Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
I quite like this RX7.
image.jpeg

Oookay..Is that they were the ones that did that car. FYI.
I'm aware, but standard Ring Bros. practice is to take muscle cars and other American cars of the muscle car era and do things to them that 16-year-olds do to make their hand-me-down Civic coupes "dope"--only with the higher cost of one-off fabrication and manufacture because nobody else is stupid enough to produce the components they use. While one ought to be lauded for going to so much trouble to make something exactly as they want it, the way they want it is just so...tacky; and they should be lynched for some of the things they do--such as that ghastly Pantera.

So while you have every right to express your opinion that what they do is tasteful--and I'm not holding this opinion against you--I'll take the time to emphatically (viz. 'blow-hardily') disagree.

I'm aware, but standard Ring Bros. practice is to take muscle cars and other American cars of the muscle car era and do things to them that 16-year-olds do to make their hand-me-down Civic coupes "dope"--only with the higher cost of one-off fabrication and manufacture because nobody else is stupid enough to produce the components they use. While one ought to be lauded for going to so much trouble to make something exactly as they want it, the way they want it is just so...tacky; and they should be lynched for some of the things they do--such as that ghastly Pantera.

So while you have every right to express your opinion that what they do is tasteful--and I'm not holding this opinion against you--I'll take the time to emphatically (viz. 'blow-hardily') disagree.

And I'll join him on the disagreement. The Ring Brothers is the worse thing that has happened to high-end hot rodding in a reeeeeeeeeal while. Not even Chip Foose's worse days, ffs.

On your defense, @LivingWithGames I'll say that Afterburner is one of their most refined and more-or-less tasteful creations, along with maaaaybe Recoil. Every other Ringbrothers car is an eyesore.

Well, that Fairlane in particular was tasteful, I wasn't aware of all this so, again, I'm under my thick cave.

@Cano and fair enough. I would look at their otehr rides but if it's an eye-sore, I better not cringe myself. Thanks for warning.

You'll never know if you don't take a peek for youself!

For fu...Argh, here goes nothing.

Okay, Recoil's passable, I'd rock it. Dragon's alright, I like it..sorta. Reactor though..screw that.

Now the De Tomas- @Cano, Jesus H. Christ, you weren't kidding. What the ****. And the bumper on that Mustang Espionage. Disgusting.

And now for something slightly different. These pictures are at least 16-17 years old, before Fast&Furious ruined everything for everyone, so apologies for the potato quality. And apologies if to you guys it's just another Civic, but to me, it's so much more than that. I remember the article in the magazine, just staring at that picture (the second one) and thinking, yep, that looks cool, I want something like that.

Either way, meet Spanky, arguably the greatest little Honda on the planet. It wasn't the fastest thing on earth, but it was perfect. It wasn't over the top, it had comprehensible mods, and even today it's a better build than any other Honda I've ever seen. That 2nd picture with the owner and the SS editor, I've had that on my garage wall since forever. Truly an inspiration to me. I liked it better with the black/red Mugen RNR wheels, but it's also pictured with Regamaster EVOs and BBR Competitions.

678t2g.jpg

2a3fh2.jpg

2ahv8fc.jpg

2jcsrvl.jpg

zjjuoo.jpg

2hyav60.jpg

29w8sp4.jpg

2hxsq6s.jpg

28smq1g.jpg

This is just about perfect. 2002 headlights on a 1993 is interesting though
Link: http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/modp-0904-1993-acura-nsx/
modp_0904_06_o+1993_acura_nsx+front_view.jpg
modp_0904_07_o+1993_acura_nsx+front_side_view.jpg
modp_0904_03_o+1993_acura_nsx+rear_view.jpg
modp_0904_01_o+1993_acura_nsx+side_view.jpg
modp_0904_05_o+1993_acura_nsx+engine_bay.jpg
modp-0904-02-o+1993-acura-nsx+front-view.jpg

Engine Modifications
ScienceofSpeed forged low-compression pistons, 36mm SS intake valve set, 30mm Inconel exhaust valve set, LMA Kit, dual valvesprings, titanium valvespring retainer set, billet oil pump gear set, billet camshaft plugs, and Stage 2 engine mounts; big flange stepped sleeved block, ARC baffled high-capacity oil pan, MLS head gasket set, ported cylinder heads, locking timing belt tensioner, ARP head stud kit and main stud kit; Precision Turbo PT67 turbocharger, TiAL blow-off valve, custom headers, turbo manifold, 4" downpipe, 4" single-exit exhaust, 10" radiator fans, and air-to-water FMIC; Walbro 225-lph fuel pump, RC Engineering 750cc fuel injectors, PWR radiator/oil cooler

Engine Management
AEM EMS tuned by Tony at UMS Tuning (Mesa, Arizona)

Drivetrain
RPS Stage 2 6-puck clutch, blueprinted NSX 5-speed with cryo'ed gears

Wheels, Tires And Brakes
Volk Racing 18x8.5" (f) and 19x10.5" (r) GT-V wheels, Toyo T1R 225/35ZR18 (f) and 295/30ZR19 (r) tires, Movit Brakes 4-piston "Porsche big reds" front calipers and 12.5" rotors, Goodridge braided SS brake lines

Suspension
TEIN Mono Flex coilovers, Dali Racing front and rear antisway bars, Okuyama rear shock tower brace, Honda NA2 NSX-R bushings and chassis reinforcements (tie bars)

Exterior
Cantrell Studios Widebody kit and GT-Series front bumper; custom Grigio Telesto paint, Downforce 02 Style Sports rear valance, '02+ NSX headlights and factory-style carbon-fiber hood

Interior
'92 dash (no airbag opening), Rapid Steering hub, NSX-R steering wheel and horn kit, machined-finish Signature Series billet instrument cluster rings, AEM serial gauge, Kenwood touchscreen head unit, Pioneer 8" flat subwoofers (behind seats), Rockford Fosgate 100x4 amplifier

Numbers
665 whp at 17.8 psi on 91-octane pump gas

Another worthy page? On my way!
vtqbr6fe.jpg

axScKWM5.jpg

Great Jesus...That looks slick. Not fan of the tinted taillights and grill but overall, pretty darn good. Scheisse.

****ing Hell. This, boys, ladies included...A freaking hand built carbon fiber '70 Charger, with V8 Twin Turbo from a powerboat engine. 1.650BHP. Insanity.

DSC02826-1200x800.jpg

1970-Dodge-Charger-Tantrum-015.jpg

dodge_charger_tantrum_interior.jpeg

Okay, I'll be able to sleep easy now, some of these looks real business..

Bo
I'm 99% sure that's from Finnish Time Attack.
I think I would have seen it or at least heard of it if it was.

Of course it could be something that was only used in the early days of our Time Attack series, but I doubt that as there aren't too many Unlimited class cars around.

Back