Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
23028406850_5b84f27c52_h.jpg
23215912872_7ef16f9040_h.jpg
22695858004_bf42e07b53_h.jpg

SVX
SHUT UP AND DO IT
"They’re original 20 inch OZ Futuras sourced out of Italy by Mike. It took him a total of nine months to get the wheels ready for the car between waiting on the wheels to arrive from over seas to having them completely rebuilt to his specs. The rebuild included a redrill to 5×112, relipped, and fully polished, resulting in the final specs of 20×10 +13 235/35 front and 20×10 +8 255/30 rear."

Yeah......

Honestly, I don't like how that wheel looks in larger sizes, especially with how old it is.

redonmf.jpg

I know, but it's a one-off. So I'll let it slide. Do you know of any other wide five spoke deep dish rims large enough to suit an A8?

The only ones I know of, are OEM Audi rims scaled up to 19 or 20 inches and chromed out. Which look beautiful tbh.

Like these

w06_16_91.jpg

Or these

w05_19_33.jpg

Last edited:
I know, but it's a one-off. So I'll let it slide. Do you know of any other wide five spoke deep dish rims large enough to suit an A8?

The only ones I know of, are OEM Audi rims scaled up to 19 or 20 inches and chromed out. Which look beautiful tbh.

Like these

w06_16_91.jpg

Or these

w05_19_33.jpg
Futuras are one of my favorite wheels so I've done some research myself.

These are pretty similar http://www.avantgardewheels.com/m240.php They're not quite the right size though.

VXR
The engine? The central intake is reminiscent of the Maserati V8 - and the Aston Martin equivalent.
The one on this page? Tanner Faust's Passat drift car? That's a GM LSx. The water pump pulley is a dead giveaway, but failing that, the heads (far too narrow for DOHC--Maserati hasn't built an OHV V8 as far as I know, at least not recently--and no indication of appropriate timing gear) should at least point to something other than Maserati. Then there's the "where do I find parts to build my Italian V8 for drift use in a German car?" factor. :P

Here's the pump:

LSxPumpF.jpg

I sure hope you're referring to the engine I think you are. :lol:

And please don't take my matter-of-fact phrasing as a sign of my mocking anyone who could make this mistake, because I'm not and it's not that absurd a mistake to make. Now if you'd assumed it was a rotary... :P

Oh, and here's a contemporary Maserati V8 (whose water pump appears it may be driven externally from the reverse). Note the size of the heads and double bumps at the front of them to indicate timing gear:

maserati_engines__pictures_1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks more like a a 993 shopped in a 911 GT1 style to me.

The vent on the rear deck seems to follow the 959 convention rather than the 993's.

Having said that, it's so far removed from either car that I'd need to see the original to know what it was based on.

Back