Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
0705_mufp_35_z%2Bford_hot_rods%2Bmustang_rear.jpg

0911sr_14_z%2B1947_chevy_pickup%2Bhot_rod_truck.jpg

I'd like a more subtle color, but damn that thing looks good. Getting one of these and doing a number on it has been on my mind for a while. Full road-race style, maybe IMSA flares, front snowplow and stuff. And ideally the stock 4.3 but fortified and turbocharged, altough I don't have the slightest idea if those can be made strong enough to withstand big power.

I'd like a more subtle color, but damn that thing looks good. Getting one of these and doing a number on it has been on my mind for a while. Full road-race style, maybe IMSA flares, front snowplow and stuff. And ideally the stock 4.3 but fortified and turbocharged, altough I don't have the slightest idea if those can be made strong enough to withstand big power.
They came with quite a few engines, you guys got the 4.6L I6 too. Although some of these have 304s. I would imagine they are actually pretty stout since I've seen people put pretty built 360s in them.

They came with quite a few engines, you guys got the 4.6L I6 too. Although some of these have 304s. I would imagine they are actually pretty stout since I've seen people put pretty built 360s in them.

No V8s at all in Mexico, so swapping one in would mean cross-polination or importing one, and I'm not paying for shipping a several-hundred-pound lump just to have a family-V8 in one. LSx/Hemi III here we go.

No V8s at all in Mexico, so swapping one in would mean cross-polination or importing one, and I'm not paying for shipping a several-hundred-pound lump just to have a family-V8 in one. LSx/Hemi III here we go.
Doesn't surprise me. LSx are awesome but everyone runs them. But then again that's your best option. Definitely would be a sweet car regardless.

I don't think I've ever seen an LS swapped Spirit.

Back