Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
174-640x426.jpg

85-640x426.jpg

That STI doe <3

146-640x426.jpg

316-640x426.jpg
This certainly over the most recent submission. I sincerely hope (but somehow doubt) those Toyos are abused, but I have to question the use of a lightweight trunklid on an already front-heavy chassis lacking similarly lightweight bits where they'd be more useful.

409%20008.jpg

This one's given me chills for a decade. The tasteful modification? Red anodized washers everywhere!!!

Bumper brackets.
409%20122.jpg

Under-dash.
409%20033.jpg

409%20043.jpg

Glove compartment. (Note the drilled hinges as well.)
409%20101.jpg

Pedal assembly.
409%20040.jpg

Hood latch.
409%20094.jpg

You get the idea. Want more but missed the subtle link earlier? http://www.oldbug.com/ab57.htm Oh yeah, those blue AN fittings were stripped and re-anodized red as well. :sly:

First of all, I know yes, this is a Toyota Celica, one of the cars ruined by RICERS. Therefore, you all will instantly hate it and post as questionable, I thought so too but upon finding this relic...

I was impressed. It wasn't that bad actually, the spoiler is not a bad choice for it, would stay with the standard one though. The bodykit? It's simple actually, not over the top and along with those rims in black and metallic orange?

Boy, I was in love! This may be one of the good 90's Celica I've found ever. Stickers are only in that mini window, which I don't mind. Well, only TOYO TIRES being on the door, barely noticeable. Tell em guys, don't you think from this angle, this car actually looks nice? Give me your thoughts.

3934520054_large.jpg

It's not that we hate it due to "ricers", it's due to the fact it wasn't all that great of a car to begin with in showroom looks and design and modified it just looks worse and worse. I truly believe that this is one of those cars that can't be made to look any better then the initial stock form.

Eh, I've always found that generation of Celica pretty attractive, it's easily one of the most cohesive coupes that came out around that time. But it's probably at its best as clean and simple as possible. I don't mind that orange/bodykitted example above but I'd struggle to call it tasteful. This is a better effort:

I'm also fond of the TRD Sports M that featured in GT - more evidence that styling-wise it really only needs a decent set of wheels to finish it off.

01w.jpg

Those are fine and work out much better, but that's because the kits they use or seem to use as you stated are closer to stock form and not over the top. A simple tasteful wheel mod seems to work best. For me though their ugly, but this isn't the "ugly car thread" so I can see how they're tasteful and still true to the design.

Found this in the internet. I say it's tasteful because well, I seen many van do this but they weren't perfect. Plus I don't think it's that qustionable, I was afraid I would post this in questionable and people say "Dood, dis ain't questionable, that is awesome more-like.

Looks like I found the perfect vehicle. Sorta but if I compare, it's a good match.

8d1oe6Vl.png

A bit like the FTO, sadly. No car cannot be greatly assisted by tasteful wheels (see, eg, that red Celica), a small drop in ride-height and a subtle front-lip, however.
I have to sadly admit that. Wait, even the FTO? It's one of my favourite mitsubishi's too...Though it's FWD so ofcourse no one cares. Oh well.

Wow. Finally a Soarer I found that looks amazingly gorgeous. With the exception of a few stickers on the windows ofcourse, but let's ignore them for once. It would of been teh perfect Soarer is wasn't for them but I'm ignoring them.

Interesting choice of bodykit that actually looks good - check. Sexy rims - check. Stanced? - Completely checked, this ride is sick, in a good way. And I'm not really fond of two-tone on imports because people hate them but this combo of red and black - check aswell.

Incredible, I finally found one hell of a Soarer. Post in Questionable if you want but I'm still sure this is sorta tasteful. Just..wow.

img_7526.jpg

Latest Posts

Back