Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
Seriously is it that hard to tune a BMW M5 '08? Cause mine is Full Tuned + Little adjustment.. and ofc Comfort Hard tires..

I am searching the internet for a Drift Tune but their aint 1 yet :P Mine is ok but seriously it is max tuned and that's it.. It is a beast and it Drift very very good but still I am looking for a nice setting/tune :P

lol ya it's big with tons of power. People prob don't look for tunes for it since it drifts fairly well with the smallest changes. Hopefully I will show them what a real tune on it can turn it into

Nice guide and some good information.
I'm starting to play now a little with drifting in GT5 and FM4, but compared to you I really suck ^^

Spike125
I'm starting to play now a little with drifting in GT5 and FM4, but compared to you I really suck ^^

Not the only one... If I become half as good as shmo tuning then I'll be epic!

Ooo potential on M5 tune :) i keep meanin to tweak one too, but i get sidetracked too easily by odd cars that i decide should drift

Im trying to crack into the top 250 with your chevelle tune. I'm 2000 points off the lead atm for the nur trial against the TVR's, there is more I can get from it, I know it.

did you manage to get more outta it?? soo curious lol

whisp187
Ooo potential on M5 tune :) i keep meanin to tweak one too, but i get sidetracked too easily by odd cars that i decide should drift.

Yea I'm like that but, my ps3 broke :(. Anyhow I'm starting on drift tunes on other games. (for the sanctity of gtplanet I will not name them) and I'm getting distracted by trying to drift a le mans car.

Bloody hell, that Chevelle is a monster!! But so easy to control :tup

Edit: that Chevelle tune seems to be a nice all round muscle car tune, I tried it on the Cuda and Superbird and they are just as nice to drift as the Chevelle

Last edited:
lol ya it's big with tons of power. People prob don't look for tunes for it since it drifts fairly well with the smallest changes. Hopefully I will show them what a real tune on it can turn it into

I know the car doesnt need a Tune that much but like you said.. If you find the right adjustment the 700+ HP Beast can only be faster though the corners or just better :P

Thnaks glade they help
Bloody hell, that Chevelle is a monster!! But so easy to control :tup

Edit: that Chevelle tune seems to be a nice all round muscle car tune, I tried it on the Cuda and Superbird and they are just as nice to drift as the Chevelle

lol nice, always good when tunes work for multiple cars

Nissan SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) 1991

I love the Skyline. My fav was the R34, but I have learned to love all them. Each one is special in it's own way. I wanted to do a drift tune for one, but they are all 4WD which I prefer not to do. Than one day I was looking for cars and see a Skyline that looks exactly like a normal R32 that is FR! It had to be done. The looks of a Skyline, but the ability not to be kicked out online for being 4WD lol. It's great too. Not much power, but it uses every bit that it does have. I think some crazy paint and rims this car could looks super awesome too.

Last edited:
Nice bro gonna try it out.. Got the same car.. Own setting but sure wanna test yours..
Nice
:embarrassed: i just made my own for exact same car yesterday haha

suppose i had best see if i can beat mine with urs :P

What I do is make a few tunes than time release them later when I think is good so I actually made this one a little while ago. I got pretty high scores around the 28,000 mark with it which to me is really good for a lower powered car

What I do is make a few tunes than time release them later when I think is good so I actually made this one a little while ago. I got pretty high scores around the 28,000 mark with it which to me is really good for a lower powered car

I managed about 26,000 outta mine but i reckon i could get a bit more outta it if i tried a little longer.
Gonna have to spend an hour or so having a bit of a shootout i think between my tune and urs, coz they are slightly different but in ways that make a big difference, but somehow, mine has like 428hp and 318ftlbs torque, odd to be that great a difference lol

whisp187
I managed about 26,000 outta mine but i reckon i could get a bit more outta it if i tried a little longer.
Gonna have to spend an hour or so having a bit of a shootout i think between my tune and urs, coz they are slightly different but in ways that make a big difference, but somehow, mine has like 428hp and 318ftlbs torque, odd to be that great a difference lol
Wtf that is a pretty big difference. Mine has over 60,000 miles tho. I heard once you go past a certain number of miles the HP Permanitly drops. It doesn't matter how many engine or oil changes you do.

Wtf that is a pretty big difference. Mine has over 60,000 miles tho. I heard once you go past a certain number of miles the HP Permanitly drops. It doesn't matter how many engine or oil changes you do.

Yeah, i heard something similar
I think i got major lucky on mine coz it only has 794 miles on it, bit of a pain tho if you can never get the performance back after a certain point

Yeah, i heard something similar
I think i got major lucky on mine coz it only has 794 miles on it, bit of a pain tho if you can never get the performance back after a certain point
Ya you did get lucky. I also heard those special tickets they give you at gt auto can restore any car tho. So If you use one it will restore the car back to normal no matter how many miles it has on it. I might try it on this car since it has so many miles and clearly has a lot of power gone.

Hi everyone

Sir. shmogt what tune do you recommend for a begginer at drifting?

Cheers :cheers:
I would suggest read my intro to get the basics of how I tune. Also read drift tips as it gives tips on how to drift as well as a car choice section for all levels.

Can you do Aston Martin V12 tune. While the only tuning parts are everything expect, no power updates. I know thats hard but id really like to see that.

Now back to American Gangster ->

Ya you did get lucky. I also heard those special tickets they give you at gt auto can restore any car tho. So If you use one it will restore the car back to normal no matter how many miles it has on it. I might try it on this car since it has so many miles and clearly has a lot of power gone.

Well if you do give it a bash let us know if works or not, would be good if it did, just a shame even if it does work, you only got limited use

Can you do Aston Martin V12 tune. While the only tuning parts are everything expect, no power updates. I know thats hard but id really like to see that.

Now back to American Gangster ->
I was thinking about doing that car as I already took the most beautiful pictures ever of it. I am sure it's possible to make a great drifter out of it with no extra power parts, but that's usually not my style. I prefer to make cars perform to the best they can be, but we will see.

Well if you do give it a bash let us know if works or not, would be good if it did, just a shame even if it does work, you only got limited use

I didn't want to use any of those tickets, but I guess I'll test it out to see if it's true or not.

I didn't want to use any of those tickets, but I guess I'll test it out to see if it's true or not.

if you dont want to use them, dont, was just a case of if you do, then it would be nice know, coz i dont think i have a car that i could test it on for now, otherwise, id use my own

edit:just tested it out on a Jag E Type i had with 233,000 miles, standard rebuild claimed 303bhp (already been modded a bit) and ticket dint increase on that, so i think that answers it lol

Last edited:
if you dont want to use them, dont, was just a case of if you do, then it would be nice know, coz i dont think i have a car that i could test it on for now, otherwise, id use my own

edit:just tested it out on a Jag E Type i had with 233,000 miles, standard rebuild claimed 303bhp (already been modded a bit) and ticket dint increase on that, so i think that answers it lol

lolo hmm from what I heard that is not supposed to happen. There is a few different types of tickets so maybe it's a special one. I may have to test around just to see what happens. Your car has a considerable amount more hp so it's prob worth it to get that back if possible.

After like an hour or so of trying i think its decided that your drift style n mine are a bit different, i can pull nearly 26k in my skyline tune, but cant seem to get urs much above 24k, i realy wanted to beat mine but couldnt :( still a good tune tho, just think mines obv setup up just how i need it, but only like 1500 in it isnt bad!

After like an hour or so of trying i think its decided that your drift style n mine are a bit different, i can pull nearly 26k in my skyline tune, but cant seem to get urs much above 24k, i realy wanted to beat mine but couldnt :( still a good tune tho, just think mines obv setup up just how i need it, but only like 1500 in it isnt bad!

pm me your tune maybe yours is just better. I will test it and see if I can beat my scores with mine. I know with mine to get really high scores it was all about focusing on achieving the greatest angle every time.

pm me your tune maybe yours is just better. I will test it and see if I can beat my scores with mine. I know with mine to get really high scores it was all about focusing on achieving the greatest angle every time.

HAHA had a totally random brainwave of my trans on ur tune, first lap out, 25855, like 50 points above using my tune, looks like im just realy picky with gearboxes, time to see just how high i can push it

whisp187
HAHA had a totally random brainwave of my trans on ur tune, first lap out, 25855, like 50 points above using my tune, looks like im just realy picky with gearboxes, time to see just how high i can push it
Lol well that's good than. Do what works for you.

Scotty90
Could you do a tune for the nsx r lm proto road car? If you don't have it I can send you one as I have two.

I have one and I really like the looks of that car. However one day I will make a nsx tune, but it will prob be the premium Honda nsx. They look virtually identical only it's premium so it looks nicer and people will have more freedom as to customize it.

Back