Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
I guess my inability to understand it is due to the fact that I only see them as purposeful and not especially attractive to begin with, which is due mostly to the exposed hardware and typically poor fitment. Really, I have a healthy appreciation for the Starlet in general and that was the only thing I had issue with this particular example, it just jumps out at me as more than somewhat off.

I guess my inability to understand it is due to the fact that I only see them as purposeful and not especially attractive to begin with, which is due mostly to the exposed hardware and typically poor fitment. Really, I have a healthy appreciation for the Starlet in general and that was the only thing I had issue with this particular example, it just jumps out at me as more than somewhat off.
In the case of it not being purely based on functionality, it would just be aesthetics. I personally love them, and would definitely use them, regardless on what I'm trying to achieve. That, coupled with wider meatier tires is always a plus, regardless if its function, or form.

Everything needs overfenders. I love them, but I realize they aren't always tasteful. As much as I love RWB, I understand it isn't tasteful at all. :lol:
p1-11.jpg

Ugk1Tjf.jpg

And something I have to post because, it seems actually good. Now, now...I know in my humble opinion, stripes mostly work for muscles and such. I've eben proven wrong and boy, I like his choices.
modp_0905_04_o+mazda_rx7_collection+1994_touring_package.jpg

Proper wheels, no spoiler, black and sorta golden stripes? This guy is speaking my language.

Well I think I might find myself going back to the dark art of the Miata after reading about this guy's Miata.

10259065_10202951918393818_7353661578761331096_o.jpg

Wait for it... Anyone that has browsed through the Moss catalog will recognize this engine bay. The Gentleman that owns this car is now going into the 5th evolution of this car dropping a Honda J series engine in it. This got my attention considering I have a 07 Accord sitting in my driveway getting no love at the moment. I have been waiting for winter to be over to make the Accord nice and pretty again to sell it, but medulla badidea had its nerve struck and now I am seeking out Miatas again over 10 years since I had my last one.

He will be using a non customer tested conversion kit that he bought just recently to do the install. There are a few things that need to be done to the kit for me to really make the first step in doing this in the first place. The kit uses a transmission adapter plate and that is not enough for me. I need some sort of engine mount fabricated in the process to take this seriously. We will see what this Gentleman comes up with.

Okay, to the point of posting here. This is the exterior of this lovely Miata.

11077379_10202951922233914_5111861739098168103_o.jpg

That is correct sir. Waiting for some real uploaded photos of the kit. Very skeptical about the mounting of this, but maybe a mods and this might be a cheap - ish ticket to a V6 Honda powered Miata... i would want to put a dry sump on my engine though so you do not need to mess with the steering rack. That will throw cheap - ish out the window and get into V8 territory in price I believe.

Finally someone posts up an MKIV of great looks and respectability. none of the one before it I could truly appreciated either due to a 2 fast 2 furious light body kit or a bad fitting body kit, or ugly wheels that didn't fit the car. But this does a great job of being subtle yet obviously built to go fast.

Your brother lacks any form of creativity or originality whatsoever.
Huh?

We had multiple 240's before, an S14 with an RB26DETT, my brother's S13 with the 2JZ-GTE, another S13 with an LSX, and another S14 with a VK56DE. We had an obsession with S-Chassis cars before.

Back