Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
Yes, the car looks good in them but the whole point of putting new shoes on your car is so that they stand out and make your car unique.

What's unique about your Porsche when a Civic pulls up in the same rims.. ? Or a Golf, or a Scion tC, etc.
In this day and age there is no rim that would only be unique to one car.

I've seen people in the VW Crowd using Buggati and Porche rims. I've seen Lamborghini rims on something, I forgot what though. That is what I would I would consider more unique, but still, that isnt as unique if you consider that Lamborghini's, Bugatti's, and Porsche come stock with those.

Last edited:
I don't know how to feel about BBS's on a Porsche.

y04FN5N.gif

In this day and age there is no rim that would only be unique to one car.

I've seen people in the VW Crowd using Buggati and Porche rims. I've seen Lamborghini rims on something, I forgot what though. That is what I would I would consider more unique, but still, that isnt as unique if you consider that Lamborghini's, Bugatti's, and Porsche come stock with those.

Yes... those are fine. They make a VW unique. VW owns Porsche and Bugatti, so technically, they're OEM. What's so special about your car when you go to a car meet and see a whole aisle of cars with BBS's just like yours.

Yes... those are fine. They make a VW unique. VW owns Porsche and Bugatti, so technically, they're OEM. What's so special about your car when you go to a car meet and see a whole aisle of cars with BBS's just like yours.
Those being OEM would make them less unique, wouldnt you say, going by your definition as there are going to be a lot more cars have them(stock)? You're saying that alot of cars having that rim makes it less unique. All though maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

Its going to be next to impossible, there are not enough rims in the world for you to be a as unique as you wish when it comes to that. Or you could be totally unique and just go find the ugliest pieces of crap, but do you really want to be that unique?

There are, however, people in the whole stance crowd bringing uniqueness with the offset and width of their wheels.

Anything can look good with a slight drop and a decent set of wheels. I know its a chop, still looks decent.

...and I hate PT's.

Wheels look a bit too big IMO, but I can think of a few members who might like this...

Super-Amazon-01-1200x800.jpg

620hp at rear wheels - Turbocharged BMW M60 4.0L V8, Nissan BNR32 5-speed gearbox, BNR32 Skyline GT-R driveline, BNR32 Skyline GT-R front and rear subframes, BNR32 Skyline GT-R complete front/rear suspension, XXR 530 18×8.75-inch (front), 18×9.75-inch (rear), Hankook Ventus slicks 260/660-18 (front), 280/660-18 (rear).

Back