Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
What about the Art Morrison's Corvette '60? Looks and sounds great, drifts good but still needs some finetuning. Has the potential of becoming a great drift car.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05 by shmogt, on Flickr
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM 2005
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 515HP/7600rpm
Torque: 450 ft-lb/5400rpm
Weight: 1080 kg
Miles: 38.7
Performance Points: 565

PARTS:
All parts. I'm using comfort hard

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 5/5
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: xx
2nd: xx
3rd: xx
4th: xx
5th: xx
6th: xx
Final: 4.583
Top Speed: 199

Torque Split
10/90

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: 7/33
Accel: 10/48
Braking: 5/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-15
Spring Rate: 11.5/9.0
Extension: 7/9
Compression: 7/9
Anti-Roll: 6/7
Camber: 3.5/1.0
Toe: -0.19/-0.06

Brakes
Brake Balance: 4/10

TUNER COMMENTS:
This is a Team Shmo tune made by PghBest. It is the first tune that is not made 100% by me, but he asked if he could send me a tune and like usual if I like it I will post it. I do not do 4WD cars for drift because I find they still have too much grip and a list of other problems. This car surprised me however by the extreme easiness of driftability. I really like the precision steering it has to be able to correct the angle in mid drift or to move closer or wider to the edge all after you have already started the drift. If you are a beginner or intermediate wanting to improve this car is perfect as it's hard to get into trouble and allows you to make corrections mid drift to learn from for next time. One other thing that is so cool about this car is that if you paint it black the GT logo on the side is white, silver, or black depending on which angle you are looking at it from. Plus the headlights are carbon fiber with only a little cut out for one light that is blueish.

EDIT: slight changes since spec 2. Aero, ballast, LSD, and front and rear toe angles have been changed. It is much better now overall.

when i put on high rpm turbo i only get 511 hp and 570 pp what should i do? :)

r26r
What about the Art Morrison's Corvette '60? Looks and sounds great, drifts good but still needs some finetuning. Has the potential of becoming a great drift car.

Ya I heard that car is amazing to drift. I'll prob make a tune for it one day.

djulian55
when i put on high rpm turbo i only get 511 hp and 570 pp what should i do? :)

You have less horsepower and yet more pp. Doesn't make sense. Either way it won't effect anything as long as all your settings are the same as mine.

djulian55
shmogt can you make a drifting setup of the spyker C8 laviolette '01

I might. I have a few that I need to do still

ya i heard that car is amazing to drift. I'll prob make a tune for it one day.

You have less horsepower and yet more pp. Doesn't make sense. Either way it won't effect anything as long as all your settings are the same as mine.

I might. I have a few that i need to do still

so i should put on the high rpm turbo?

so i should put on the high rpm turbo?

yes just put the same parts I have on it always. The amount of hp will change depending on how many miles you have on the car. You probably have less miles than what I have on mine. Also I'm guessing you haven't changed the lower downforce since you have more pp.

Volkswagen New Beetle RSi 2000

You may be looking at this car and think it is so stupid to drift in. However no joking it's amazing. It has an awesome transmission. It's very rare where I find cars like this that have these types of transmissions, but it's the same as the supra's. Great car overall, really easy to drift and hold plus you definitely will be the only one online rocking this thing. I know you like the pic lol.

P.S. these pics were taken by LaidbackMaybach check out his album

Last edited:
shmogt
Car: Volkswagen New Beetle RSi 2000

Great car overall, really easy to drift and hold plus you definitely will be the only one online rocking this thing.

Only problem is getting booted from online lobbies for driving a 4WD lol

Only problem is getting booted from online lobbies for driving a 4WD lol

haahah omg I hate people who allow everything except 4WD. I usually test all my cars online before releasing a tune and I go to one lobby and it seemed cool than says I can't enter because of 4WD. Whatever tho the lobbies you are allowed in you will look like a star.

I'm really loving all of your tunes and all of the ones I've tried have worked for me. S15, S2K, S. Shigeno Ver. AE86, BMW M3, all of them are beastly. If possible, could you do a tune for the Mazda RX-8 Type S Premium? I've been looking for one for awhile and seeing that you have great tunes for 6-gear boxes, I have no doubt in my mind that you'll come up with something great.

Again, loving the way you tune.

I'm really loving all of your tunes and all of the ones I've tried have worked for me. S15, S2K, S. Shigeno Ver. AE86, BMW M3, all of them are beastly. If possible, could you do a tune for the Mazda RX-8 Type S Premium? I've been looking for one for awhile and seeing that you have great tunes for 6-gear boxes, I have no doubt in my mind that you'll come up with something great.

Again, loving the way you tune.

Thanks. I was actually thinking about doing that one. I just don't know what's a cool paint scheme for it. I got a couple of really awesome ones before I do that one tho

ive been using your tunes on almost all my drift cars and love them. I really have fun drifting old muscle cars but the couple of tunes you have are the only ones i can find. Im hoping you can expand your muscle car libary :)

crash9201
ive been using your tunes on almost all my drift cars and love them. I really have fun drifting old muscle cars but the couple of tunes you have are the only ones i can find. Im hoping you can expand your muscle car libary :)

Ya muscle cars are great I will do more

Car: Volkswagen New Beetle RSi 2000
Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 453HP/6900rpm
Torque: 348 ft-lb/4400rpm
Weight: 1232 kg
Miles: 14,664.2
Performance Points: 514

PARTS:
All parts. I'm using comfort hard. Do engine and chassis restore if needed.

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 3.310
2nd: 2.341
3rd: 1.850
4th: 1.507
5th: 1.233
6th: 1.022
Final: 4.000
Top Speed: 143

Torque Split
10/90

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: 25/60
Accel: 45/60
Braking: 5/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-15
Spring Rate: 11.3/7.5
Extension: 8/6
Compression: 7/5
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 2.9/0.6
Toe: -0.36/-0.44

Brakes
Brake Balance: 4/5

TUNER COMMENTS:

You may be looking at this car and think it is so stupid to drift in. However no joking it's amazing. It has an awesome transmission. It's very rare where I find cars like this that have these types of transmissions, but it's the same as the supra's. Great car overall, really easy to drift and hold plus you definitely will be the only one online rocking this thing.

Finally :D - i'm checking this tune out right now!

Ya muscle cars are great I will do more

i hope so, muscle cars driftin are awesome
just been playin with the Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 and its one hell of a drift beast outta the box, and a few little tweaks and its just a drift brute with like 827hp (once tuned) haha :D

whisp187
i hope so, muscle cars driftin are awesome
just been playin with the Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 and its one hell of a drift beast outta the box, and a few little tweaks and its just a drift brute with like 827hp (once tuned) haha :D

Lol ya I was the only one a long time ago drifting muscle cars online. Every room I would go in was all Japanese cars when I had my big viper and everyone complained. Than I ran circles around them with 10x the power lol. I tried the Chevelle rm and it was crazy awesome. I might make a tune for the normal one since I got one that looks perfect for drift already.

Lol ya I was the only one a long time ago drifting muscle cars online. Every room I would go in was all Japanese cars when I had my big viper and everyone complained. Than I ran circles around them with 10x the power lol. I tried the Chevelle rm and it was crazy awesome. I might make a tune for the normal one since I got one that looks perfect for drift already.

chevelle rm?? dint know it could be done thought was only corvette and and camaro?

i love my 69 camaro rm for driftin, tho recently its gone a bit unloved due to goin on a bit of a tunin mission on sooo many different cars lol as well as spending ages tryin to tune the hideous Mazda autozam az-1 for drifting as my cousin wanted one ¬.¬ vile thing
but tbh, most chevrolets are awesome to drift, about the only way a fair chunk of em will go around a corner lol

whisp187
i love my 69 camaro rm for driftin, tho recently its gone a bit unloved due to goin on a bit of a tunin mission on sooo many different cars lol as well as spending ages tryin to tune the hideous Mazda autozam az-1 for drifting as my cousin wanted one ¬.¬ vile thing
but tbh, most chevrolets are awesome to drift, about the only way a fair chunk of em will go around a corner lol

Lol ya man doing little cars with low HP suck. I have lots of cars for drift if you couldn't tell lol and barely use any. It's always using whatever I'm tuning next. I still got some favs tho that I remember as being extra good.

Thanks. I was actually thinking about doing that one. I just don't know what's a cool paint scheme for it. I got a couple of really awesome ones before I do that one tho

Cool, thanks. I hope it comes soon. I really like your tunes and they work extremely well for me.
Again, thanks for considering my request.

Greetings fellow Canadian, shmogt.

"I may take my first crackshot at Drifting, a year into this game, to begin with the Nur 24h TT , lol.
I don’t know how I’ll fare, as most drifters I see on this track are always in the grass. I’ll check out Team SHMO (subforum) tunes for some V8 tunes & advice."

Any tips and advice & choice of car for this new TT for me ? :)

It will be my first time drifting, (I shy away from it , but I know this track like the back of my wife's hand)

G25 Wheel user, and I can almost make the Camaro '69 drift on Racing Softs! lol

The SOS Amg is a beast standard have you tried tuning that also just done the mustang svt that's a brute real easy to get sideways pulling 10000 drifts with ease

Thomas2012
Could you do the pontiac tempest gto
I'm not sure about that one. I like the other styling GTO better but they didn't put that one in the game

Lambob
Greetings fellow Canadian, shmogt.

"I may take my first crackshot at Drifting, a year into this game, to begin with the Nur 24h TT , lol.
I don’t know how I’ll fare, as most drifters I see on this track are always in the grass. I’ll check out Team SHMO (subforum) tunes for some V8 tunes & advice."

Any tips and advice & choice of car for this new TT for me ? :)

It will be my first time drifting, (I shy away from it , but I know this track like the back of my wife's hand)

G25 Wheel user, and I can almost make the Camaro '69 drift on Racing Softs! lol
Lol ok first time drifting at that track may be tricky. My intro has tips and car choice etc read that

Kylewismith
The SOS Amg is a beast standard have you tried tuning that also just done the mustang svt that's a brute real easy to get sideways pulling 10000 drifts with ease

what's the SOS amg lol. Ya the svt mustang is crazy good

i think it was a typo meant to be the Merc SLS AMG '10 and the new seasonal is a few sectors on the nurb ring, pretty good mix for 3 sectors tho

Back