Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
-Lol Na it's impossible. All FF cars do is whip them with handbrake and hope they slide the whole corner. There's no actual control of anything because let's say you came in too slow and need more power once you hit the gas the car will either straighten out or spin out.

You obviously dont understand how to control a front wheel drive car

ive been tinkering with the Subaru impreza wrc, just with a little lsd and torgue conversion it managed 20,000 around tsukaba. Id mess with trans and suspension but im at a loss for it.

ive been tinkering with the Subaru impreza wrc, just with a little lsd and torgue conversion it managed 20,000 around tsukaba. Id mess with trans and suspension but im at a loss for it.
Try lowering it and adding more rear camber and toe

What about the Ferrari 458 Italia or Audi R8 5.2 FSI QUATTRO '09? I got the R8 drifting but it's not at its best and i don't know how to make it better :)
lol yes there are still lots of cars that can be still used to drift

So I'm looking at some of your tunes, and being a decent tuner for racing but a noob to drift tuning, it seems that generally speaking the rear should be set softer, and the front stiff. Is this correct?

rb26x
So I'm looking at some of your tunes, and being a decent tuner for racing but a noob to drift tuning, it seems that generally speaking the rear should be set softer, and the front stiff. Is this correct?

Well this is what my taste are. If you look at my LFA everything is a lot softer. I just feel the rear is all the power and if it's too stiff the car bounces around too much and makes it harder to get that smooth control over. With softer rear it absorbs all the bumps and when you hit the gas it stays smooth.

Well this is what my taste are. If you look at my LFA everything is a lot softer. I just feel the rear is all the power and if it's too stiff the car bounces around too much and makes it harder to get that smooth control over. With softer rear it absorbs all the bumps and when you hit the gas it stays smooth.

I've noticed that, I'm using your tunes as a base because I always had the rear stiff on my cars, but the soft rear works. I'm just asking as a benchmark to start a tune from. Thanks though!

rb26x
I've noticed that, I'm using your tunes as a base because I always had the rear stiff on my cars, but the soft rear works. I'm just asking as a benchmark to start a tune from. Thanks though!
These newer tunes I have been pushing to the absolute max I can get them. Like I have tried everything to get them to perform and this was the best I can do. How you drive makes a huge difference as I can add up to 3000 additional points on one drift just by focusing on exactly where the best line is. I know the top guys can get even better. Like the speed 12 tune I have one that a guy got 37,000 I think it was but my max is 31,000.
mevxhunt
Ahah hi

I'm still learning how to drift with a wheel, so I'm just looking for something easy to control, and these are there.

Ok heres my input.

Battle Tested.

The Tom's, Pontiac GTO and Speed 12 tune is great for drift seasonals.
They all work perfect for me.
I've managed several top 1000 with the Tom's. The GTO is online and all my mule accounts are getting the easy milion the seasonal gives. I've started yesterday the Speed 12 and managed a 17k at SSR5.

Thank you for the tune 👍 👍

Drevenger
Ok heres my input.

Battle Tested.

The Tom's, Pontiac GTO and Speed 12 tune is great for drift seasonals.
They all work perfect for me.
I've managed several top 1000 with the Tom's. The GTO is online and all my mule accounts are getting the easy milion the seasonal gives. I've started yesterday the Speed 12 and managed a 17k at SSR5.

Thank you for the tune 👍 👍

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. Speed 12 is trickiest of them all. It's all about constant speed so you don't slow down and snap back.

Autumn Ring Mini_3 by Shmogt3, on Flickr
Car: BMW M5 2008
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 691HP/8100rpm
Torque: 475 ft-lb/6900rpm
Weight: 1394 kg
Miles: 43.7
Performance Points: 582

PARTS:
All parts, I'm using comfort hard tires. Spoiler if you want just set it to the lowest.

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 4.520
2nd: 2.220
3rd: 2.527
4th: 2.025
5th: 1.659
6th: 1.392
7th: 1.190
Final: 3.690
Top Speed: 180

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/28
Accel: xx/45
Braking: xx/11

Suspension
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 14.5/9.8
Extension: 7/5
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 4.3/1.0
Toe: -0.38/-0.47

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/6

TUNER COMMENTS:

Here it is the big boy M5. Drifted pretty well stock, but wasn't good enough for me lol. Managed to squeeze out an extra 8,000 points with this tune which I feel is a large improvement lol. It was so tricky to get just right too. I made all these super tiny changes that kept making large differences. Watch your angles and give it a few test laps and you should get the hang of it to get big drifts.

The toughest time I had was deciding what styling I wanted to go with. I already have a all white one with black accessories and another different color white one with white rims, but I needed something super cool for this one. I was gonna paint it either a dark blue where the light hits it and the paint goes white with blue rims with the chrome lip. The other option was a orange and black combo. I looked at every single color, but eventually decided going with the orange and black. It was just the perfect orange and looks awesome drifting around.

P.S. I got some sweeeet pics. Check them in my gallery

The gear ratio for the second gear is 3.220 right? No 2.220 .. 2.220 is impossible to set anyway..

What is the difference between the acura and honda ? But it would be great lf you can do it . And one more question what mode do you drive in ? Third person ? Front ? Inside the Car ? Road View ?

Tzun
You should do a vote. Put 3 cars there and that one wich get most votes you do it.
I would but I pretty much do whatever cars I feel like lol

tunahonda
What is the difference between the acura and honda ? But it would be great lf you can do it . And one more question what mode do you drive in ? Third person ? Front ? Inside the Car ? Road View ?
The difference is I like the Honda one more. The looks I prefer. I'm sure the same tune will work for the Acura tho since they are basically the same car. Idk what mode it's called but you see only the road. I think people call it bumper cam since its so low to the road. It really doesn't matter what view you use just whatever you like the best.

I always go out of bounce when i drift , any tip to help me ? And i tried your dodge vip drft tune , is it for advance drifter ? because that thing is like out of control ! haha

Back