Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
I think its very tastefully done. I really like the colors too.
I agree that everything else about the Evo Wagon looks great, but the camber & height; not so much. I've said it before and I'll say it again; too much camber to me ends up looking ugly on a car.

I agree that everything else about the Evo Wagon looks great, but the camber & height; not so much. I've said it before and I'll say it again; too much camber to me ends up looking ugly on a car.

I knew going in that this camber would be upsetting (I used to like it too, but I'm starting to move away from it.)

I also did not it came out of factory as a wagon. TIL.

(Can't argue with how Jalop a Lancer wagon could be, however.)

I prefer it done like this.

DSC_1423.jpg

I've had the honor seeing a few of these beasts. :drool:

I don't know...it's something about it. Depending on the vehicle I don't mind few on a back window here and there but it's simply too much and too distracting. It takes away from the look and shape of the car in a very negative way.

I'm not talking the horrible sticker bombed Civics and that stuff either; straight up race car livery like that wagon above has. It might have been cool when I was 5 but to me its just flat out overkill.

SVX
I wouldn't call obnoxious stickers and gnarly aero 'tasteful', but each to their own...

It's a race car, what can you do. If anything I thought the sponsors look rather tamed. And "gnarly aero"? :odd:

It's a race car, what can you do. If anything I thought the sponsors look rather tamed. And "gnarly aero"? :odd:

There's your problem. I've never known a race car to be tasteful. They're purposeful, and not necessarily 'pretty', bar a few.

Gnarly aero, well that'd be the front canards, spoiler, vents, ducts, etc...

I didn't necessarily mean it by being a tastefully modified example. I was posting it in response to yours. Although I do disagree with your statement of race cars being fully purposeful and can't be tasteful. You're thinking of the function and form argument too much.

How to make Range Rover Sport worse: Step 1. Take the only SUV that can do even bit of off-roading. Step 2 Make it unable to do any off-roading. Step 3. Take to desert for a good pic. Step 4. Sell it to people with more money than taste.

I'm not talking the horrible sticker bombed Civics and that stuff either; straight up race car livery like that wagon above has. It might have been cool when I was 5 but to me its just flat out overkill.
I agree that most racing liveries don't look very good when compared to plain car, especially lower-end racing livery with many small sponsor stickers all around the car, like that Lancer wagon, look just wrong. Yes there is purpose, but that doesn't make them any better looking.

I didn't necessarily mean it by being a tastefully modified example. I was posting it in response to yours.

Ah, fair enough. 👍

Although I do disagree with your statement of race cars being fully purposeful and can't be tasteful. You're thinking of the function and form argument too much.

Race cars can certainly look very cool/awesome, but as I said earlier in the thread, when I think tasteful I think pretty. Other than the exception of a few older race cars I don't necessarily find race cars 'pretty'. I reserve pretty for things like this:

2.jpg

:drool:

Less is more, for tastefulness.

Agree to disagree, I think. 👍

How to make Range Rover Sport worse: Step 1. Take the only SUV that can do even bit of off-roading. Step 2 Make it unable to do any off-roading. Step 3. Take to desert for a good pic. Step 4. Sell it to people with more money than taste.
Could've been worse
I like the grey one more than the gold one.

Been a while, but I'm back with some more I found:

8904301-700-0.jpg

Another Corvette (C3 specifically) that hits all the right spots for me (thought I am abit undecided on the chin Spoiler).

attachment.php

I know this is probably too much black for most but for me, what makes this work is the different textures with the car in a Matt finish and the Wheels in a glossy finish. I tend to dig that for some reason.

16_r8.jpg

While I'm not a fan of the rear, I think the TTS front end surprisingly works well on a R8, which is funny considering I thought it never would.

Lamborghini-Aventador-Carbonado-GT-Mansory-1.jpg

I know this is a controversial one as normally when you think Mansory, you think "ruined" (well at least I do). However, I find myself unable to say the same for this. For me, the modifications actually work well on this car, like they were specifically made for this car. Things like the Louvers in the hood actually manage to keep with the crazy Lamborghini styling insanity.

Pantera = Instant win in this thread.

Meanwhile, this just in from Team SpeedHunters

View attachment 247333

Love these.

Wait. Before you watch the videos, skip to 40:30 and watch until 42:20 in the first video. They say something I think every car enthusiast should live by. Keep what they say in mind when watching the video
The end result is good.

Never facepalmed so much in an entire video. Put all that work in for a fake mod. I didn't really understand why. $2000 dollars worth of fake mods over the course of 6 months. Like they said, consider doing it for real. Yeah. In 6 months, you could've had a beast of a car.

Back