errr... no mention of racing on the 'Top One Motors' website in relation to the parts fitted the Integra. A claim that the diffuser improves traction (on a FWD car :odd:), but mostly just 'This product will significantly improve the appearance of the vehicle'.

'Lopped together to look good' would actually seem to be quite an accurate description of the parts fitted :lol:

Sorry, Integra, but still a 2 door Civic in all but name :)

For me, adding stuff like that to a road car is different to a manufacturer building a car with them where they have a function. You would expect the manufacturer to have used a wind tunnel and the parts to be somewhat functional - maybe not adding meaningful amounts of down force per se, but at least helping with high speed stability. If they are only there for show they just look silly, and I doubt the Integra above has ever seen a wind tunnel!

Well there can be two sides to this though, what if the car is actually tracked? Just because its on his car that he daily drives doesn't make it unnecessary. Still though, we can both believe what we'd like at this point, as its all a guessing game.

Couple more comments on the Intergra...

It's trying to look like a track car, yet has a sunroof. The fit of the carbon (or fake carbon) bonnet is appalling. The diffuser doesn't look like it fits properly. Harnesses in a car with no roll cage :odd:

Well just because it has a sunroof doesn't take away of anything that it can be a possible trackcar/daily driver. There is nothing wrong. That's like saying a Roadster can not be a track car because it has a soft-top convertible. Some like creature comforts with their track cars, some like full blown race cars, it doesnt make one obsolete though. Carbon fiber hood, I can actually do without, but if it is being tracked then all those upgrades could make a difference.

Errr... no mention of racing on the 'Top One Motors' website in relation to the parts fitted the Integra. A claim that the diffuser improves traction (on a FWD car :odd:), but mostly just 'This product will significantly improve the appearance of the vehicle'.

'Lopped together to look good' would actually seem to be quite an accurate description of the parts fitted :lol:
What does being FWD have to do with aero? Nothing at all. That point is irrelevant. It being FWD doesn't automatically mean that the rear is going to be planted all the time. Especially with how thin the wheels generally are on these cars, all 4 corners are set up with the same size generally. However, I would agree that the rear probably isn't as necessary if its a stock engine, but the front can definitely be warranted. Accurate description? I would say no, thats all guesswork as we have no idea about the car, other than that its in a picture posted in this thread.

I would like to add to my opinion actually. I do like the car, but I'm not so sure it fits the tasteful thread. I would say its borderline, but it is definitely functional.

Of course we don't know for sure if the car is tracked, but if you're going to stick the aero parts on it to try and make it look like a Touring Car, you think he'd also have fitted a cage and some decent tyres.

As for the aero working... of course aero CAN work on a FWD car. But that wasn't my point. My point was the only performance claim on the aero parts manufacturers web site was in relation to the rear diffuser improving traction on a FWD car. Other than that, they only mention that the parts improve the appearance of the car (which is matter of opinion - my opinion being they look ****).

And the parts are only functional if they have been properly tested, and the car is fast enough to benefit from them and is tracked. Otherwise it's the usual fake race car bits stuck on a road car to make it look like a track car... which IMO, is completely lame.

So again... 'Lopped together to look good' would actually seem to be quite an accurate description of the parts fitted.

F-type... not even a two-door version of the X-type.

jaguar-x-type-2007-w.jpg

Posting the MX-5 cup was in reference to splitter use vs ride height, btw. That you like it slightly contradicts what you're saying about the Honda.

Last edited:
I'm just going to throw this in here hoping for some honest opinions. I'm kinda really liking it and thinking about putting these aero bits on my own RSX/Integra :nervous:. Considering my long list of planned mods for my car is pretty much all in handling upgrades (I recently found there are a ton of different chassis bars made for these things and I want them all), I don't think it's too unjustified.

1978617_orig.jpg

8132924_orig.jpg

5400699_orig.jpg

Look cool? ...or as ridiculous as an aluminum wing and a fart can on a '90s Corolla?

Not too bad, son, I like what I see here. I even decided to raise with two more RSX's I found. I really love these two, I almost drooled, for real.
Here's number uno, not much tuning, which I approve, but the paintjob, Jesus Christ.
impp-1010-01-o%2B2004-acura-rsx-type-s%2Bfront-view.jpg

What I can say here...I don't know..it's incredible.

Then here's number two here.
7451468440_dfca63bf26_o.jpg

That have got to me tasteful, not much fo a ricey bodykit, it actually makes the RSX look like a mean machine. I like.

One more, actually. A smooth one.
295145d1352498627-official-dc5-picture-thread-img_2552-copy.jpg

Yeah, the wild paint jobs/decals seem to be making a slow comeback. There's something going on in the drift and show scenes with hoods being done up with anime/manga women. Body kits have obviously come back in a big way, although they're more tastefully designed. Rocket Bunny cars have become exhausting to look at though; I used to love the S13 kit, but now I'm not so sure after seeing so many newer cars by them.

If you take off the vinyl wraps they would be, imo. I love that first Evo. I think the Enkeis on that BR-Z are likely to go down as an iconic wheel. Like the TE37 and arguably the Desmond Regamaster Evo/Spoon SW388, they look great on everything.

Back